Community Survey | Nov 2022

The Forza Community Team would love for you to participate in a quick survey about the Forza community!

Click here to participate: Forza Community Survey Fall 2022

3 Likes

I’ll give you a freebie. The issue is not communication. The issues are being blind to the needs of a racing game and a severe lack of QA.

I’d be happy to expand on what I mean by “the needs of a racing game” including clear examples, if you so desire.

16 Likes

No, I’m not happy with this game. And I don’t think the devs listen to player feedback. Like, at all. This game is a broken mess and I’m tired of the BS.

14 Likes

You can’t be serious…

13 Likes

Well, they DO have “none of the above”. Of course they don’t want to hear how crappy you think it is.

@Clutch63 Yes, totally “fine”, no problems whatsoever, no bugs, nothing bad at all. Suuure.
Let me start with the little things: You can’t look at the whole map at once, the pink circles for Horizon Arcade randomly disappear, sometimes map filters can not be applied.

3 Likes

@Laberbacke Don’t engage him, it’s what he wants.

@Anthrax_Cat2628 Yep, nothing but sunshine and rainbows, unicorns farting glitter. But never a negative thing in their survey.

5 Likes

Why would they ask us what we think of the game if they won’t allow us to actually put what we think?

7 Likes

I mean the survey was clearly trying to skew results to show that communication and social media engagement would solve all of the game’s issues.

Where is the “whoever constructed this survey cannot be trusted to make any competent decisions with the game and needs to be removed from a decision making position” option?

Edit: Maybe the person who constructed the survey isn’t the issue, as I could easily see “I need you to make a survey about the Forza franchise and social engagement” being an order issued from higher up. However, whoever was responsible for the impetus that created this survey does very much need to stop making decisions surrounding this game. I could see that being as high up as the Microsoft level, heck even Phil Spencer himself.

9 Likes

@TheWarmWind76 and @KnightOfRen8514 both echo my thoughts exactly in the first two posts. As for me personally, I don’t consider myself or the others listing the problems of the game whinny babies. Just avid gamers who would really like to help T10 and PGG put out a better game. So those who are happy happy happy with the game should play the game more just ignore these conversations since they seem to upset you all so much.

8 Likes

“Why would they ask us what we think of the game if they won’t allow us to actually put what we think?”

They already know what people think of the game, so they stop us from writing it on the questionair. The survey is pointless because all the data that they say that they need, is here and on youtube etc.There is a massive thread about the crapppy ai here, the only thing missing from it is an official response, an apology, and an estimated date for a fix.

3 Likes

Welcome to the reason I never do these surveys. Of course, they demand you fork over all your personal info before filling it out. No thanks.

4 Likes

To be honest, I doubt anyone in Microsoft cares much beyond Forza being a perpetual draw to the XBox brand. If PGG cared enough, they could make a compelling enough case to Microsoft and get whatever they need to make Horizon pop.

But that’s not the vibe I get from them lately. Whether it’s due to Fable or lack of interest, I feel like there’s a story hidden under the surface that’s going to paint a similar picture to EA and BioWare/DICE, where EA ended up technically in the right because of the fiascos that the latter two studios with Anthem and Battlefield 2042, respectively.

4 Likes

When some people like something they just have to belittle anyone who finds any faults though Ron, it massages their ego and makes them think they’re better than everyone.

Funny how arguments on here become few and far between whenever those sort of people aren’t around.

2 Likes

I kind of get it. I mean if you want the industry to trend in a certain direction, the last thing you want is for the devs of the game which best exemplifies that direction to think that they’re doing something wrong.

And FH does a lot right, it’s just mostly based on a foundation that was established in past iterations and is being slowly eroded away over time.

Still if you were to ask me what game best exemplifies what I want out of a racing game, I’d be forced to say FH5, though at this point that’s more due to a lack of competition than anything else.

I think people need to accept that it’s ok to love something that is flawed. Personally, I loved Mass Effect Andromeda. I think it had a lot of great ideas that deserved to be fleshed out or iterated upon, and I’m disappointed there won’t be a sequel. But oh boy did it undeniably have flaws.

I can’t be mad at people for pointing out or getting upset about those flaws.

6 Likes

@TheWarmWind76 , well said. I like this game. I don’t love it. With some tweaks and changes and fixes it could be a game far beyond what it is today.

4 Likes

You should be happy. I do like the game and I agree the game has its own set of problems but regarding player feedback… what is that good for? Almost every developer listens to player feedback closely (unless if the developer in question is under the arms of EA or TakeTwo who are 5000% worse than MS).

Why do you think these articles mention this every month or two?

Because that would not fit into the pre-intended results which will continue to mask the underlying issues in favor of perpetuating player data based on forced engagement & biased polls (which in this case, I didn’t even complete, as I’m not accepting a disclaimer for the use of my personal data to do so.)

10 Likes

What I want to see is to be able to change the Difficulty on Festival Playlist races! I am an okay driver and love playing the game, but it stops being fun when most all of the Drivatar run off and there is no hope of catching them.
Also, does anyone else have issues with drifting? Or is it just me? Maybe add lessons on certain things like drifting in the game. How about a “Ken Block Drifting School”!?!

4 Likes

Read How to get 1 million drift points when track is too short. It may be useful to you.