The horizon series is gradually getting worse

Funny, I was just thinking they need to make the trial worth LESS, not more. Maybe only five points, so you can skip it if you want, but at ten points, you are pretty much stuck doing it if you want to get enough points for the second car. I did this weeks seven consecutive times before finally getting a team that weren’t complete crack-heads.

They really need to bring back the three weekly championships. With those 15 points I could skip the Trial, but not any more. I understood they went missing last month because of the whole stunt themed thing, but I was surprised to find them missing again this month.

1 Like

I think each person should be given the option to determine their own point reward for doing the Trial. That is the only way they PGG will please everyone. I will personally make it worth 40 points that way it is the only thing I have to do to get both seasonal car rewards.

3 Likes

I did spew a little toxicity in my original
Post out of frustration

1 Like

And I appreciate the edit. Shows some maturity that a lot of people evidently lack.

2 Likes

That’s the point old games were fun, these new ones aren’t. Play horizon two again, you had a car meet. An amazing map to drive around. Most importantly racing online was so much more engaging. You got more feedback from your cars. It was less arcade like. The cars sounded amazing too. Not saying FH5 doesn’t show growth. It just doesn’t show it where it really counts EXCEPT for the customization part which I’ll actually say I enjoy.

3 Likes

Yeah I let my frustrations get the best of me sometimes smh :man_facepalming:t5:. Im actually a nice guy lol. I wish we could get an simulation street racer and I’d be forever happy :smiley:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think in general we should get used to things missing if every series is going to be based around a certain theme throughout the game’s life.

I thought this series would have been the perfect opportunity to bring the Community Championship back for the seasonal championships but sadly not.

Also despite being themed around ‘customs’ ie freedom and creativity it’s rather ironic that this week’s 1 and only Championship is the most restrictive we’ve had in the game so far, a manufacturer with only 1 option + set at the class it starts in could only have less room for anything ‘custom’ if we had to drive the Alumi Craft stock.

2 Likes

I agree that the limitation to just the Alumi Craft was ironic. Yes it was B700 and you could apply a tune to upgrade it from the base B642 tune, but not really a strong focus on customization there.

I want them to improve the game not make it worse by taking points away , I think they should give us more points for doing things not less.

Well, there are NFS Most Wanted and Underground 2 maps for Assetto Corsa. I think that is closest we can get to “sim street racing” at the moment.

I could not agree more, i have seen the AI do Rival top 50 times in both Cross Country, and Road Racing, in the case of the Cross Country race, they even managed to do so in heavy rain.
That to me is the most frustrating thing about the gameplay, no matter what you do to your tune/car to tweak it, the AI will add 5-25% and outrace you anyway. Sorta defeats the purpose of tweaking.

I happened to catch it on video, uploaded it, sent in ticket, and got the usual ‘We are working on it, ticket closed, please go away’ - meanwhile the video stands at 0 views, meaning the time and effort i took to rapport, what i felt has a rather huge impact on gameplay, was a total waste.

3 Likes

But guys, the game has only been out since last November. We’re on Series 6 now. Give it a chance and some time! Like others said, some things are aimed at new players to let them discover the game (like painting cars, taking pictures). You’d be surprised at how little some people know about the game

2 Likes

Me: Game has issues, lets see what this one says about them:

“I played less than 1% of the game - so here is my hot take on the whole franchise.”

…yawn

3 Likes

I play this game with a racing wheel, and I’m telling you; I can’t even play the older games because the physics of FH5 are so much better. …because of this you DO have to sort of relearn it, and forget how the others worked - just like adding new plays and button presses to sports games, or new combinations to fighting games. Between FH4 and FH5 I literally threw away everything, tunes, how I tuned, why I did certain tunes certain ways, all of it, wheel settings, in game and in my driver app - all of it had to be relearned, redone and re-tuned.

Everything I see you say, reads like a lot of posts I read with this same sentiment; rose colored glasses and failure to recognize that this isn’t t he same game as the older games, it’s better, we wanted progress, and this is that. Better graphics, more cars, more things to do, more replay-ability, better physics, more accessible to a wider audience.

I encourage you to play more, and re-learn this game - you haven’t played enough to make this assessment of it, especially if your continuing expectation is that you’re going to start it up and have it be a port of FH3.

3 Likes

This game does play a bit different than FH4. I had a lot of trouble winning races at first where I blew the AI away in 4. But now I’m accustomed to FH5 and I’m winning races again and learned how to tune cars in this game. It takes a while. And make sure you do not, for whatever reason play on Unbeatable :stuck_out_tongue:

Try this…

Use the D Pad as its digital to tune the car.

Go up 1 digit with the D=Pad.
Go back down 1 digit with the D-Pad

The tune should now be the same as before, but it isn’t.

It’s just random, and people saying… learn to tune are just people not noticing that the programming is broken.

1 Like

I do play the older Horizon games often, especially 1 and 2. For me, these games have more replayablilty (else I wouldn’t be replaying them).

So Horizon 5 may have better graphics, but I don’t find it has more things to do, or better physics. Different, yes, not not better, for me.

Yes, I have played H5 more hours than I care to admit, I have done just about every type of activity, have finished nearly every season with a 90% or better completion, often closer to 95% or better, and occassionally 100%.

I guess I just prefer the older games and will gladly give up some of the improved graphics. I really don’t consider H5 to be progress.

3 Likes

How active are FH1 and FH2? Is the Auction House still active, for example? I would still love to try those but you can’t buy them anymore officially :frowning:

I still kick around in FH2 now and again, nice nostalgia :slight_smile: There was online racing as little as a week ago but I’m pretty sure the rest of the online stuff (auction etc) is dead. I haven’t done much in it though so I’m not sure.

Sorry, I only play solo and have all the cars so I really don’t know if the auction house is still active. You could still buy them from eBay, etc, but unfortunately wouldn’t have access to the updated content, such as the 1000 Club in Horizon 1, which is my most favorite part