Forza Monthly livestream July 17

Forza Monthly livestream | July 2023

Forza Motorsport Creative Director Chris Esaki takes an in-depth look at the new AI driving mechanics and tire physics technologies, making Forza Motorsport our most competitive, immersive, and technically advanced racing game ever.
Tune in on Monday July 17 at 10am Pacific (localized: Monday, July 17, 2023 5:00 PM).

YouTube:

Twitch:
Twitch/Forza

7 Likes

I like what you did to that screenshot :smile:

Also swap of Mazdas is worth noting, as well as changed livery of car running ahead of the Cadillac (I’m not sure what it is)

3 Likes

Oreca LMP2

You know, one of the cars that was taken out from launch

That debacle atleast confirmed that we will see Audi LMP1 cars in the game though

1 Like

I don’t know many AAA games with reliable system requirements revealed as many as three months before release. Games are optimized almost until launch day so revealing PC specs now could lead us to wrong conclusions. This factor is supposed to be considered last :wink:

1 Like

We will know if these specs are reliable only when Bethesda updates them before launch and reveals full requirements :smile:

This picture! If this is what the new Forza presented as while playing, I would have absolutely no misgivings about the graphics. Yes, I know the viewpoint would greatly change the lighting and contrast… ect. But from the brief gameplay snippet shown from the career’s first look, the Nissan didn’t look as impressive while on track. Even when the car stopped and the weather was changed, the gameplay didn’t approach this level of impressiveness. Maybe I am asking too much?

Graphics aside, Tire physics is one of the topics that I am most interested in. I want to see what the differences look like. I hope there’s a direct comparison between tire behavior in FM7 and the new FM. Lets see the goods, and please don’t disappoint.

2 Likes

I get what you mean. Some cars are impossible to see out of. I wonder how the real car was competitive, at times? There are some prototypes that are absolute joys to race. The Mazda DPi (found in R3E on PC) is one of my favorite cars in the sim. On the other side of the coin, the 2012 Audi R18 E-Tron is an absolute nightmare in my opinion. I cannot see a darn thing if it’s not almost directly ahead of the car. LOL

Tune in for news from Chris Esaki now:

https://www.twitch.tv/forza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkIau4v7rFQ

• Focused on circuit-based racing; while drag tires are in the game, drag racing as a game mode and drift scoring won’t be in the game at launch but we’ll continue to update the game post-launch.
  • The AI will be able to compete with the best community players without relying on any tweaking their performance with extra horsepower or rubberbanding. The driving line has been overhauled for a clean and competitive experience with overly aggressive AI driving removed. Forza has used machine learning to help control every car in every condition for optimal performance - using 19 different driving lines on each track, compared to 3 manually-designed driving lines in previous games.
  • Dev build footage showed the difference between the FM7 suspension system - which reacted abruptly to surface changes (or not at all, due to smoothing) - vs the new system with more points of contact and realistic reaction to surface bumps so cars don’t suddenly get unsettled.
  • Chris discussed the different tire types and effect of heat on wear and grip.
  • We’ll discuss wheel support in a future Forza Monthly; today Chris showed Porsche 911 RSR at Kyalami on Series X gameplay using a Logitech G920

Reminder of future topics:

5 Likes

So a live service game.

Disappointed no drag or drift at launch tbh.

^^ is it just no drift hud? Will the drift physics be implemented at launch?

Edit:

Maybe I misinterpreted, but the impression I got when Chris was talking about the cars is that the old Forza model of being able to take a regular car and go racing is going in favour of ACC type of just race cars?

1 Like

The host doesn’t seem very interested.

1 Like

I’m not even huge fans of those modes, but to not have them, particularly when there will be tracks that do have drag strips and drift layouts used in Formula D and D1GP, seems very lazy.

Listening to the AI now…this is where a demo would tell everyone whether you are on to something or you’re full of it. Lots of buzzwords that mean little, and I can tell that some woman that looks like Christina Ricci in a red dress came in and said “Emphasize ‘machine learning’ as much as you can.”

EDIT: Yeah, you should have shown off the AI making mistakes, Chris. Bad call not to.

EDIT 2: Only multiple compounds for racing tires? Softs only last 3-4 laps? Does this scale with race length? Because extended races are going to be annoying if you have to pit multiple times in a short period of time. Also, Gran Turismo 7, with one point of contact, has multiple grades of tires with multiple compounds. Forza’s system smacks of “An attempt was made.”

1 Like

Yes, Chris Esaki sounds bored. I don’t understand why

1 Like

She constantly gives generic responses to Chris’ answers and explanations. And she’s clearly not a Forza or car enthusiast. Charleyy is much better

4 Likes

I’m hoping the tyre life scales but seems that pitting isn’t a big part of sp.

Re: the ai making mistakes, sounds like it’s not that common, tough to capture maybe?

The physics stuff was interesting to see imo.

It shouldn’t be that hard - get into a race and press an AI competitor until they slip up. I did it all the time in previous Forza Motorsports. It really sounds like they are trying to push out a bare-bones product and then hope they can patch in all the stuff they actually want to do before people notice that none of it’s there and drop the game like a bad habit.

3 Likes

I am seriously worried that their AI scaling won’t scale down well enough now. Granted, I am aware I am in the minority among this community with regard to not wanting much challenge when driving, but I am now very afraid that even when set to the absolute easiest level the AI will still be a significant challenge. I just want the AI cars to be effectively rolling chicanes that basically don’t exist unless I am near them looking for my chance to pass.

If I want them to be more difficult, I know how to use the menus to adjust that setting. Most days I just want to drive a car on a track and have fun making some credits so I can buy more cars to have fun driving. Real life is more than enough challenge. Driving is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

3 Likes

Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth, and Fiat are coming back! :heart:

Forza Monthly started poorly with Forza Motorsport segment but ending was wonderful! :smile:

However, I hope these cars are coming back all ot once - like Mitsubishi in FH4 - and not meant to be drip fed across many updates - like Toyota & Lexus in FH4 :wink:

5 Likes

If you are a huge fan of drag racing or drifting, then don’t buy the new Forza Motorsport and/or cancel the pre-order.

Incredible !

1 Like