Volkswagen Golf 2019-current (MK8)

At least we can make it a beast by modifying it so there is that

Look at the photos I posted above, the blue 7r is standard, the red golf r would be a stage 2. and the blue 8r is standard. apart from not mentioning the traction distribution that comes by default. which is a 90-10. I did it 50-50 and the red does not go below 4sec… so you can see that the 8r does need an urgent dsg change in this game

1 Like

They only update models that can only open doors but once these old models got updated they can open the hood and trunk too

Late post but, too late, it’s a manual.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid they will never update it to a DSG one because it’s not their priority, so what’s the point? Maybe shift to another racing game that has a DSG Golf like GT7 or Motorfest, but it’s the GTI. These games don’t have the Golf R sadly, till they add one, making sure it’s an EU model and DSG, to congratulate them for proving that Forza is a screw-up. I guess it’s best to leave the entire Forza franchise because FM went downhill even further now…

A Golf is just a normal hatchback I expect these to have manuals since this ain’t a chauffeurs car
We have so many automatics already so no need to complain its a manual we rarely get manual cars nowadays

The Automotive industry is already depressing enough with manufacturers replacing practical hatchbacks with stupid crossovers so to see them add a fun manual vehicle makes me a bit happier than usually

If you really think about we have more automatics than manuals and only having automatic cars would be boring and to be honest having a manual can give the driver a relationship with the car the automatics don’t have that

Like I said, you already got your wish that Golf R is already Manual in-game so you don’t need to come here to whine, complain, and cry about DSG. Seriously, that’s enough already. Imagine some Golf R fans might end up attacking you for defending the manual gearbox, as they all said they’re well known for DSG performance. Even if it’s represented as a US model, it does not have an Akrapovic exhaust and the IQ Lights like the original EU model, which makes it sound like a beast.

Just wait until Gran Turismo 7 will add this new Golf R, and I am sure their developers will definitely go for the most expensive original EU-spec Golf R DSG that the fans wanted, since they are bringing cars based on their original country specs.

If you say Golf is a normal Hatchback, yes that is true, but Golf R is meant for High-end performance. So I take it that as someone who likes Manual, I see that Golf R is an exception from having a Manual after all. It’s not really a wrong car to have such Top-of-the-line equipment, because with DSG, it can also compete with some other vehicles performing similar to it.

Take a look at Civic Type R for example, it’s always retaining the Manual ever since, so it’s all good. I like both transmission types. You just don’t need to have a Manual to become a man. Automatics/DCTs have paddle shifters like Supercars. I know most people don’t use them but I would use them when driving in mountainous roads. Driving skills regardless on both gearboxes is the ability of a Pro driver.

1 Like

I don’t mind the existence of automated manuals but a game needs a mix of manual automated manual and automatics and thats probably another reason why they went for a manual Modern Volkswagens in general have been depressing me a lot lately hearing that the T7 only comes in a automated manual is very depressing Volkswagens should not be automated manual only they should be both they are supposed to be simple and cheap and not high tech and expensive

I have been hearing a lot of transmission problems on modern VWs and that they have too much technology and that they keep failing

I will be honest do we really need that much technology? I don’t think so it can be very complicated at many times and expensive to repair no wonder that older cars are better but manufacturers seem to only care about the future

The clubsport with paddle shifters.

1 Like

Like the Z4, it would be stupid to add another manual Golf it’s just not make sense.
They add the facelifted transmission manual Z4
And the Dual Clutch R Clubsport with paddle shifters.

2 Likes

Only for comparison but I will always like the one ingame more

But I want a pre facelift GTI(either Euro or US Spec) first to end the manual performance Golfs of this generation

Oh I see. Well yeah eathier the manual GTI or the Paddle Shifters ClubSport. Hope both are added along manual facelift Z4.

1 Like

And the GR Supra MT

If they were going to put in a GTI that was the clubsport or tcr of the mk7 dsg, yes. And if it is the mk8, I hope they update to the 8.5 clubsport or 8.5r that will be released shortly. since the 8r has not mattered to them and it will stay that way

1 Like

I’ve been hearing complaints about the manual Golf R in Forza games thru YouTube…

People were like:

“Why is not a DSG”
“Another slow-ahh Manual Golf R? Brainless. Should’ve been the DSG version”
“I hate how they keep adding Manual Golf R’s, even if DSG is the best performing”
“It’s like the devs have no idea what a DSG really is, they must be too obsessed with Manual”
“We have enough Manual Golf R’s, they shoud’ve added the DSG”
“I’m disappointed that they keep adding Manual Golf R’s. DSG is faster and the Manual is so slow”
“How could they not know about the DSG’s quick performance? What are the devs even up to? When will they ever learn???”

1 Like

I know I just wanted to make Ford Mustang 718 happy. I actually want the Automatic ones.