Crash when exiting races (Update 8 & 9)

A mí me sucede desde la actualización 8.0, en la 8.1 sigue sucediendo, y sucede cada vez que intento salir de una partida multijugador, ya sea al salir durante una carrera, antes de empezar la carrera y después de empezar la carrera, siempre sucede

Tried playing offline, and it didn’t crash. Was able to go to back main menu repeatedly. Can only play free play and no access to my cars, so that doesn’t really solve anything though.

English:
It happens to me since update 8.0, in 8.1 it still happens, and it happens every time I try to exit a multiplayer game, either when exiting during a race, before starting the race and after starting the race, it always happens

Update: The game has crashed 5 times in 2 days. 4 times while in career mode and once now (the only time i tried multiplayer). :angry: :rage: :angry: :rage:

Another time now again :angry:

3 Likes

Also on PC, this is not acceptable !

2 Likes

Yep more crashes than a race full of A.I

No rollback of 8.1 yet?
No information from Turn10
No acknowledgement from any Moderators

Just Crash crash crashes

Now when I think of updates I start to think… what’s going to go wrong this time :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The game crashes after every race or rivals when exiting back to the main menu, not sure about MP as I don’t play that.

It happens on that loading screen with the pinwheel loading screen on the way back to the main screen and you have to press the windows key to make it come up with the end process tab otherwise it will just sit there frozen with the Windows working symbol.

Once in a while you might get two races but it’s guaranteed to crash after the second.

This issue was not present before Update 8 or after Update 8, It was the Hotfix 8.1 that is causing the issue. Luckily the game saves before the crash and you don’t lose any progress, it’s more annoying than anything else. There are also around 4 other issues that are happening since the hotfix and have created one of them here:
https://forums.forza.net/t/players-engine-sound-in-the-interior-view-is-almost-non-existant-since-update-8/710772

Windows 10 (upto date)
Forza Motorsport Stranded Ed Windows Store version

Vote up the top if you have this issue

Still doing it for me so started this https://forums.forza.net/t/game-crashes-after-every-race-rivals-since-update-8-1/711049

I notice it in Multiplayer too, only been the since the latest major update. It freezes the PC either and event viewer shows that it’s running out of memory and virtual memory causing the whole system to crash. I have tried with 16GB and 32GB of RAM, as well as increasing pagefile size, with no improvements. Happens every couple of races at a minimum, sometimes I can string 3 or 4 races together before it happens, but rarely have a session that doesn’t crash after exiting to menu from the post-race screen.

1 Like

It’s the 8.1 Hotfix, worked fine with the update 8

Hello @Lens007888

Can you open a support ticket so we can further investigate your issue?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us

Thank you,

Hi @W0LFayame

Years ago when I opened tickets for issues with FH5 I was kept being told they cannot find my username or tag in the system and kept closing the tickets so would rather post here, plus I’ve posted what the issues are and they will probably be resolved when the next update happens.

At least I can launch, do 5 laps of the Nord finish the race, collect credits and then after the screen looking at you car where you say exit, after that it goes to that screen with the lines and the pin wheel, pin wheel moves a few times and then freeze. Windows key wait, end process, back to doing some work.

There’s nothing I have changed so Support won’t help, just have to wait till update 9

Also the tabbing when in pause, settings has a stutter to it and lands you on Graphics everytime and you have to keep saving new changes to scroll across which is super annoying as no new changes have been made

Found something interesting in the event viewer that might have something to do with it but the only issue is it’s about 30min before the Crash and there’s nothing in the event viewer for the exact time the game crashes

Faulting application name: TCUI-App.exe, version: 16.83.2311.11001, time stamp: 0x654f9b19
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.4355, time stamp: 0xd7762934
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000012d332
Faulting process id: 0x7dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01daacc07303b4f5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_16.83.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\TCUI-App.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f92164b7-cc7c-4bc9-83d8-56c65faf994d
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.GamingServices_16.83.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.GamingServices

Ever since update 8, I’ve been crashing almost every time I backed out to the main menu. You really want me to wait a month for this to be fixed?

Yesterday morning I wanted to hop on for a few hours to finish off P class, 1 second before the race said “GO” it crashed.

I have to keep backing out of empty lobbies because YOU can’t just merge them. Stop worrying about skill ratings, it doesn’t even matter at this point, every single lobby has at least half of the players behind a 30 second gap regardless.

It’s like the game is actively trying to stop me from playing it. Which is terrible for “live service.”

Oh and while you’re at it, fix the “Optimizing Shaders” every time I start the game, the game don’t even look that good.

Also still crashes if I click on it while the game is starting lol.

@SuperHornetA51

Could you check the troubleshooting from this article and see if any of the steps help your issue.

Please also submit a ticket using the link at the bottom of that page.

@Lens007888

Thank you for that information, we do have some tools that can help us better investigate your crash if you would like us to look into this issue more by filling out a ticket,

Thank you,

1 Like

Ok I’ll open one but pretty sure they will say they cannot find me in the system, for some reason support thinks my username is Lens00788, missing an 8

Edit: whaddya know it actually had my correct username so shot off a ticket, Thanks @W0LFayame :+1:

Same thing and you should see what support has asked me to do!

It’s the 8.1 hotfix NOT ME

This is what support has asked me to do :crazy_face:

May 24, 2024, 2:40 PM PDT

Hello,

We’re looking into this issue for you and we have some troubleshooting and questions.

