VR support?

As the title states will there be any VR support for the Win10 version?

Will there be custom single races like in Forza 4? I.E. being able to pick which cars to race against. This was asked for 5&6, please bring it back.

VR is neither confirmed or denied.

Only solid info about VR thus far is that it will not be appearing on Xbox One X

https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsofts-xbox-one-x-console-wont-support-virtual-reality-1497304121

As an update to this Msoft recently said they “might” be doing VR on the X. Basically, it seems they keep changing their story so who knows if it will appear or not. I plan to move to PC sometime next year if no VR but still bought the X as at $500 it was a no-brainer given it’s power and my use of it for more than just racing titles.

Is there any news about Xbox and/or forza 7 having VR compatibility?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

don’t think so. MS hasn’t said much if anything about VR and the Xbox One X.

Dang that’s too bad. I was hoping that with the reveal of the 1X came the reveal of VR finally coming to Xbox. I just watched Gran Turismo’s little VR teaser video and it looks awesome. In my opinion, racing games have the most to gain from VR and Forza 7 would be infinitely better with it. It’s making me wonder if I’ll need to build a gaming PC in order to experience it :thinking:

you do, I did it just a month ago. totally worth it

2 Likes

Anyone have any info on VR Support for Forza on PC? I know they said no support at the time of launch but are they working on it? It looks like its going to be an amazing game but without VR it might be a deal breaker for me.
This is straight from they’re website… “we’ve built Forza Motorsport 7 from the ground up to be the ultimate PC racing game” - Turn 10 studios

Only T10 and Microsoft have that information right now. All we know is that Microsoft has partnered with other hardware developers to make budget VR headsets for W10, they kept mentioning the Xbox One X’s VR capabilities without actually announcing any kind of VR Headset for the XBox, and there are reports of First Party Microsoft studios developing for VR. With what information we have it is likely safe to assume Microsoft is working on some sort of VR support for their games, but no official announcement has been made.

1 Like

The main issue about VR is that it is hunger for all available resources. For example, a competitive to FM7 game require a GTX1080Ti for a High/Ultra settings in Oculus. The VRs from MS partners has even higher tech specs than Oculus. Pixels count are about twice higher and refresh rate is at the same level of 90 Hz or +30 frames. Every current (2017) AAA game didn’t run smoothly on current Graphic cards at that framerate that didn’t make you dizzy. MS understands it and delayed or cancelled VR for One X. So great support for AAA games on consoles will be available only on next Xbox hardware iteration. Or when power of current GTX1080Ti will be available to an average PC user for about $250 (current price level of GTX1050Ti or 1060)

As for FM7, with launch on PC it should be compatible with VR. May be somewhere in 2018, but it should! Currently racing games are almost the only applicable long-playing games. And all direct competitors already support it.

It’s ridiculously hard to go back to a monitor after racing in VR for years now. It’s a shame that forza doesn’t have VR in almost 2018… I guess because the xbox can’t do it so they don’t give it to pc for Forza.

It’s a real shame when competition is doing VR…I have always loved every Forza game even knowing I am a sim racer and Forza being on the simcade/arcade side because it’s still FUN…but without VR, it’s hard to justify it when the your competition that just came out a week ago (PCARS2) does VR…and does it very very well…not to mention iRacing and AC… it’s just extremely tough not racing in VR and going back to even an ultrawide monitor or a tv.

I enjoy all racing games and sims but not having VR for racing…just blows.

It’s ridiculously hard to go back to a monitor after racing in VR for years now. It’s a shame that forza doesn’t have VR in almost 2018… I guess because the xbox can’t do it so they don’t give it to pc for Forza.

It’s a real shame when competition is doing VR…I have always loved every Forza game even knowing I am a sim racer and Forza being on the simcade/arcade side because it’s still FUN…but without VR, it’s hard to justify it when the your competition that just came out a week ago (PCARS2) does VR…and does it very very well…not to mention iRacing and AC… it’s just extremely tough not racing in VR and going back to even an ultrawide monitor or a tv.

I enjoy all racing games and sims but not having VR for racing…just blows.

1 Like

Maybe it is a 1st world problem, but I agree! If you haven’t immersed yourselves into VR racing (for me it’s Rift CV1), you are missing out. Since I paid a healthy sum for Forza7, I’ll just have to suffer under the immense cyrstal-clear graphics of my 55" 4K Sony.

1 Like

^Correct. Their current focus is on win10 PCs and the mixed reality ecosystem they have just launched. It may still come to the one X, but it is not confirmed at this time.

1 Like

I love your post. I just bought Forza 7 because I assumed that my Mixed Reality Headset would be compatible with a windows game. Sadly, I have just learned this is not the case. I don’t feel very “One Microsoft” right now. I guess I will have to buy a non-Microsoft game to use my headset. Hopefully in the future they will add VR support. Ever since I bought this VR headset I can’t seem to get enough of VR. I love it.

At this point, the only serious contenders are Oculus and Vive - all others are tiny niche contenders in what is already a tiny niche market. I’ve had some experience with both (have owned an Oculus for about a year, and have toyed around with Vive at friends’s places), and I think it doesn’t really matter which system you choose. Picture quality is similar in both systems (be prepared for a graphics downgrade - things will invariably look pixelated and have low draw distance in any VR headset). There are lots of fanboys on the internet telling you that one is absolutely superior to the other, but objectively there is very little difference.

The biggest problem for racing games is the very narrow field of view - it’s not a problem for the racing part itself as the track in front of you will always be sharp and in focus (if a little less pretty than on a standard screen), but it’s a bit annoying for the UI. The UI overlay showing the map of the track, the current roster, etc will be there, floating about a meter before you in space, but you won’t be able to just flick your eyes to the lower left of the screen to see the map like you can do on a monitor - you’ll have to consciously turn your head and get the map into focus, by which time you’ll probably already have botched that hairpin curve you wanted to check on the map…this takes a bit of time getting used to.

Outside of racing games, there are a couple differences between Oculus and Vive, but I think they are rather minimal:

• Initially, Vive had much better room scale VR support, but this has levelled out quite a bit
  • The controllers feel very different - I prefer the Oculus Touch controllers, but some people swear by the Vive magic wand-style controllers. If possible, try to test both to see what feels more natural.
  • Both systems have a very limited selection of games available, and both have lots of exclusives - at the beginning, Oculus was the bad guy with a closed platform, and Steam was supposed to provide an open platform with SteamVR that was supposed to support both headsets. These days, there are lots of games on Steam that only support Vive, and even Steam games that are advertised as cross-platform may have lots of issues on the Oculus (looking at you, LA Noire VR).
  • One of the biggest problems is that outside of racing/flight sims, most games will either have very poor VR support or feel more like mini games/tech demos - there are limitations to what you can do and how fast you can move in VR without getting motion sickness. These limits are not a problem at all for games where you sit in a cockpit with a steering wheel/joystick in hand, but don’t expect to freely move around a Skyrim-style game world in VR.
1 Like

All right thanks for that may give it another 12 monts then look back in to it with luck they will pull out the finger and get some decent traction going with better systems for gaming and Movies.

Lmao you’re in the extreme minority. I never even had the chance to try vr. First world problems at its best.

3 Likes