Turn 10 decides to let go of some of the cars

Turn 10 will let go of 200-300 cars for the new Forza Motorsport. This means they have decided to follow the same footsteps as Polyphony Digital: Stop adding older cars and move on to newer cars and SUVs. Considering how popular SUVs are, Polyphony Digital started focusing on SUVs, and Turn 10 has a strong focus on SUVs, especially Turn 10 is American.

Well… have you seen silhouettes for the next update for Gran Turismo 7? Three old cars :smiley:

No, Turn 10 is not letting cars go, they’re simply going to restore them later with updates, just like PGG is doing in FH5 :wink:

And they still have zero SUVs in GT7 :smiley:

2 Likes

Source?

Or just nonsense talk?

1 Like

Assumptions…The “reveal” video includes many older cars (mostly muscle cars) and a few older race cars. So far, not one image has shown any SUV, truck or otherwise.

1 Like

Does that mean we’ll finally stop seeing the irrelevant 2000 Mustang Cobra R? At least we stopped seeing the 2008 Cadillac Escalade

1 Like

Just curious, why do you feel the 2k Cobra R was/is irrelevant?

1 Like

The more popular model from that generation was the Terminator…much rather have that than the Cobra R. The Cobra R is an oddity

…more than anything just grew tired of seeing it in Forza, it’s my mental marker for how much stuff they’ve recycled since FM2

1 Like

Well, I hope they don’t ditch that Cobra R '00. I consider it a classic and a must-have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s the clarification:

Looking to the Future of Car Culture

Yamauchi also reflects on how players — “I don’t think it’s the majority,” he notes — respond to new features such as GT Sophy or new Vision Gran Turismo cars, with requests for their own favorite older vehicles.

“I think it’s because they take it for granted that car culture will continue into the future,” he comments. Noting requests for cars like the Toyota Chaser and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV, he states “If you do [only] that, it will probably end, easily. It is not connected to the future at all,” adding “if all you want is old cars that’s fine, but that will never last.”

With that in mind, Yamauchi also reflects on the changing face of motoring today. “The types of cars are changing a lot… In the past, car enthusiasts drove sports cars… Nowadays, car enthusiasts often drive SUVs… I think we have to cover such cars.”

Of course that wouldn’t be too radical a change for Gran Turismo, with cars like the Range Stormer Concept (which became the Sport), Mazda MX-Crossport (which became the CX-7), and Renault Avantime in previous iterations of the game, but perhaps we’ll see more of them in the future.

Yes, I know you are referring to that interview with Kazunori Yamauchi from GTPlanet, I’ve read it too :slight_smile: However, the fact remains that Gran Turismo 7 still doesn’t have even one SUV and their embracing the future means only adding more and more sci-fi VGT concept cars that people seem to like less and less :smile:

1 Like

I’d rather not have SUVs in FM. They are no good for circuit racing and given the reduced number of cars likely to be at launch the series would be better off with professional racing cars.

2 Likes

Can anyone link to any YouTube footage of an SUV race on a racetrack, or recommend any professional SUV racing leagues to follow?

There is no future of car culture. It’s dead and the golden era was the 90s and 2000s, so of course people want cars from that era.

Car culture today is buying a Charger/Mustang/Camaro and putting an exhaust on it and taking it to a car meet where everybody else has a different color Charger/Mustang/Camaro with a different exhaust and window sticker. Car culture today is states and EPA making it illegal to modify your car. Car culture today is giant electric RC cars being mandated and propagandized in our faces every day. Car culture today is to vilify the internal combustion engine and make it a thing of the past. Car culture today is dead and Yamauchi is an old automotive purist who hates car modification and struggles to understand his demographic.

Or buying a classic car that is immune to emissions standards, cutting a hole in the hood, and putting a high rise, 6-71 Blower, and 2 Holley 1050 Dominators on it. Chop a dana 60, 9", or a 12 bolt, weld it locked or get a detroit, tub it, roll cage inside, and have a pro street.
Or get an early (insert japanese car here), put on some coilovers, Garret or Rayjay turbo(s), lower it, cage it, and shoit up the local canyons.
Im in the highly restricted republic of Kalifornia and car culture is alive and well, not counting the spoiled that just go out and buy a Diablo or Ferrari…

You can keep your SUVs and Mall Crawlers…

What that means is that if you only request for Xbox One-era cars like the Toyota Celica and the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, it will probably end easily. It’s not connected to the future at all. If all you want is Xbox One-era cars, that’s fine, but that will never last.

Car people aren’t exactly known for being at the forefront in accepting change. Looking to the past, usually in reverance, is kind of at the core of the culture/hobby. I believe letting older vehicles go away just because… they’re old… would be a tragedy.

Then again, that’s never stopped anything, especially if it saves them a buttload of cash in time and resources.