What are your top 20 things want in Forza(?)?

From tracks, cars, features and whatever.

A stable version upon release where the majority of game breaking issues have already been identified and resolved.

4 Likes

This topic is fine for Discussion as a summary but please remember that we are not tracking requests here - the Suggestions Hub was set up for that purpose, and users who post here but not in the Car Voting and Motorsport Features topics will be providing counterproductive feedback.

Tracks: Istanbul Park, Sepang, Donington Park and Interlagos.
Cars: Ferrari 296 GT3, LMH/lMDH, Stadium Super Trucks, Mazda Furai and Lamborghini Essenza SCV12

I just want this game to make me feel something unlike fm5-fm7, and at the very least I want it to be a great game to rival fm4 finally. Is that too much to ask?

4 Likes

Apart from the product actually working as intended on realease, there is a few things I’m expecting, and I will be e x t r e m e l y disappointed if they’re not in;

The ability to place stickers / vinyls on the windows of vehicles - NFS has had this is 2015 - GT allows you to do this also, it’s pretty weak that it hasn’t been an option in any Forza title yet.

Open track-day lobbies at launch.

A somewhat semi-competent penalty system in place for abusing track limits and driving like an idiot.

No, seemingly pointless content omissions, especially content that was present within the previous title.

No time-gated restrictions placed on new content - Mass burnout is starting to plague ‘live-service’ games and rightfully so. We don’t need yet Another game that wants us to dedicate all our time to playing it, whilst trying to our lives as well.

A nice looking UI and menus. Forza menus have been a void for all creativity and appearance since FM5. The same 5 squares along 10 tabs. This is getting so old now.

FOV sliders for all camera angles.

AI drivers to not break the laws or physics or apply jet engines to their car when they so desire.

Dare I ask for public custom lobbies for online also? Let us do some of the work and regulate our own lobbies for our own events.

4 Likes

Just one thing: A well-stocked microcars category.

The IMSA 2023-2024 cars

And more concept cars

1 Like
  1. Pretty much everything Forza Motorsport 4 had. That game was so well made that it’s not even funny.
  2. A realistic simulation.
  3. Increased wheel rotation animation.
  4. VR
  5. A great soundtrack
  6. A 120 FPS mode for consoles.

A few more tracks would be nice too, but there are enough cars and tracks at this point that they won’t be the biggest gripes with the game when it finally arrives.

2 Likes

I join to enjoy the 120FPS.

That in free play we have all the content unlocked as is the tradition in Forza motorsport.

Tracks like Jarama or Hungaroring. The original alps too. Up and dawn, thats funny.

Open roads for point to point races like we see in fujimi kaido.

2 Likes

I’d like the paint shop to work correctly. By this I mean the centre of each section needs to be in the middle of the car. I’d like windows and wings to be their own section rather than being in top view. The reason for this is that especially for open wheelers have issues with stickers on the nose and front wing endplates showing up on the wrong part. Flourescent colours would also be nice, like the car Simon Pagenaud had.

I would like to have different liveries on the same car to all count as 1 car, not 6 or 7. Prime examples would be V8 Supercars or NASCAR.

We need livery uploads to not be default as most seem to be solid paints with no additional work. This would also save T10 on server space.

I’d like to see a return of being able to gift card or money for private leagues. On a similar topic I’d like to see private leagues to be better implemented in the game itself. There was some work towards this in FM7 with being able to save lobby settings.

TCR cars would be a great addition to the game. Way more so than SUVs and 4*4 trucks. Junior open wheel categories between Formula Ford and F1 or Indy would be great. Perhaps a Indy Light and a F3 car ,similar to how the F1 Renault has been in the past.

Lastly, I’d like to see more engagement from T10. ManteoMax does a great job here, but I think most of us would like someone on the Dev team to come here and explain decisions that are made in regards to the game. Forza monthly does not really cut it as many of us don’t have time to watch the show and it doesn’t allow us to get answers to questions we may have.

3 Likes
  1. Motorcycles 2. Some long non-race road loops with scenic, city, highway, tight and wide with good elevation. 3. Ten tracks with oval variations 4. 1990-2000’s F1 , F2 and F3 cars 5. Hard-core realistic physics options 6. More manufacturers cars options(rims,decals) 7. Ability to jump the start of a race and get penalized. 8. VR 9. More standard trim sport cars with different engine options(MustangGT and Turbo 4cylinder Mustang) 10. Elevation rendered like in Pcars. 11. More AI difficulty levels

Better wheel support. That is about it.

