FM Update 9.0 Overview - Sebring, Porsche, and Endurance Month| 10 June 2024

Just got to lap 20 of the endurance race at Road America. Cresting the hill on the front straight for the final time…

Game crashes. Kill me now. Literally less than 10 seconds from finishing an endurance race the game crashes. Seriously?

3 Likes

Thought the road America was the best race so far. Though the group c cars are my personal favourite.

Something is defo off with the AI though, it’s not nubberbandimg as it was a an easy win in thr Sauber but I do think there is a grip hack in play. I had to stop on meds at lap 8 and they ran til lap 14.

11 laps on the hards seen mine completely melted.
Again though at least there is an actual challenge now after to the update, still plenty of work to do though.

1 Like

You are so right.
And they do nothing with your feedback I am affraid.
That being said, it is a shame they have the gall to release a beta of a full version.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash when exiting races (Update 8 & 9)

Then expect you to vote on what needs fixing and close topics if they don’t get enough votes :rofl::rofl: Turn10 are pathetic.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why some players - even on the same console - can have different issues (seemingly not network related)?

I play on an Xbox Series X, and have not had the game crash in six months, and I’ve had perhaps 10 crashes in total since early release. My internal storage might be 60-70% full, and I have no external drives.

What kind of bugs can cause these crashes? Memory leaks? I never race MP, and I rarely race for more than a couple of hours at a time. Do you players who experience crashes play for hours before it happens? Do you close the game “properly” (I never use Quick Resume) after each session?

There has to be SOME specific common denominator(s) for those of you with the game crashing?!

2 Likes

I play on XsX and finishing a series or occasionally a free play session will result in a CTD prob circa 80% of the time. This is is a relatively new bug, update 8? Should’ve been hot fixed but hasn’t.

Not played MP for a few months, one of the reason why but certainly not exclusively was the CTD’s.

No idea on the technical reasons maybe ask Ron, he’ll defo know .

1 Like

Hotfix 8.1 added that freezing loadscreen problem. It didn’t happen in 8.0.

And now it’s still not fixed.

7 Likes

Ive asked this question a few times.I dont have half the issues some people have on XSX, my mate has endless problems wirh freeze ups on his XSX, there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason what triggers it.

It probably has something to do with server communication. Maybe the region ppl play it from even matters. I get freezes in loadscreens and I play from central europe Germany. Maybe ppl from UK or wherever don’t get these freezes I mean who knows.

I already tried playing with Open NAT Type, it didn’t change a thing. Maybe it’s a mix of several problems. The game is such a mess it could be anything.

2 Likes

That’s what I would tend to lean towards, something in the code that when it calls home base to say is everything ok it gets hung up and just won’t allow it to find the previous settings, like when you go for a race after purchasing a vehicle from that screen and when you exit out you might see a message saying changing car or the likes briefly.

Anyways it’s super annoying just because of the sheer amount of times it happens and since it hasn’t been acknowledged yet I’m starting to think it’s got Turn10 stumped on how to fix it

1 Like

Reducing time between races to 15min for every race lenght is the worst change they could do, pls go back to previous timings.

On short races u are not able to find any oponents when u want to do race after race, and u cant qualify even if u mash buttons to join next race as fast as possible.

while for longer races, player population is just spread to much on different races…

1 Like

If I avoid going back to main menu, the game never crashes.

Why they not even acknowledge the problem officially?

The game crashes very very often if going back to the main menu, please give this information to the devs @T10ManteoMax thank you.

I can play for MANY hours, the game never crashes if I don’t go back to main menu.

3 Likes

Yeah when I did try out MP everytime I joined the Nordschleife there wasn’t enough time to even set a one lap qualifying time.

Every time Turn10 add something to the game it feels like zero thought has gone into it or if some has its way off the mark of what racing enthusiasts would think

8vhzom

3 Likes

Well in case of nur, u need to skip race before, even old timing it was impossible to set qualify on nur. Tho they could add like 5-10 more minutes of time between races for nurburgring alone. So that anyone can post qualify lap.

Tho using old Forza multiplayer system where players are kept in same lobby race after race, with some changes from this game like:
-U get 2min to prepare between races, after that
-forcing everyone to do 5min/min 1 qualify lap (on qualify overtime for nurburgring u get 2 min waiting time after first player finishes qualify lap, after 2 min everyone is forced into race even w/o qualify),
-then start race.
-use matchmaking to fill up egsisting lobbies by skill/safety rating
-use standard track rotation (voting was kinda bad since everyone would wrote for same tracks over and over)

But it’s just idea that would not be implemented anyway xd

1 Like

Before they made the changes I always got time for a clean lap, now it’s just get out and do a dirty one and hope it’s the fastest.

Nordschleife needs to be treated differently when it comes to practice/qualifying. It should have it’s own dedicated revolving rounds and classes

B to X over the 3 different layouts staggered with 30 minute practice

1 Like

Next week Starts Update 10

2 Likes

Hopefully.

1 Like

Let’s see what actually makes it onto the change log that the user’s see, there seems to be one for them and one that’s missing most of the other stuff for us.

Someone else here said they feel changes are being made on the fly outside of updates and I’d believe that, CE said this installment is much easier to make changes to, maybe they update outside of official updates and that way they don’t need to inform the customer

That may be the case. Doesn’t make sense why they aren’t being transparent about some of the changes that affect the user. Even a crummy little list that says “Featured Multiplayer tire multiplier adjustment” would go a long way to reducing end-users guessing.

Maybe I’m holding this title to too high a standard.