Skill points guide

Hi, I’m writing this guide to help you in gaining skill points to unlock perks or to fulfill weekly Forzathon “gain X milion skill points”.
Of course you can just do whatever you want and gain them as you play, but if you want to maximize gain speed you need to do certain things.

1. Choose a car
    Unless you are forced to use specific car for Forzathon mission, you can freely choose from over 400 cars, but some are better than the others. As you know FE cars have bonuses to specific categories, but even with this not all of them will provide you with maximum amount of skill points with smallest amopunt of time.
    So what makes a car a good skill farmer?
    It’s perks. Every car has different perk tree. Most crucial for maximizing skill point generation is x7 multiplier. You can get maximum 10SP per chain, each SP needs 50k points, so whole pack need 500k BUT every car has standard multiplier of 5, so only 100k is needed for 10SP. If your car has x6 multiplier unlocked then you need only 83334, it’s 17% less than standard. If your car has x7 multiplier unlocked, then you need only 71429, so 29% less than standard and 15% less than x6.
    Of course not only multiplier is needed. Other perks which gives bonuses to drift, destroying or jumping and ssimply flat bonus to gaining points in free roam is required.
    Here are examples of good cars:
  • Renault 5 Turbo FE (bonus to ALL skills, 20% to drift, 20% to destroying, 20% for jumping, multiplier rise 3x faster, x7 multiplier, 30% to skill combination, 50% more points in free roam)
  • BMW M6 coupe FE (bonus to drifts, 20% to drift, 20% to destroying, 20% for jumping, multiplier rise 3x faster, x7 multiplier, 30% to skill combination, 50% more points in free roam)
  • Hoonigan Ford “Hoonicorn” Mustang (20% to drift, 20% to destroying, 20% for jumping, multiplier rise 3x faster, x7 multiplier, 30% to skill combination, 50% more points in free roam)
  • Jaguar E-Type S1 (20% to drift, 20% to destroying, 30% for jumping, multiplier rise 3x faster, x7 multiplier, 30% to skill combination, 50% more points in free roam)
  1. Choose a spot
    To get 500k points in one chain you need a place where you can drift, destroy and jump, but in the same time very open with little amount of indestructible objects which ruin your run if you hit them.
    There are 2 popular places: the beach near Bamburgh castle and Greendale airstrip. I personally prefere second option and will describe it in details, but this will fit to other places too.
    Here is this sweet spot:

We will be driving on the runway there and back, drifting and destroying everything while focusing on:

Destroying theese things give 1000 points as bonus. Remember to try hit everything with SIDE of your car as it gives another 1000 bonus. There are also other bonuses like hit snowman, jump few times in a row, destroy some trees in a row, destroy few fences in a row.
    Worth to mention is you can’t get bonus twice in a inner chain of only destroying things. Every time you hit something you get points for destroying, but without doing anything more, for next you’ll get points for next level of that skill and until you break that inner chain, you can’t get another bonus. Same for drifting, jumping, speed, aerodynamics, etc. Try to combine skills like destroy trashbin, then drift, then destroy something else and drift again.
    WARNING!!!
    Watch out for theese guys:

There is some problem, don’t know if intendant, but if you hit it, sometimes it counts as hit with indestructible object. It’s probably involved with your car speed, like you need higher speed to destroy it or it will interupt your car driving or something like that, but didn’t test it and prefer to avoid theese if I can.
    Watch out with jumping too. Your car may rotate unpredictable and you’ll land on roof and brake your chain.
    TIP: if you’re close to required amount of points, you can start drag race and exit it. Game will count your points and gives you SP immediately and you can start next chain.

2. Other bonuses
    If you buy The Huntsman’s Lodge once an hour your radio will play skill songs which gives you x10 multiplier for around 4 min. BUT bonus will stay after song ends if you maintain your chain. To maximize potential of this, try to end your chain before music ends, and start next one.

3. Other ways
    If you get bored with destroying, you can simply go race. The Goliath is great example of track that gives a lot skill points just for driving it. Try to find car with a lot bonuses to clean drive and speed like Pagani Zonda FE. Stay on the road, don’t hit walls and small objects, though hitting rivals is not forbidden. Driving from Edinburgh to finish line gives a lot of skill points.
    I found that testing speed on highway can provide some opportunity for few SP, just drive as fast as possible and stay as close to the outer lane where npcs drive. You’ll get points for speed and overtaking manouvers.

5 Likes

I’ll add a couple more locations to the list.

Quarry - lots of ledges lined with barriers close together. Lots of opportunities for combo skills - drift, sideswipe, destruction, air. The only limit to your score here is patience.

Rail yard - a playground games area - lots of destructables and some jumps. If you control your drifts to take out only small sections of fencing at a time you can keep you skill chains going, but will eventually run out of objects.

My car of choice so far has been the Hoonicorn Focus RS - great handling, acceleration, decent skills bonuses and a x7 multiplier (note still only goes up to x10 with a skill song). That said I have yet to get a FE car with drift bonus.

1 Like

In autumn, my go-to location is the beach, and any other time, it is the area with the big wind turbines.

1 Like

Couple of additional items…

1. Once you decide on which car to use, invest 25 of perk points towards the “Extra Life” perk… which is always in the lower right hand corner, which gives you the ability to hit a non-destructible object once and not loose your skill chain. It comes in handy for those times the game decides you hit one of those barriers wrong at the abandoned air strip or just miss time your drift around one of the ramps/trees/buildings, etc.

