Should I purchase Forza 5?

I suspect you’ll see the auction house back in FM6 as well as animated pit stops and night and weather. (and other features like persistent lap times on top right and distance to car in front and behind.) I also expect you’ll see a return of all real life tracks (with sticky grass added on Yas and other tracks where people abuse corner cuts) and the addition of probably 4 new real life tracks and possibly a new fictional.

As far as getting FM5 now - I just saw at my local gamestop that they are still giving out FM5 for free with xboxone purchase. So I would certainly recommend picking up the game for free to screw around until Project Cars comes out.

Regarding Forza Horizon 2 - I bought this for the kids but was surprised by it. I’ve had a lot of fun with everything in this game -except the cross country events. (the x country events are just too unrealistic to me and there is significant rubber banding - although this might just be bad tuning on my part) Its really arcadish with the big jumps and barreling across fields in super cars and what not… But it’s more fun than I expected.

People cheat. Seems that Turn 10 tried so hard to make cheating impossible that they’ve killed parts of the game that people expected to be there. So due to the actions of a minority, the majority had to do without. So now we have an online game that basically isolates players from the rest of the community. The internet connection is horrible for a huge number of players. Some get it, some dont. The ones that do try to help but the problem is with this amazing new piece of next generation hardware. Some here just offer ‘‘Well mine works fine’’ when the apparent problem is brought to the attention on the forum. I’ve been playing race sims since back in the day (Grand Prix Legends to Forza 5 and almost every thing in between) in all that time the same complaints have been put forth on a regular basis. Well Turn 10 took some rather draconian steps to curb the illict behavior. As a result the entire sim racing community has paid the price. People cheat…We should have just ignored them…Now we have this. Should you buy it? I say yes…just understand what it is you’re getting…Thank you…Charles

1 Like

NO don’t buy F5 … it’s that simple… I won’t buy F6 if it comes out, if it’s anything like F5, I’m not wasting my money on crud … F4 is WAY better … I’m looking forward to (Project Cars) maybe that Sim racing game will blow F5 out of the water? Time will tell

Buy it if you have the Thrustmaster wheel, Forza 5 has THE best driving physics of any console racing game ever.

However playing with a controller… the game has way too many issues (mainly menu related) to be fun for long periods of time. The pleasure I get from Forza 5 is pure wheel based, but the game part is lacking massively, content wise it is fine but no pit stops, no fuel or tyre simulation, no weather, no time of day, no qualifying or full races…

All you do is 2-4 laps each race and you start in the same place every time… where is the game? The online is broken because the menus are so crap they don’t tell you where the people are.

1 Like

You could probably get it for cheap so why not, its good enough until Project Cars comes out next year.

I picked up my copy for £12…
Noticing more how many of the rival events use DLC cars… clever marketing by T10 there .

I played FM2, 3 & 4 quite a lot and I also got FM5 along with a XboxOne only a couple of weeks ago.

Got FM5 in its Game Of The Year edition and I have to admit: it’s the WORST forza motorsport I ever played with…

The good things:

• Graphics are amazing.
  • Dynamics are spot on.
  • The painting possibilities

The annoying things:

• The first race
    (this forced joke even a baby could win…)
    -The organization of the available cars from the dealers
    (it’s quite a mess, what was wrong with what have been done before?)
  • The ForzaVista
    (Fun but once done once or twice, it gets useless)
  • The career display
    (No display of the restrictions and class…)
  • No more wheels than there were in FM4
    ( Are they so hard to create?)
    -The DLC
    (from FM3 it’s obvious that Turn10 is all about maximum profit now)

The bad things:

• The missing tracks
    (I really miss Tsukuba, Maple Valley and even the various snakey test tracks and what’s going on with Silverstone?)
  • What the heck is wrong with the paint/tune research?
    (it’s impossible to browse what the people on your FL have painted/tuned and looking for anything from anyone is very annoying)
  • The career
    (it’s too short, without even some true championship races and it’s not possible to modify your tune prior the race, who would want to adapt his tune to the track anyway?)

The really bad things:

• The GOTY edition
    (Only ONE DLC pack with this GOTY??? ONE? This must be the worst GOTY i’ve ever seen…)
  • No Auction House
    (if it’s not safe from a hacking point of view, why Turn10 isn’t fixing it?)
  • No gift possibility
    (that is just idiotic, how do you want to easily share tunes and paints for other people to work on?)
  • No Store Front
    (The SF has always been too restrictive to me, people should always have been able to sell a complete car from there at the price they really wanted, not a tune from there and a paint from somewhere else, a very good idea but badly done)

Honestly Turn10 made this game as useless as their Horizon franchise is.
To me I wouldn’t advise to buy this game unless you happen to already have a Xbox One and you can find it for cheap.

1 Like

Wow… I was angry when I found out there would be no weather or night / day transitions. And more angry when I found out how many race cars weren’t making it back and the race tracks that didn’t make the cut. I think you have taken your anger to a new level.

