Reevaluate The Eliminator on next FH games

As the title suggests, The Eliminator gamemode should be reevaluated for a better integration jumping into the next Forza Horizon games (in order to get better maps)

Playground Games noticed the success of this gamemode in FH4 and decided to develop the next map (FH5 one) with having The Eliminator gamemode as one of the main priorities while working on it, to make the gamemode more fluid and rapid.

Unfortunately, this priority led to a flatter and less filled map, which then impacts the feel of the game and its freeroam, the player retention, the other biomes they could’ve explored, etc. This ends up in a lot of players hating on the map because it feels “empty”.

People have discussed about the gameplay and have suggested some changes (as @Loro7777184 says here: Remove the Eliminator permanently ). But I think the best way to do this is to balance it out :

• SEE THE CURRENT PLAYERS THAT ENTER THE ELIMINATOR : To see its popularity and determine whether or not it needs to be prioritized.

• REDUCE THE GAMEMODE’S ZONE : This will satisfy both the Eliminator players and those who want a highly detailed and filled map, PGG could have a smaller zone to play the gamemode, big enough to have encounter challenges against the 40+ players, and small enough to not take up all of the map (not even half of it), as this not only makes the sessions a lot faster and more enjoyable, it also gives the developers a space on which they can develop a crazier or interesting terrain to explore new ideas to the gamemode, AND it would give the developers the rest of the map to make it as good and interesting as they can without limitations towards the gamemode.

This will satisfy pretty much all type of players, whether they enjoy the Eliminator or prefer a more detailed world.

Thanks for the shout out and also I did give you a vote so I’ll spread this post all around especially cause your suggestion is a billion times better than mine was

1 Like

TL;DR: The team should change things up for the Eliminator (like its implementation on the map by reducing the available space for the gamemode) in order to fully develop both the Eliminator given zone and the rest of the map to improve in it without the limitations the gamemode gave in the creation of FH5’s map

1 Like

I billion percent agree with this

1 Like

As a way to visualize it I will share this image as an example:

The inside of the circle will be considered as the Eliminator Zone (EZ) and outside of the circle will be the rest of the map. The EZ in this case would be flatter (though that could be discussed) and accommodated with features that would be extremely benefitial to the minigame. Outside the circle, the map would be a lot more complex, without the concern of design it for the Eliminator, as the EZ would achieve that

1 Like

Lol yeah you’re idea is infinite times better than mine was XD :slight_smile: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: but in all seriousness though I hope and pray that your suggestion will get 20+ votes

The truth is that El Eliminador was born using the entire map of Forza HORIZON and I feel that it should be like that, those of us who play it and enjoy it do not ask that it shrink, what is more, we ask to play it on Hot Wheels and even on Rally Adventure.
I assure you that between the lines after having discussed the subject it seems that you criticize the map and the work they did on it and use the Eliminator as an excuse. If the map was really made with El Eliminador in mind, I LOVE PLAYGROUND GAMES and TURN 10 MORE for their work.
I’m really sorry that you don’t enjoy using the entire map, those of us who are ELIMINATI use everything and I assure you that it even gives you an adrenaline rush when you have to flee from the wall that leaves you out…
Winning an Eliminator with the timeout bar in The Arena is another adrenaline rush you should try. And that I only have 398 victories and 15 with El Vocho Level 1…
I love The Eliminator and more I love Forza HORIZON
Translated by Google

I personally hate the game mode, and sadly it holds my final achievement for 100% hostage at the moment too.

However, with some tweaks and changes, like the ones here, it maybe might not suck as much.

Honestly, I’d just be happy to have separated lobbies by “has won” and “has not won” with an option to opt-in to the “has won” lobby if you really don’t care that much or don’t get hung up on it and rage like some of us do.

Losing time after time, occasionally checking if that was somebody’s first win to find they got it years ago is just… demoralizing. And don’t tell me it’s luck, not luck, or get good. I’m just gonna keep trying and hope JohnnyA**hole doesn’t need his 700th win.

Sorry for the negativity. I love this game except Eliminator and hope it improves for the rest of you playing these games going forward.

Edit: I got the win and final achievement 30+ rounds later and it oddly felt like everyone in the final run gave up before the final mile. My heart was beating out of my chest and I almost felt like I had to puke. But it’s over. Still feel like 2 separate lobbies is a fair option. No more posts from me here again. Bye now.