Festival Playlist events and rewards Aug. 11-18 (Spring S10)

Did the weekly lotus, the trial, and the one champ race for the #125 e junker. Done with the chores. Keeping the #125, all the rest are in the auction.

Now back to track building.

That one too. That’s where attempt 1 really started to go bad. For me the worst was the left after the long uphill climb of Dunas Blancas.

1 Like

No the dumbest one was that one in a multi story kart track thing which had a section in which vehicles above a certain height couldn’t pass through. On lap 3 I was somehow able to get through the mass of cars trapped behind the ones that couldn’t fit.

I was rammed in the trial for the first time in forever by someone who refused to slow down for corners. It made the trial challenging and enjoying strangely enough.

2 Likes

Most I’ve been rammed in a trial for awhile. Slowed me down a bit in race 1 then if anything gave me a nice boost in race 2.

3 Likes

Given all the negative EV sentiment of late, decided to complete the weekly challenge in the Evija. It was actually enjoyable, which leads me to ask: why so serious? :smile:https://forums.forza.net/t/bravo-designs/554110/12?u=bravo437

3 Likes

Most of the negative stuff has been for Extreme E cars.
The EV cars are generally OK, though I personally like to choose a gear and hear the engine.

5 Likes

THAT exactly! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Cheers.
We’re all being pushed to electric cars for the future in IRL and whilst it’s good thing for the planet - though I reckon Bio-Fuels would be a better option - I will miss the gear stick, engine noise to decide when to use it, and deciding whether to brake or just downshift for a bend - usually use the gears rather than brakes. My last proper service said I needed to replace all discs and pads in less than 6 months - that was 4 years ago and they’re still OK after the past 4 MOT checks !!!

2 Likes

“There’s no replacement for displacement!”

3 Likes

Might need to think about the replacement option this time though - can’t decide on the brakes or just the whole car whilst the chance is still there though. :smiley:

1 Like

Now who ever said that! Or lives by that! Is a true “Motorhear”, “Gearhead”, “Petrolhead” or whatever moniker fits in your locale.

1 Like

It’s tough for sure, especially in the current situation with availability of new & used cars. I’m going to try to keep mine going as long as possible lol. Good luck with it!

1 Like

All 3 work for me! Lol

1 Like

Yeah but it’s getting up there. kept the previous one for nearly 20 years just because it was a 3L V6 but the new one is way quicker but getting on for 8 now so might need to upgrade while I still can. Options are getting more limited now though with all the electrics flooding the market.

1 Like

For sure

1 Like

I reckon this season has to be the easiest one i have ever completed. Smashed it in no time at all.

Apart from the dailies (which i’ll just smash out the day prior to Series change) i believe that might be me done.

Now to enjoy the weekend of beer, football and of course gardening :+1: :fallen_leaf: :beer: :rugby_football:

1 Like

Bahia can be lovely in open and probably rivals but is actually a pretty poorly designed track for good racing in how it bottlenecks. (Unless you are remaking destruction derby :smile:)

I enjoy racing on most of the other circuits more.

3 Likes

The issue is that 90-degree turn shortly after the start. Just enough distance for the other drivers to get up to speed and then cause chaos because they don’t know how to brake.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s the big one, but there are also those two fast lefts turns that tighten everything up after it twice breifly opens up. Seems to catch so many people out.

1 Like