Finish current lap in Timed races

I have spotted that Timed Races still end exactly on the clock running to 0.00, regardless of where you are on the Track.
In most, if not all Real World Timed Racing formats such as yunno the LE MANS 24 HOUR, when the clock hits zero, the drivers are supposed to at least finish the lap that they are on.
There have been variations on this, such as Formula E during Gen 2 running races at 45 minutes + 1 lap at the end of the lap completed first AFTER the time elapsed.

I would like to see more realistic race setups including Timed Races running like this.

I had this gripe about Forza Motorsport 7 too. I did initially wonder if this was something difficult to do in a game format, but then I played Assetto Corsa Competizione, and that literally uses this format.

Every game and real life timed event I’ve seen, whether it’s practice, qualifying or the actual race, all cars are able to finish their current lap when the timer expires, not abruptly mid fight. This has got to be changed in FM.

Please change the Ending of Time Based races. We Need to have the Final Lap (Mesured against the Leader) to be completed in Order to End the Race. It does Not make any Sense to habe the Screen gut to Black in the middle of a lap Just because the Timer went to 0.
this is Not How any racing has ever worked and it is absoluty unbelievable that this is how time based races work still.

I’m with this. Always wanted it in FM7 to make time based endurance more senseable and realistic.

1 Like

Please also vote to extend this to apply to flying laps in practice and quali sessions when the timer reaches 0:00!

3 Likes

I fully agree - I want to add that in Timed Race we have no lap counter either (I see that it’s measured by distance)

Also, please could we have more time acceleration so I can have a reasonable length 24 hour race?

1 Like