Vinyl Usage Accolades

Ok, good. I’ll try to hunt down vinyls from people in this thread at some point.

me, too, I’ll go looking

what do we know?

one “use” is one vinyl from one player on one car
apply and save is enough

applying more than one from one player does nothing
driving time does nothing

anyone got a better description? (I assume they have - I often miss important details!)

1 Like

I’m actually going to try an experiment. I’m setting up a super 7 drift event with my GMC sticker bomb van (when I get a chance to).

Also, I’m definitely NOT a painter but have many basic paints in my creative hub. Need likes for those to (don’t think I need uses but wouldn’t hurt.). Don’t need to get carried away with exchanging downloads but I think I only need a few hundred likes for designs now.

Not quite. From what I’ve observed:

One use is one vinyl group applied to a car. A particular vinyl group counts once per car per player. So for example:
I create a “Sticker Bomb” van with 150 vinyl groups. I’ve gone ahead and driven around a little just to be on the safe side, not sure if that’s required. +150 vinyl group uses. no amount of extra driving changes that amount
If I create a “Sticker Stang” mustang with 150 vinyl groups (and I drive it around for just a bit, just in case), that’s another +150 vinyl group uses.

So it’s the act of applying the vinyl group to the car that seems to be key. Driving may not be needed. I’ll try adding a bunch and NOT drive, and see if it increments.

Edit:
Can confirm. No driving required. Or at least, I just exited the festival site and exited the game. Looks like it’s the act of applying the vinyl group that increments the use.

2 Likes

I tried to get everyone here but I know I missed at least one. Sorry for so many pics but it seemed the easiest description.

I have some vinyl groups shared if anyone is interested. Thanks!

I did this Wednesday afternoon and played in seasonal games

IMG_20221208_145623
IMG_20221208_145801

Trial car today
IMG_20221208_101338
IMG_20221208_101238

6 Likes

Thank you! :pray: I will follow you and ad your vinyls later when I get home. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for checking them out, much appreciated! Hope you found some things you liked. I will give yours some downloads & likes as well :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ha! I think that’s my rainbow star!

I’m probably proudest of my logo work, especially the Missouri state bear. I appreciate the help and will look to hit you with some downloads/likes/uses.

1 Like

I’ve been going in and liking each individual vinyl. Is that the correct way? I haven’t been prompted to like them the same way liveries or tunes do after usage.

Thanks to anyone helping with these…

This is what I have so far. I’ll do some more later when I get a chance. Thank you :pray:

*Anyone feeling extra generous please follow me and download some liveries and tunes too! I could really use some help. Likes and uses are always appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Heh! I recognize those ugly smiley face vinyls anywhere. :rofl: :+1:

Thanks! Lookin’ good! Well…the car anyways. Haha.

3 Likes

So I tried to give some DLs & likes & ran it through my eventlab photo studio, so hopefully you will get the uses from them as well. Hope this helps.
(I’ll apologize in advance if I missed anyone)

3 Likes

Yep that’s your star.

There are more under the dirt and some hard to see and layered on the roof. You can probably tell I’m active in games so everyone saw the car.

Thinking back, people were pretty nice around me in the Trial. Now I’m wondering if looking a bit crazy makes people think twice.

Those are your smileys. I think one side of the car is all you Audible since I missed you when putting the games car together.

I enjoy art in general so it was great to see what everyone has created. It’s clear that there’s been a lot of time and effort put into them.

Thanks for any and all follows. I will add you too. There’s games in next week’s playlist so I’ll do another paint for it.

Thanks Bravo!

2 Likes

Liking vinyl groups individually is the only way I’m aware. Thanks again for the follow!

1 Like

Thank you! Very :sunglasses: photo studio as well! :+1: I use that sometimes through eventlab, so thanks for sharing! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve downloaded, used, and liked your vinyls as well as followed you. Some very nice vinyls! :+1: I wish I could replicate logos so well…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve added you and @WhiteBurrito42 into the vinyl group rotation. I downloaded about a dozen from each and liked them, and they’re sitting on the top of the “my vinyls” pile so whenever I’m doing a big dump of vinyl groups I’ll do them all. Should be good for a stream of uses here for a bit.

2 Likes

Ah! I see Springfield BJJ and the weird swirl patterns. Tomorrow I’ll download a batch from you to add to the pile (and like). Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like just putting the vinyl groups on constitutes a “use”, so you don’t even have to do the eventlab stuff (though it doesn’t hurt).

2 Likes

I did a full range of experiments with my Xboxes side-by-side, here’s what I found:

downloads and likes only count once per user, this goes for any specific creative content. I assume this is to keep people from shortcutting the accolades and legendary status.

time doesn’t factor into uses at all from what I can tell. I did the festival drag strip once and got credit for all 10 vinyls on the car. took about 45 seconds. then reset the game and did 30 minutes of Goliath and got no uses from it.

in fact, I’m skeptical of the whole “15 minute” thing in general. I’ve never seen any evidence that liveries or tunes work that way, and I couldn’t reproduce it no matter what I tried. it seems to be event-based. the prompt for likes appears after 2 races for liveries and 3 races for tunes.

if time factors into uses in any way, it must be for repeat uses, which also would make it harder for people to cheat the stats on their own. but again I’m skeptical, because the same vinyls on the same car have produced zero uses in repeated tests for 2 days.

my working assumption is that the first use is easy to earn, but you’re gonna need more users as opposed to more literal uses to progress.

edit: one more thing, I tried applying the vinyls to a different car and repeated the process, and got no uses. seems like the specific content is capped statistically.

1 Like

i thought this might be the case, but I did a bit of driving to be safe. very strange system they designed.