• Does this crash occur every time in the same way?
  • Would it be possible to provide a video of the crash in action so we can have more details about where and what you are doing in game before the crash.

Please follow all the steps in this guide before continuing, to ensure that you have tried all of our troubleshooting steps prior My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC

Check “Region” selected

• Please note that your game may crash if the region you have selected does not match the region you are playing from
  • Sign in to your Microsoft account and review your info.
  • Select Edit profile info.
  • Update the info under Country/region, State, Postal code, and/or Time zone, as applicable.
  • Select Save.

Check 3rd party programs

• Please note that there are several program conflicts and issues with 3rd party applications we’re currently investigating that can affect performance, general game stability, and being able to launch Forza. This includes any 3rd party programs, overlays or monitoring tools running in sync with the game. If you are using any non-Microsoft programs that are running in the background like overlays or input monitoring we recommend disabling or uninstalling them to see if that resolves your issue. Please note that even if you are not using these tools for Forza they can still run in the background and affect game performance that may cause conflicts or crashes

Update Direct X

• Please also attempt to update your Direct X version using Microsoft’s web installer at the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Attach Event View Logs

• If your game is still crashing, can you please go through the following steps the next time the game crashes?
    • Open Event Viewer by pressing the Windows key and type “Event Viewer”
    • Click on the “Windows Logs” folder
    • Click on “Application”
    • Click on the “Date and Time” column to sort and look for “Application Error” around the date/time your crash happened.
    • After you find the Application Error for the game, you will notice "Information "on the right.
    • In this tab there will be a ton of information listed. Please find the “save selected events” and send that to us.

Attach Dxdiag

• Can you please attach your DxDiag file so I can review it?
    • Press Windows + R
    • Type in dxdiag and press Enter
    • Press Save All Information… save the .txt file and attach it.

Attach Get-Process output from powershell

• Press Windows key
  • Type “powershell”
  • Open Windows Powershell
  • Paste in this command and hit enter
    • Get-Process Out-File -filepath “$Env:userprofile\Desktop\GetProcess.txt”
  • Close powershell
  • Attach the output file “GetProcess.txt” to this ticket

Create and attach a WER file

1. Turn on optional diagnostic data
  2. Search for “Diagnostics & feedback settings” in the Start menu
  3. Enable Optional diagnostic data. The UI for this screen has changed, it might look like either of these.
  4. Run Forza and crash
  5. Collect the WER file
  6. Verify Show Hidden files is active
    1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
    2. Select View > Show > Hidden items.
  7. Navigate to the WER folders
    1. There are two folders where WER Reports get stored:
    1. A queue folder, where in-progress reports are stored: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
    2. An archive folder, where finished reports are stored: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
2. Wait for the queue folder to be empty, then look in the archive folder. Open the folder corresponding to your recent crash and get the Report.wer file.
  1. Attach the WER files to this ticket or provide a screenshot showing no reports were made

Attach files from ForzaCrashLogger

1. Download the ForzaCrashLogger.zip attached to this ticket
  2. Unzip the zip file anywhere on your PC (downloads and desktop work fine)
  3. Open the unzipped folder
  4. Run the ForzaCrashLogger.exe
  5. You may need to run as administrator or select run anyway from a security prompt depending on your Windows settings.
  6. You will be prompted to point it towards an executable, it should look like file explorer.
  7. Navigate to where Forza is installed. It may be this path
    1. Steam
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaMotorsport
2. Windows Store
  1. C:\Xbox Game\ForzaMotorsport\Content
  1. Select the Forza Motorsport executable/application
  2. Select open
  3. If logs can be generated, it will create them on the desktop. They may be called something similar to “Crash_Info”
  4. If no logs can be created it will say a message “no log info found”
  5. Attach these log files or a screenshot of the no log message to your ticket back to us please.
  6. You can delete ForzaCrashLogger after you’re done if wanted.

Seriously I like the game but not that much!
This is caused by the 8.1 Hotfix and I’m not wasting my time to jump through pointless hoops

Maybe it will be fixed in Update 9, maybe Update 9 will have a 9.1 Hotfix that stuffs something else up.

Got Better things to do than be a bug tester.

2 Likes

Ever since update 8.1 1.592.0459.0 no matter what series, free play, rivals ect. Upon exiting the game and during the spinning save icon it stutters twice and on the second stutter I’m either booted to dash board or the game hangs completely. Now I’ve noticed it also just crashes to dashboard after a short period of time when I’m not doing anything.

This is making the game extremely tedious, I have cleared the cache, cleared game saves, uninstalled, reinstalled, sent it to separate hard drive with no effect on solving this issue. Coupled with the logo issue where it’s virtually impossible to paint a car using logos, livery packs, due to the horrendous issues when you ungroup.
I am losing any faith I had in the ability of T10 to actually make a playable game.
And before anyone asks I have submitted tickets with little effect (logo one marked as “solved” with no explanation of why, just a generic bog standard reply)
T10, do you actually stress test updates and hot fixes, because from where I’m standing and looking and from the amount of other topics here, I just don’t think so.
I regret spending my hard earned money on the full ultimate edition of this game when I was released and that is why I am so angry as I feel cheated, I so wanted this to be the game you promised at launch as I imagine so many other players do too.

Please, just sort your house out, and give a game we can actually enjoy playing.