To No Ones Surprise, Horizon Secret Santa Event Seems To Be Bugged

I dont know about You but I have not seen the Horizon Secret Santa progress bar move at all, and I have received two car gift drops already so people are definitey giving away cars.

Do i need to gift a car myself for the bar to show progress? I´ve been waiting to gift a bunch of duplicate cars that I have but I dont want to gift them out if it wont count towards the global progress of this event.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks pretty bugged, sad… because I want to know the secret car… wich sadly again, I think it will be a dissapointment XD

The Secret Car is the Peel P50 x), is the only new car they showed on stream that you cant get anywhere in the series 2 festival playlist and they unveil the Horizon Secret Santa right after showing the Peel P50

2 Likes

Really¿? so dissapointment, at least for me… Im not that interested on that vehicle, is a fun crazy car ok, but nothing to be that enthusiastic about

1 Like

I was watching this progress too and it has not moved today at all

maybe, it will move in 24 hours? 1 week update?

Playground Games appears to be run by Marketing Tools instead of software development. All ideas…no quality control…

13 Likes

What ideas there is nothing new in FH5?

I’m hoping the whole thing is a sham incentive and they’re planning to give it out regardless. I’d rather have the P50 again than any of these Ferrari.

2 Likes

I think your right, considering its tied to an accolade for the holiday season, they are using a countdown timer.

I could only imagine the uproar if another car/accolade wasn’t available in an already broken season.

In fact scratch that it wouldn’t surprise me if it was actually broken, nothing seems to be tested these days, and I’m I the only one (I’ve not seen it mentioned anywhere) who noticed on the live stream the ‘Warning’ about code errors within their own version they were using to showcase the holiday seasons? At 22:03 you can see their debugger clearly stating 'Output Log - [New Errors] - [New Warnings].

I’m not stating they are serious game breaking errors etc, but when I was debugging I’d do my upmost to have ZERO errors etc, that way I knew with a 99% certainty that in a real life environment it would work. Why ignore the debugger, it’s purpose is to warn.

3 Likes

That may be why there were no target numbers in the progress bar :stuck_out_tongue:

Ferrari make two cars.

The fast one that’s red and the GT that’s grey.

Really far too many of them in horizon and Forza in general.

2 Likes

Yeah, because we really needed three different variants of the Lamborghini Aventador and another three different variants of the Lamborghini Huracan. Heck, Playground took so long to add the SVJ, Lamborghini has produced another two variants of the Aventador at a higher trim level.

3 Likes

That’s a fault of Playground Games/Turn 10, and a fairly severe one at that. If they quit with the meme cars like the Peel and kept up with somewhat current events, maybe they wouldn’t be so slow to keep their lineup up-to-date.

2 Likes

It’s not just them either. I was going through my garage upgrading all my cars and I’ve never been so bored as when I did Audi.

For a car company with a rich history, you sure couldn’t tell.

Sedan
Sedan
Sedan
Sedan
Sedan
Hair dresser TT
Sedan
Big boy hair dresser R8
Sedan

1 Like

You need to gift cars from the forzathon shop, not the normal way.

2 Likes

Nope. At least that’s not what it says in the content update topic

7 Likes

It still doesn’t work even doing it that way.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t reach its first target in a week or so, so everyone* can dress up as Santa, then hit the second target on 25th December (y’know, just coincidentally) and we all get another car to gather metaphorical dust…

2 Likes

Doesnt matter.
They will give the car to save face with or without the bar filling up. They will just say it was glitch but all was ok behind scene.

2 Likes

Maybe its bugged.

Only counts if you haven’t gifted before.

5 Likes