Less Cars, more Features and Tracks

I see a gazillion cars in wishlist section. I hope the dev ignore it completely. For next FM I hope they give us just a handful of race cars and not all those family cars and cars that never made it to any podium. Instead give features that are expected of a modern racing game. FM7 was miles behind in that. And provides high quality tracks. 500 cars with only 10 cars that are meta will be just waste anyway. They better have less cars to do the BOP updates regularly, else we will be just driving the 10 cars that are meta.

2 Likes

I dont know for rivals time, but coming from a lot of drift open and tuning for me and a lot pf clubs, and wr are tired to see meta cars all the time I just dont get it after a certain time, boycotting some class even, was waiting to hey some new rival tbh but I always manage decent but I love different car and changing as well and sometimes I’ll sure try to do better and better . Got the big part done, will go from here and Jm glad I found your forum and you guys its will just be better and good hard competition and good advices. Cant wait, youe challenge are interesting a lot as well btw

2 Likes

The studio will have already mapped out their car list for the most part, the forum would have very little (if any) influence on this. The fact that they’ve confirmed a list of 500 cars shows that they’ve already committed to their plan regardless of what’s said on the forum.

Agreed. To be blunt, I hope Turn 10 have taken heavy inspiration from GT Sport and iRacing.

I hope they’ve scrapped the PI system and will do regular balance updates similar to a fighting game, but the car count makes me think PI will still be a thing, and thus us players will find ways to optimise it.

2 Likes

I want a lot of cars not just a little
Of course we want more race tracks

2 Likes

Less cars is confirmed. Same case for tracks: Less tracks. Turn 10 are serious about Less cars and less tracks.

1 Like

Less is more

Less content, more price
Less effort, more buzzwords
Less cars already revealed in the trailers, more garbage to be added later as overprice paid content

I remember in the good ol’ days, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and asteroids fell from the sky, if you bought a game you paid one price and received an entire game in which everything just works. (Hush todd howard, it doesnt just work, be quiet)

In Forza Motorsport 2023, yes it is.

I absolutely disagree with less cars, but with the latter being more features and tracks, I agree with that.

Either way, over 500 cars is still huge, despite some being held back. Over time, FM8 has the potential to have the largest car list in the entire series with DLC and updates.

2 Likes

THe cars will probably flow in consistently if FH is any indication. I’m still worried about the rate at which we get tracks. 20 tracks is not great, especially when FM7, PC2 and GT7 all have over 30 (60 in the case of Project cars).

1 Like

Forza motorsport (2005) had 16 environments… I dont understand how theyve manage to backtrack nearly as far as the original title in number of environments. That’s kind of impressive, when other games are focused on more and more t10 is willing to go against the grain and give us less and less. A real ‘game changer’ in thr market, as in ‘if they dont get it together we will be changing games’

3 Likes

I believe a number of cars in the wishlist section are, in fact, race cars.

2 Likes