When I actually played the game I realized that Forza 5 was indeed a really good racing game with the superb graphics and physics. There are certainly some annoyances and many but certainly not all you have pointed out below. But i have to question some of your stated annoyances and “bad things”

The first race

“- The ForzaVista (Fun but once done once or twice, it gets useless)” - This is a good added feature - I’m not saying so you can hear about every car but what makes it great now is that you now have a better platform to show off your new designs (or in my case - your downloaded liveries)
“- The career display” - New format? Yes! But certainly easier to use than Forza 4’s huge grid.
“- No more wheels than there were in FM4” - So?

The bad things:

“…what’s going on with Silverstone?)” - what is the issue here? They updated the Silverstone circuit with laser scanning precision so it’s now actually accurate. The old Silverstone barely resembled the real track
“- What the heck is wrong with the paint/tune research? (it’s impossible to browse what the people on your FL have painted/tuned and looking for anything from anyone is very annoying)” - I simply search by creator to find designs by some of my friends.

Yes there are some issues - but having left Forza for a short time and moving to GT6, I can confirm that Forza 5 is just a better racing title than GT6. It’s a good racing game and the best you can currently find on the Xbox one. **with that said - expectations hare high for Project Cars!!!

Well it’s more disappointment than real anger if I’m honest.

A lot of things are pure ergonomics, which is a shame since it’s the 5th opus… I really enjoyed being able to see in a flick what all my FL was up to in their SF, and this career mode is a joke.
(Considering the wheel choice on Tirerack it’s very frustrating for me not to have new wheels available, and I preferred the old and inaccurate Silverstone :P)

The main problem is that when I first played FM2 I discovered not only a game, but also a great community with this forum.
When people were buying cars from the AH they became their property, with the pride and possible profiteering coming along with this freedom.
You could ask directly liveries from the players and arrange a rendez-vous in the AH, discussing the price directly and freely with the artist himself.
The TM was alive with heated discussions, great tuning competitions and even legendary creations (the R34 sharks…)
Yeah I know, I know, I’m old… :stuck_out_tongue:

Now we have the most communistic game from the player point of view to the most capitalistic one when you’re dealing with all the DLCs.
I also have high expectations for Project Cars, we’ll see next year. :wink:

Glad you like it. A few things annoy me about it, but overall the racing is great, the graphics are awesome, there are less tracks but I love the ones that we got.

I decided to purchase an Xbox One last Thursday due to an excellent deal which included COD Advanced Warfare and a digital code for Forza 5 GOTY edition.

My first impressions are the graphics and physics are excellent but my word did they leave alot of features from Forza 4 out of the game. At this stage im enjoying playing FM5 but I would of been gutted if I paid full price for the Xbox one and FM5 when it was released last year!

Could not agree with you more. I miss Suzuka and Tsukba tracks although bathurst and spa are fantastic. Wish they could make others people tunes easier to find.

1 Like

Yup. Now you get what we all have been saying. I think what makes it worse is that they did an excellent job on a few things in FM5 like on graphics and physics as you mentioned but completely laid an egg on so many other things. I think thats why there is so much frustration. Doesn’t help either how the game makes you feel isolated.

Sounds like a good deal though on the xbox. You’ll enjoy the xbox one for sure. Everytime I jump back to the 360, I miss the xbox one functionality. They’ve added a few new features to the xbox one too this month. There is a cool intro video that should be on your main page. How’s COD? I’ve been thinking about getting it.

I’m new fo F5 also, I like it but as you say F4 had more content

Just getting back into Xbox after a 2 year lay off. Traded in the 360 for the COD One on Saturday, spent nearly 6 hours downloading COD with the codes on Sunday then immediately installed F5, played 4 rounds in career and thought maybe I’m stupid why cant I find out where to tune… after reading this thread and having played F1 through 4 before my break I am disappointed. However, I know how to persevere and I know T10 must have had their reasons to skimp.
i wont get the time to play like I used to but I do plan on going back to the wheel as I did in F1 so I at least get some enjoyment. As for Silverstone, I’ll decide I was there in July for the Formula 1 race, then I drove the Nurburgring a few days later in the rain (don’t know if its in F5 but not expecting it). Even if I get disappointed I’ll play as this was and is one of the best game franchises ever.

I bought Forza 5 when I bought my XB1 and I ended up taking the game back and getting a refund. The game is kind of a joke there is just so much missing from the game compared to Forza 4 and the race length is laughable who ever thought 2 lap races was a good idea needs to be fired. I really do miss the old days where we had to work for our wins and put the time in on long races. Race length should be added to the difficulty settings!! Sorry about the little rant but I was just really let down with Forza 5. My advice would be to go to Gamestop and buy the game USED if you dont like it just take it back and get a refund. As far as FH2 goes its kinda fun but i’m sure that will wear soon plus the lack of realism kind of turns me off.

For the price the game is now available, and your even wondering wether to buy the game, you’d be sill not to.

The graphics n physics are ok the rest is a shambles and thats before you realise 90% of the cars need a V8 or 1.6 rally to be quick on Lbs and why race tyres have no more grip than stock…a mess.
Lets just hope a mix of 2,4 makes 6.

race tires seem to have more grip to me.

I purchased it today and Horizon 2 for my new xbox one, not played it yet tho, looks a good game