This game is borderline BLOATWARE

It takes an enormous amount of resources to open this game, and still its rife with lag. Can the DEVS please do something to make the render time or load time faster? I am SICK of waiting half the game just for something to load. On the intro, on every race, on every event, on every single session, on every little thing, there is a huge wait time. Even to go between the menus on the autoshow, even on simple things like choosing an expedition I have to wait extra time just so I can hear some pre-recorded audio clip that I donā€™t care about hearing. Let me just do the mission and get out of my way. Iā€™m sick of waiting for everything to load in this game. I can open up world of warcraft and it runs fine with no lag whatsoever. But Forza takes 3 minutes to start, another 5 minutes to load, then 2 more minutes to login and then more to get past the menu screen. I meanā€¦this is absurd. Either the coders and software devs need to retake a course on software engineering or they dont seem to care much about the user experience. Do they even read the forums? Will they even read or reply to this topic? [Edit - Iā€™m here to read, pass along, and respond to constructive criticism. I brake for profanity. See the Welcome thread pinned above. - MM]

7 Likes

I actually really like this game when I can get a good experience for a few minutes before it either crashes or something else stupid happens that makes me stop playing. Just sad that its become bloatware at this point, it runs horribly on my system and Im on a 1050ti graphics cardā€¦

The 1050Ti is a low end GPU these daysā€¦am curious about the rest of your system as, whilst the game seems to have been designed to make players wait for everything, hence so many screens have redundant stuff, the times mentioned in your earlier posts are extremeā€¦this makes me think your system is limited in some way, whether it be a low-end CPU, smaller amount of RAM or having a HDD rather than an SSD

I thought someone would pick up on that. Yes, while it sounds like he is using a hard drive if it takes 3 minutes to load etc., the game is nonetheless full of unnecessary delays which arenā€™t system dependent so I think his point still stands.

3 Likes

Really feels like a lot of the gameplay is just to ā€œHYPEā€ me up, but I donā€™t need to be HYPED UP at the EXPENSE of GAMEPLAY! Flashcuts of my car, cool camera rotations and cutscenes, and hype events and stuff, I donā€™t need, because its lagging everything and slowing down the PC and game and EATING UP RESOURCES. Please get your priorities straight, the game engineering takes priority over hyping the playerā€¦

4 Likes

After I win a BR in Fortnite I can requeue within seconds or return to main lobby within seconds.

After I win a championship online race in FH5 I have to wait until the current race times are shown, then look at the championship times, then look at the avatars of the podium finishers (think I got the order right, maybe not), then wait until next championship is organized to either continue or back out, then wait to load into open world, then wait for game to sync, then I can exit game safely.

Where am I going with this? The reason I like other games like Fortnite is I can in and out of BRā€™s quickly. Obviously this is not the case for FH5. The time we spend waiting for something to start, finish and the time in between far exceeds the time we spend doing the given activity. Consequently I prefer to play other games more because I can get a lot more done and have a lot more fun compared to the same time spent in FH5.

2 Likes

The load times are obnoxius on anything that doesnā€™t have solid state storage.

3 Likes

It is obnoxious on PC with SSD too, just less so. I feel the OPā€™s frustration but heā€™s banging his head against a wall getting these devs to listen or care. Just play it the way it is, or play something else. Those are the only two choices. FH6 will be the same if the same people are running the project. Forza games are the most bloated and badly designed games / pieces of software I use or have used.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on Xbox One X using an external HDD. Load times are totally bearable but naturally not lightning fast like they are on the SX. Totally fine by me. Donā€™t have to catch a train or anything.

I am playing this game on PC too, with installation on ssd and I donā€™t have any bad experiences with the game start or loading time - got 32 GB RAM and the game only needs about 30 seconds to start. There is only some lag after leaving the house or the festival headquarter or any other action like super7, forza arcade, forza open or any kind of race. That wasnā€™t there before the last patch so there is something on the memory managment wrong I think.

I play full HD with ultra settings on a GTX1080.

If you want bad loading times in a game try Project C.A.R.S 3 - even on SSD and not being on open world racing game it needs about 1,5 up to 2 minutes loading time between each race.

Forza Horizon 5 even loads faster than Forza Horizon 4 - so for me there is no reason to complain because of that - only the bugs in multiplayer or in the accolades are bothering me (and the difficutly rise in the trial)

1 Like

For me it took 72 seconds.

20 seconds before the splash screens appear. 29 seconds for them to finish (unskippable). 6 seconds to click through to tell the game to start loading. And then 17 seconds of actual game loading (this is the only time where the SSD loads the game proper, as can be seen in task manager. All the previous 55 seconds it is doing little or nothing).

Would like to see a video of your game taking 30 seconds to load from when you click the game icon, to being in the garage.

You are right, I have to excuse. It took the last time approx 68 seconds to load the game, didnā€™t stop the time before my last post, so it felt like the time would pass quicker but no. Sorry! Some misjudging here by me.

3 Likes

Oh god, people still saying that the game takes too long to load because they are using a regular HDD instead of an SDDā€¦ so much ignorance everywhere. Not a single game should take more than a few seconds , 15-20 at most to load, it doesnt matter if its running on a HDD or an SSD. FH5 is filled with unskippable cutscenes, and it takes too much to load in many circunstances. Thats only bad design, period. Stop saying nonsense about HDDs and such.