I am pretty sure that I will love whatever T10 puts out there as I have loved the rest.

My biggest concern right now is the reduced amount of circuit locations compared to FM7. So I hope new circuits will be added over time like in Gran Turismo.

2 Likes

Drag racing. In depth customization, tuning, and large part variety, with a simplistic, easy-flowing GUI method. Let us line up, let us warm up the tires, let us stage, let us launch, keep it as sandbox/freeroam as possible, no loading screens or menus to jump through. Must be able to change cars and enter/exit track as we please. Players already do this casually on GT lobbies, just add a tree and timer OSD, how difficult can it be?

More in-depth parts customization than part A/B/C. Branded parts would be awesome.

More variety of parts that actually change the power curve. Like turbos and cams. And less restrictions on supercharger/turbo compatibility.

Real dyno graphs. And a dyno. With part swapping/tuning without jumping through menus.

More variety for engine swaps. We should have the ability to put almost any engine in any car. Sure some are harder to accomplish, whatever, just make them cost more.

CAR SHOWS. Yes it’s insanely fun to make or download liveries and show them off with a judge to pick the top 3 winners of the given category. Why this can’t be a game mode is crazy. It’s simple and even rewards/ribbons etc. could be integrated for the livery creators. It’s a fun way to pass time and foster an active community.

1 Like

Cars

• Returning motorsports such as SuperGT/JGTC, FIA GT1, LMP900 and DTM, with both old and “new-to-Forza” cars.
  • Le Mans Hypercars and LMDh cars.
  • Realistic portrayal and behaviors of hybrid systems.
  • Simulation of overtaking systems such as manual DRS, KERS/ERS, nitrous and push-to-pass.
  • If ever, as DLC, rally cars and off-road race cars such as buggies, rally raid cars and trophy trucks.

Tracks

• As for real world tracks, I seriously hope Nurburgring (especially the Nordschleife) and Le Mans aren’t cut from FM8.
  • Would love some more city tracks such as New York and Tokyo (it would make sense since they were in the first Motorsport. It is also because Microsoft has an experience center in Fifth Avenue, and that in recent times, Japan has been the biggest market for the Xbox brand).
  • If ever, as DLC, rallycross tracks and fictional rally tracks/stages.

Free Play

• As with every Forza title, every car should be available as a rental car in the Free Play mode.
  • Back in FM4, you can choose any from the car’s default, manufacturer-specific colors and do basic tuning based on the default set-up. I hope that these features return in FM8, because it was a bad shame they weren’t in FM5, FM6 and FM7. It’s not like rental cars can be painted with the livery editor or customized in any way.
  • Ability to hand-pick your opponents’ cars and rename your opponents like in System Link multiplayer in FM2, as well as recent games such as Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo 7.
  • Ability to create custom championships similar to Assetto Corsa.
  • Practice and qualifying available as options when setting up a custom race.

Career Mode

• Make it similar to FM4 where you have tons of championships to race with and that these championships can reflect almost every car featured in the game. As usual, with every game update and DLC released, more should be added to reflect on every new cars and/or tracks released.
  • Practice and qualifying should be available as options in every race, with bonus rewards for scoring the fastest in every practice session, as well as pole position, then with a huge bonus for performing well on practice, qualifying and the actual race itself.
  • Motorsport Blueprint (the Motorsport equivalent of Horizon Blueprint), where you can create and customize your own career mode events, as well as share them online. That way, the possibilities are endless.
  • Bring back the “manufacturer affinity” mechanic from FM4. When you level up your brand loyalty, performance parts can become virtually free, and one addition should be discounts on that particular manufacturer’s cars.

Others

• Actual pit crew animations, especially that with a pit crew that is as fast and efficient like in Gran Turismo 7. Even there, every time you pit in, they always put on a show. Previous Forza titles just had the car either stationary or floating on the air while it is being refueled, undergoing tire changes or even going through last-minute repairs.
1 Like

Overall and breakdown of total class hot lap leaderboards with a total time for all tracks combined.

2 Likes

I’d like to see more street tracks like Long Beach. Monaco would be good or Circuito Internacional de Vila Real, Portugal.

1 Like

I’d like to see all new and old Wec Imsa cars (Gte, Lmdh Lmp Tcr). Long sprint race location from Switzerland (grindelwald maybe) More dlc and fair multiplayer system (ghosting car while overtaking or cornering)

3 Likes