Realistic Car/Clutch behaviour and Sounds

I went back to playing FH4 the other day and noticed something that has slipped my mind completely while playing FH5!
I play on a Logitech G920 set using the full Wheel, Pedals and Shifter and noticed that they have removed the ‘gear crunching’ sounds that were in FH4. It had me thinking about how great it would be if they added into ‘future’ F/Horizon instalments of the game more realistic car/clutch behaviours and sounds. We have already had the gear crunch sound in FH4 (if you don’t apply the clutch during a gear change), and if you’ve noticed when you’re in the garage upgrade hub and touch the accelerator the car will crank and start up this is even a horn sound. How about adding these sounds to ‘bunny hopping’ and ‘stalling’ physics?!?
So say, if like in real life you let off the clutch too soon without applying enough acceleration or not clutch/braking when coming to a stop or emergency braking; the car would stall and turn off.
To restart the car they could add (Clutch + A button [to make starting/cranking sounds] then push the Accelerator button [for the start-up engine/exhaust sounds] ).

To be honest the gear grinding sound in FH4 drove me right up the wall. I use manual with clutch on an Xbox controller and tend to shift so quickly that all I would hear is that krrk! sound every single time I switched gears. Maybe offer it as an optional setting? I get that it could add to the experience but for me it was pure irritation and I am sooo glad FH5 doesn’t have it.

Oh! This reminds me, it is entirely possible to kill your engine in the game as is. I’ve done it many times by accident. There’s no starter sound that I can hear though, just wait a moment while holding down the accelerator and it’ll get back into the fight. Not sure if you need to clutch in during this, I don’t think so…

I get where you’re coming from though, with manual+clutch there’s really no downsides while having slightly quicker acceleration (other than not being great for rock crawling.)

1 Like

what about making the engine stall (on manual clutch and the engine realistically not powerful enough to move the car when idle)?