FM Update 9.0 Overview - Sebring, Porsche, and Endurance Month| 10 June 2024

It honestly feels like they don’t give a crap what the players want and everything the player says is a lie

I suppose if you’re used to doing it yourself you end up thinking it’s the norm and everyone else does it.

The lack of transparency from Turn10 is part of why the game is failing and once they start listening it will be too late.

4 Likes

Can someone tell me how many endurance races I need to complete to get that Nissan R88C? All eight or four (one per series) will suffice? :slight_smile:

all of them

1 Like

So perhaps that will be the first reward car I won’t obtain.

45 minutes of racing in one sitting is too much for me, especially if I need to repeat it eight times. It’s really unfortunate that T10 didn’t reintroduce the option to set race length with this update :slight_smile:

Hi @Draugnimir . You’ll have time to complete the tours, even after the release of update 10.0 .

I know, deadline isn’t the issue here :slight_smile:

(except for the FOMO factor…)

2 Likes

You can always put it on “auto play” whilst you make your dinner or watch TV. Not ideal (and really shouldn’t be necessary) but it’s a way to get the car without yourself spending 6 hours driving.

2 Likes

You can always pause it and quick resume it. Tbf though I completed the final stages tonight and the car is pointless. There are far better and far worse cars in its division and at this point there’s almost too many. The Chevron is defo worth having though

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea, I’ll think about it, thanks :smile:

Hi @Draugnimir . I recommend you don’t use “quick resume”. Forza Motorsport is an always online game, so using quick resume might cause disconnection from the servers.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve just forced myself to complete one of those endurance races (with vintage Le Mans sportscars at Nordschleife on difficulty level 5)… and what an awful, terrible experience that was.

Tire wear clearly doesn’t apply to AI. When I was struggling with steering and grip at lap 3, they were just as agile in corners as before, sitting on my tail all the time with only exception being straights. Then we all made a pit stop (it was very funny to watch my pit crew changing wheels in my stock Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '65 in just 2.5 seconds), but with fresh set of tires I wasn’t any faster than AI. Rubberbanding clearly was at play when top 5 cars improved their lap times by 10+ seconds all of a sudden and on the last lap stopped falling behind even on straights.

And I’m supposed to repeat that 45-minute farse seven more times just to get some “exclusive” car? You can keep it, T10, my FOMO isn’t strong enough.

At this point I wish Forza Motorsport stopped pretending it’s a proper sim racing title when it clearly isn’t. How much better this game would be if T10 simply opted for remaking the career mode from FM4, even with fraction of the content at launch and the rest being added with updates…

2 Likes

I usually end up pitting a lap or two before the AI do (so I ended up pitting on lap 2 on that Nordschleife endurance). It appears that they supposed to pit when their tyres reach a certain wear level, but the tyre wear might not affect the AI’s lap times.

I also noticed the AI seeming to improve their lap times after the first pit stop and were much better at keeping up with me compared to the start of the race.

Hi, when update 10.0 is coming?

We were hoping for today but seems unlikely as the class based events in career are still on for 2 days.

So, probably by Wednesday, the 10th.

I want to see the thumbnail of the video.

Download 10th and playing the new FOMO on 11th.

Really?

Yes it always been like that. Except one time when they released a x.2 Hotfix, then they had to delay it a week because of Xbox evaluation process or whatever it’s called.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/sections/21456569521683-Release-Notes-and-Known-Issues

After 7.2 we had to wait even longer for the next update after the release of 7.0, but that was the only time. It was the first time it took 5 weeks.

I am pretty sure there will be 10.0 and immediatly 10.1 after that, LIKE ALWAYS lol.

1 Like

Seems like 10.0 is dropping this week:

3 Likes