FH5 physics at its finest

That power pole in the first lap. Holy cow!!!

I had comparable things happen with smaller and lighter cars but the intensity here was something new to me.

Besides that the AI behaviour in this game has to be the worst I ever experienced when it comes to swerving, ramming and outright aggressiveness. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

I fell victim to that on the second off-road race for the Fermentor Series, except it punted me down the hill after the first or second jump as it banks to the right.

I just walked away and grabbed another beer lol

1 Like

If I’d do that everytime something with the physics in this game goes haywire I’d presumably be a heavy alcoholic by now. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

I said in another thread, the AI in this game is more aggressive than the police cars in NFS. And this shows it. People talk about how great the physics is in this game. Gimmeabreakdude! I don’t think you can call the physics good in a game where you have no real differential in traction between snow, grass, gravel, or asphalt. Or driving through guard rails and trees (some, not all, but which ones?). The physics in this game is screwy and unpredictable. And the AI is about as broken as AI can possibly get. The AI in TC2 or GRID is like racing against real people (not the 8 year old real people here). And the sad part is, no matter how loud or how long we cry about the AI in these Forza games, they have no intention or interest in changing the AI.

So in reality, this IS Forza physics at it’s finest. It’s as good as it’s ever gonna get!

1 Like

This example is more about how destroyed objects can become a massive problem when racing. That it shows how unacceptable the AI is once again is just a “byproduct”.

To have objects that aren’t despawning in a timely manner and/or keep their collision is simply a bad decision. It’s outright gamebreaking as the example here shows but it’s presumably a “won’t fix/by design” thing again. That’s why I don’t even bother to post it in the trouble hub. I just put it here to show anybody that hasn’t noticed this crap already or make people that plan to get the game aware of what they’re up to.

It’s all a part of the physics of the game and it is what is. And they designed it that way and they like it that way. And they aren’t going to change it.

I doubt they like it that way themselfs. I rather think they’re simply to incompetent to actually fix it. :wink:

1 Like

There shouldn’t be any breakable street furniture at all. Name one sanctioned race that has loose obstacles on the track? GTA gets heavily criticized for the same issue.

2 Likes

The roads would presumably look a bit empty without. Especially in the towns and to remove them just for the races is maybe possible but needs some extra work. For sure more than to just remove the collision as soon as they get destroyed. This way they’d still retain the effect of something getting smashed but won’t cause any trouble in relation to what you see in the video. Not sure why they didn’t came up with this right at the start already but it’s presumably related to not really play testing their stuff.

/edit: Something I just noticed now. Look how the still standing pole that I’m hitting when I get kicked to the side magically becomes doubled in two!

It’s the same for the one that the AI knocked over and that became an issue here. One keeps laying on the side while the other gets shoved around and becomes the problem.

1 Like

I dont know if it is really that hard to code if they can make your car invisible for crash detection, surely they can apply the same logic or principle to telephone poles and other objects that get in the way or are displaced from their original location.

Have you guys had it where instead of deflecting you into the wall, it manages to come around and smack the back-end and propel you forward like a baseball bat hitting a ball? ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!

Well, that’s why I don’t touch Trials and pretty much stopped doing AI racing on the Playlist (rather because of the AI than the pole) :joy:

I agree with the AI problem. The last update (20 on) I see a marked change in aggressiveness and speed. Been playing with a wheel from FH2 and can usually win “Highly Skilled” by several seconds…NO MORE… gatta bash my way through the crowd…certainly not the fun it was before. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Not disagreeing but I think the point Kruleworld2980 was making was the objects shouldn’t be breakable in the first place. As in no way a collision should have sent the power pole crashing to the street in the first place. No way is that physics at it’s finest. And many other objects, like only some of the trees :roll_eyes: should stay solidly put when you hit them. It’s the car that should be stopped dead like happened to you, yes, even from a power pole lying on the road (especially if it was jammed in end to end to solid walls).

This game has zero realism physics (ok, maybe not zero, after all there are some trees and things you hit that don’t go crashing down in pieces) and that’s just the way it is. It’s cartoon physics. Suitably. It seems.

EDIT : Oh dear… I punned. Totally unintentionally ! Go ahead, I’ll take the punishment…

…and yes, that one was intentional :smiley:

Putting (un)breakable objects and their physics aside, I think that road racing circuits in towns and cities should have power poles and similar objects removed or put behind barriers. For a little more authenticity :smile:

1 Like

Wow
That should not have happened.
Not realistic! Lol

So how often do cars spawn on top of rooftops or is this kind of a rarity?

This is a serious overlanding house mod!

4 Likes

Wow

That driver had some skill to get up there!
Lol

1 Like

That’s exactly where it was lol

Fingers crossed one day a dog spawns in the drivers seat of a tractor!

4 Likes

That would be awesome!
Just only if the tractors could drive…

1 Like

That spot is well known but traffic AI on roof tops is not really what this topic is about.