2. There are several other places, I find myself going to, to get farm points…
    a. The beach, with the right kinda car. I use either the Forza Edition Alumi buggy or sometimes the Meyers Manx, just to change it up (mostly only when skill songs are playing), but any truck/buggy will do.
    b. Windmill’s, there is plenty of open area/hills/fences/bushes, to get some good skill chains going.
    c. Not sure what the area is called, but where the 4 lane highway that goes through the hills… on top of though’s tunnels is rather wide open area that also has hills/bushes, etc…
    d. As long as you have the extra life perk, don’t eliminate, just driving around on the roads/map drifting around… driving some of the same open areas just drifting right and left can get boring…

3. When at the abandoned air strip, you can go to the drag strip icon, when you want to end your skill chain (500k-ish), click that you want to start the drag race and then exit out… This saves time by not having to wait for the chain to timeout to collect and for it to stop calculating, when you are standing still and it keeps going for 10 seconds or so… This can save you 15 seconds or so and not loose anything.

4. Until they fix the issue where skill points (sometimes) do not get saved for the Forzathon challenges, do your skill chains while playing in offline mode/not connected… if I recall its called single player/offline mode or something like that. And try get them all in one sitting… and if you can’t before you exit/turn off your game, go to a house, enter it and then exit it. That should force a save.

5. This may seem strange, but don’t use Fast Travel unless you have too… just by forcing yourself to drive from one place to another, you can gain a lot of perk points, just for the drive and could save you from some of the Perk Farming.

1 Like

I’ve tried a number of different cars, but keep coming back to the TVR Cerbera , maxed out for speed, it has a low centre of gravity so it rarely rolls in a long chain. It drifts gently on full throttle , so you can be in permanent drift whilst bunny hopping for air points and Ebisu skills.
I’ve also settled on one area of the map for farming, and that’s the Glen Rannoch property. Immediately behind the Croft house is a valley with streams, hills, bumps, hundreds of fences and low brick walls for destruction. High speed driving across the face of the hills either side has multiple bumps that give thousands of air points.
The Cerbera has a 7x multiplier, and it takes me about 1:30 ( 90 seconds) to get the magic 72,000 points to break the 500k . Even without skill songs I can farm 200 sp in 15 - 20 minutes. ( that’s a guess…I’ve never timed it…it’s just way,way too much fun , so I never see it as a grind… it’s great for honing drift skills too )

1 Like

I no longer use this method of banking points as it only banks points and I struggle to get the full 10 perk points in less than 2 minutes consistently over an extended period.

10 highway laps in Zonda FE takes 33mins.

For that you get:
500k credits
140k+ influence
Approx 25 wheel spins
180+ perk points especially if you keep the repeated 6000 ultimate clean racing bonus going.

Works out at approx 1m50s for 10 perk points but you get all the wheelspins and cash as a bonus.

Find this more profitable, though somewhat more boring so tend to do this 3-4 times a week.

that’s an interesting approach, can you tell me which race you use for this? and i’m guessing set to custom to allow for 10 laps then …

thanks in advance

It`c called Elmsdon on Sea Sprint located on the botton side of the highway and you can use all kinds of blueprints from custom events with the route modified. Set all assist to off including rewind and unbeatable difficulty.

This is a nice thread of everyone getting information together regarding skill points.

1 Like

Renault is my go-to car to rack up skill points but the beach dunes are the best place to do it. The only downside is you run the risk of flipping the car and losing your points. Dont hit the jumps at too high of speed. Once i’ve racked up 75 points during a 4 minute skill song. Fast and disciplined

Gymkhana Hoonicorn Mustang (AKA Hoonikorn V2) fully unlocked at the airstrip. Start at the control tower and side swipe the road barriers, drift down the far end just past the end of the airstrip and return. The barriers should have replenished. Press X to join the event by the control tower, then exit. Doing this banks your skill points quickly. Repeat.

I think my favorite car for skill point farming is the 2016 hoonigan focus, 7x multiplyer and 20% increase on skill scores, easy to handle and quick acceleration. I kinda like the fields just to the right of the festival on the map. Plenty of trees, fences, stone walls and even air skill scores.

Personally I get bored really quickly with crash & bash skill point farming … so my ‘go to’ is AMG SL65 FE Merc (All perks enabled)… drifting around the ‘circuit’ at the Horizon festival site.
it racks up points really quickly …
the bonus is : you are actually learning something /honing your drifting skills

drift taps earn well ( 9k) so good drifting with gentle taps to the barriers is great …I have few favourite spots to tap… every time it hits 5x 50k I back off and bank the points

The extra life Perk is the best tip for whatever method you choose

1 Like

Aren’t sprints “one way” so no laps … don’t you need a circuit race?

Its part of the road racing series and it can be either a sprint or a circuit. That race its one way if you do the regular event. But as a custom event you can find blueprints with it that have been made as a circuit with 5, 10 or event 50 laps.

That is just the name of the start location.

Also never ever see it mentioned, but best skills point to earn is the gravel piles at north side of old trainyard. You earn SP faster than it can log it. I stop and it will keep running for tens of thou worth of points.

Ok! Could you write an English version for us that speak English?

It is English, maybe you need pictures

1 Like