Crash when exiting races (Update 8 & 9)

BEFORE YOU POST do the following and use this template. This helps the team skip ahead from having to ask the same basic questions.

• Quit your game and restart your device to see if that fixes the issue before posting. This solves many issues!
  • Game crashing or account issues: submit a ticket directly to https://support.forzamotorsport.net/
  • Bug reports only - use Suggestions Hub to request changes or new content.
  • English only. Inglés requerido. Inglês obrigatório. Anglais requis. Требуется английский. 需要英语.英語必須.
  • No duplicate topics - search existing topics and upvote them. Read the Known Issues list.
  • One issue per topic.
  • No vague titles - use a simple, clear description of the issue in your title.
  • Add relevant details to the template fields below, erase this section, post, and VOTE above the topic title.
    • Help close the loop by replying again if you’ve resolved the issue or have found a workaround.

Bug Info: (gameplay mode, full car model or track name, etc. Describe what we should be looking at in any photos you provide)
Platform: (Steam, Series X, Series S, Windows PC, Cloud)
Edition: (Game Pass, Standard, Deluxe, Premium, Add-Ons)
Account: (Family sharing, solo account, different purchase vs playing account, etc)
PC GPU: (model and driver version or date last updated)
Peripheral: (full wheel model name, last update drivers)
Settings: (PC graphics or visual setting, Assisted Difficulty, Accessibility, localization, Xbox region, etc)
Xbox Settings: (any parental controls? Quick Resume?)
Attempted fixes: (Have a Support ticket? rebooted, reinstalled, set settings to default, rolled back drivers, etc)
Content Update: Was this happening prior to the most recent content update or did it start after the update? After

Since the update, the game has crashed twice in 2 days after trying to exit multiplayer.
Very frustrating as it dampens the mood to want to play.

3 Likes

I don’t do multiplayer, but mine has crashed after exiting career mode races and free play practice. I’m also XBX. This was same issue after 7.0 update.

5 Likes

On XBX, the game is CTD everytime exiting or quitting to main menu, exact same behavior when update 7 came out. Had no problems after 7.2, now just played after update 8 and the problem is back.

Do have to say though AI is much better behaved with this update.

4 Likes

Content Update: Was this happening prior to the most recent content update or did it start after the update? Started with update 8. I never has a crash issue before patch 8. PC/ WIn11/RTX3090/Fanatec CSW. After a freeplay race the loading wheel appears and it continues for a few seconds and the game stops responding asking me to close and submit to MS. It has done it on every track/car combo I have tried.

1 Like

Xbox, same here, also when exiting Rivals event.

2 Likes

XSX - also getting a crash to desktop when exiting Free Play and MP events to go back to menu. Not every time, but close to it.

2 Likes

Game also crashes when backing out of multiplayer events.

2 Likes

And the game hangs with the little windows mouse circle until it crashes to a do you want to end process tab
PC
4 times in 3 hours plus the pause menu when racing and selecting setting lags out between tabs

1 Like

Crash when exiting online multiplayer race (pc), screen lock then message “the application Forza Motorsport is not responding what would you like to do” with options to wait for program to respond or close the application.

BEFORE YOU POST do the following and use this template. This helps the team skip ahead from having to ask the same basic questions.

• Quit your game and restart your device to see if that fixes the issue before posting. This solves many issues!
  • Game crashing or account issues: submit a ticket directly to https://support.forzamotorsport.net/
  • Bug reports only - use Suggestions Hub to request changes or new content.
  • English only. Inglés requerido. Inglês obrigatório. Anglais requis. Требуется английский. 需要英语.英語必須.
  • No duplicate topics - search existing topics and upvote them. Read the Known Issues list.
  • One issue per topic.
  • No vague titles - use a simple, clear description of the issue in your title.
  • Add relevant details to the template fields below, erase this section, post, and VOTE above the topic title.
    • Help close the loop by replying again if you’ve resolved the issue or have found a workaround.

Bug Info: (gameplay mode, full car model or track name, etc. Describe what we should be looking at in any photos you provide)
Platform: (Steam, Series X, Series S, Windows PC, Cloud)
Edition: (Game Pass, Standard, Deluxe, Premium, Add-Ons)
Account: (Family sharing, solo account, different purchase vs playing account, etc)
PC GPU: (model and driver version or date last updated)
Peripheral: (full wheel model name, last update drivers)
Settings: (PC graphics or visual setting, Assisted Difficulty, Accessibility, localization, Xbox region, etc)
Xbox Settings: (any parental controls? Quick Resume?)
Attempted fixes: (Have a Support ticket? rebooted, reinstalled, set settings to default, rolled back drivers, etc)
Content Update: Was this happening prior to the most recent content update or did it start after the update?

1 Like

Yep same issue here, trying to complete the featured races and after I finish the series. It crashes :frowning:

3 Likes

Same on my part since Update 8, but it crashes on every event I quit no matter if it’s featured multiplayer or career mode

2 Likes

Oddly enough it has stopped doing it for me. I done 10 races at least and not one freeze/crash.

Maybe it was a comms issue that was server side causing it to ctd as every move in the game it has to go off and ask is this alright :expressionless:

I made a post and it had many more replies than this one, where did it go? At any rate my game crashes randomly on PC after ending a career race. Spinning loading logo then stops responding and have to close and report to MS. Any fix incoming t10 ???

1 Like

Same.

Every time I try to exit back to menu after any race, whether rivals or multiplayer, crash to dash.

XSX

4 Likes

Pretty much 80% chance to crash after exiting to the main menu from a multiplayer match.

Oh boy I can’t wait to deal with this issue for an entire month…

2 Likes

Really weird. This never happens on me. Just like all other many reported bugs. Looks like game is really nit stable.

Hope the hotfix for this annoying bug that appeared in update 8 or 8.1 is fixed soon, waiting a month is not at all acceptable as Chris said this game is designed to be able to be updated very easily or words to that affect

I have two profiles I use, My main one that is at the save limit and 400 or so cars in the garage. I get this same CTD issue every other race.

The other, a fresh profile that I started a few days ago as a workaround for the save limit issue. Has yet to crash. It runs perfect.