FH5 DLC: Horizon Racing Car Pack | June 2023

No price but wondering as well.

1 Like

I don’t quite agree with that. One US dollar is much more reasonable per car.

If thats your value, than sure. But I cant think of any other game that does $1 car dlc
Maayyybe old forzas car packs had 10 cars for $10. Cant really reach that far back in my memory though.

It’s $4.99, I checked the website. While it’s not included in any premium version, I don’t think it’s a bad price

5 Likes

Let me put it this way. In the US right now, an actual Hot Wheel is, on average, $1.25. Now that’s for a physical object. $2.50 for a digital car that I can’t touch is pushing it big time. Also, I am pretty positive that car packs in the Motorsport 4 era had ten cars for ten bucks.

1 Like

Just give up. Pay for the car pack or don’t but you got everything as described in the premium edition

9 Likes

Now that’s reasonable.

And sure. Thats your value. But the conversions are never comparable.
If you want to choose a real hotwheels car over a digital one. Than go ahead. But I think its more accurate to assess the value to compare apples to apples. and Compare it against other DLCs

Just went and checked old Motorsport 3 car packs. They were 10 cars and they were $12. So if this is $5 thats roughly the same conversion.
of course not accounting for the fact that inflation is about 2.5x or more from when Motorsport 3 was doing their DLCs.

3 Likes

It’s way too cheap. It should cost $10 per car. The car maniacs will pay for it.

I was expecting it to be $10. Would have been a rough sell as the only car I really want from it is the Emira. $6 is reasonable. If its $5 thats pretty easy for me to bite. Hotwheels and Snowrunner often charge $3-$5 for car DLC.

1 Like

true, I think Assassin’s Creed Valhalla had three complete versions as time went on and more stuff got added; to be fair to Ubisoft the content was worth it - with Donut Media though, at least based on what has appeared in the game, er, well, um, yeah . . .

1 Like

I think 5€ are completely fair for 4 new cars. Since it has the Emira it’s a must-have for me anyways.

6 Likes

All of these sweet summer children don’t remember FH3, where the “ultimate edition” didn’t even come with the expansions. It was just the base game and VIP.

That game cost a lot of money if you wanted the complete version and you bought it all not on sale.

Normally I’d criticise this kind of monetization, but not only does the base game have the best car list of any car game ever even without the expansion content, but adding cars to the game does have a cost that needs covering. I’d much, much, much prefer this to a “premium playlist” solution like other live service games do today.

7 Likes

There sure are a lot of big corporation fans in here apparently. Also, if you think the money charged for the pack is going to the people that did the work, then, Lol.

Yeah, saw that. That’s only $1.25 dollars per car. Not bad at all considering the over pricing of DLC in other gaming genres.

Not a big corporation fan myself but I’m a common sense fan.

No matter how much people complain about it, you aren’t going to get some things for free, no matter how you feel about the situation.

Do the car designers directly get paid for their work? Probably not, however it’s possible playground sub-contracted these DLC cars out to another developer/company. We’ll never know as those same corporations wouldn’t dare show their cards.

Either way, people do 3D design to put food on the table, I’m sure. I’m also pretty sure when profit and sales targets don’t get met, people get laid off. Corporations will do what they do.

I think “games as a service” models can’t be a long term solution anyways, game pass money or not. Just doesn’t seem sustainable over the long term of gaming development. Unless Microsoft pre-pays for development costs and hopes to have a return on investment from game pass. Doesn’t seem a stable enough business plan, IMO.

4 Likes

When will the Racing Car Pack appear in the store and be available for purchase?

1 Like

How about this…they can take back my Hot Wheels and rally expansion licenses and just give me the car pack.

Deal?

3 Likes

I may not have an answer on the timing for the stores until tomorrow, but I believe players will have to update to the new version after 10am PT before they’ll be able to use the Car Pack.

7 Likes