And no. The 1050ti isnt a ā€œLOWā€ end gpu. Again, so much ignorance (but i guess there is a reason i have some guys blockedā€¦). Its and old card, sure but the only thing that is limiting that card is the vram. Nothing else. If you can run the game with a 1060ti at ultra settings without sweat, im sure that the 1050ti is enough to run the game almost the same. Some people still didnt realize that the problem in this game is the lack of optimization and has a lot of bloatware.

I specifically said "the 1050Ti is a low-end card these days because it is a low-end card in NVIDIAā€™s current list of GPUs.

So what you are saying is that a game loading on a HDD from 2015 will load no slower than if it was being loaded from the fastest NVME M.2 SSD in existence? And you call me ignorant? So, by your logic, every gamer only needs the same HDD as was in the Original Xbox One? Just for information: My brand new XBox One X used to take anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes to load Forza Horizon 4 from first clicking on it to being able to drive a car; my brand new M.2 SSD used to take around 30 seconds. And, no, games donā€™t load in a couple of seconds on my M.s so for a game to load that quick on a HDD must mean it is the fastest drive on the planet.

But, thank you thoughā€¦It has been a while since someone called me stupid and ignorant.

Not super appreciative of the name calling either, but I guess it is the Internet and should be expected. I agree with many of the points on the cut scenes and the interface could be streamlined in many places. My only point was it is FAR less miserable doing things like fast travel, switching cars, loading menus, tuning, etc. when you jump to an SSD or to a Series X/S (that have SSDs.) My PC has an M.2 a recent i7 and a 2070 Super. Initial load times are not great (2 minutes to the garage menu.) Once that is done it is tolerable for the rest of the session minus the cut scene shenanigans and delays I imagine are due to otherā€™s slower systems during online events.

My series X is even better due to fast resume, however I suspect that introduces some glitches and network issues from time to time.

1 Like

Concerning the FH5 being bloatware, I am possibly wrong but bloatware is supposed to be an application consuming excessive space and cpu. For the space aspect, itā€™s mostly the case of so many games, the bigger is the game the better it is ā€¦ something close to ā€˜it is expensive so itā€™s greatā€™. For the CPU, Iā€™ve not noticed any consumption of memory when game is off.

Concerning load times, there is a recommended configuration for the game. I played it both PC and X1X with no particular issues on that specific aspect ( + excluding matchmaking issue). For a game that targets to propose the best rendering possible, we should not underestimate the difficulty and compromises that they had to do to make it work on Fat 1S ā€¦ of course it is slower, if it is launching it is for M$ to get more users and not be accused of disregarding most of xbox player base ( even if steam players are a far most priority than them but thatā€™s another story )

Concerning time from willing to do something to driving, that, I fully agree, is an increasing issue. I am on same opinion as BoldCarnival74, useless stuff intended to streamers/influencers/first time users is just terrible. They copied the skip option for the features imported from FH4 and did nothing for those added in FH5. But even if they do, we would still have to get out from rivals just to change tune or change car, we would still have no shortcut to start your favorite activity, we would still have to go car by car to remove useless one ā€¦

At the end of the day, game is not intended for long time users, players are supposed to play it a few hours, like 1 month and bye bye, itā€™s a discover and leave game, the advert on the front of the store to have you come and subscribe. They donā€™t need you to stay on the game, FH5 is designed for players not to stay long on it, you get things done quickly and easily. First FH I see with so many players posting about being bored. They just want you to pay to access it.

I stopped FH mainly not to support a team that has decided that racing clean was not a thing and globally racing in open world was no longer the FH core.

Recently I started the demo of Matrix city simulation. the car physics is ā€¦ well, what it is ā€¦ but street racing on that high way crowded with cars ā€¦ that, yes, would be fun. Sadly, by now, FH is more like closing rabbids, would not even be surprised to see a DLC being that kind of stuffā€¦

a FH3 fan

1 Like

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen someone say this and sadly Iā€™m in agreement. I feel FH5 is very similar to FH4 with the exception itā€™s a huge step backwards in terms of replayability and a step forward in terms of being the next Microsoft Flight Simulator but for cars. Speaking of, Microsoft Flight Simulator is an incredible game at first glance but becomes incredibly boring after a few hours. Itā€™s a shame that FH5 IMO has followed this direction.

3 Likes

Iā€™m the opposite, I would call this a 2 year game. You get new cars every month so for a 1 month game you would miss a lot. Plus the expansions come out after a few months so you need to play a few months to get to the point that they arrive. Then there is your status which is supposed to go up to about 8 before you are a fully fledged player. Then there is the need to learn all the bends on the courses which also takes months. No this is a 2 year game for sureā€¦ or supposed to be.

I think this is a reasonable take. I have fun jumping in and playing 3/4 hrs a week. In that time, I do the challenges and then mess about. I have other games that I play that makes up my remaining time (maybe 4/5 hrs a week on Fifa, 9/10 on Apex Legends). As long as they keep throwing new cars and events, Iā€™ll be happy to jump in. The issue this forum had is that we have people who are looking to put 4/5 hrs a day into this game. At that point, I understand why there could be frustration at everything and anything. All about expectations, I guess.

1 Like

Iā€™m presuming the people calling this bloatware have never installed Warzone on their machines.

As for a 1050 ti not being low end todayā€¦ I have no words for how mistaken that is. Anything to fit an agenda, I guess.

1 Like