Ranked Racing

Feature Request:

• Reintroduce Ranked Free-For-All Racing
  • Reintroduce Ranked Team Racing
  • Reintroduce Ranked Team Games

How to vote?

• Click the blue VOTE button at the top of the page.
  • Fill in the optional poll below.

Info: Please vote from 0 (low) to 5 (high) on how strongly you feel about each of the following…

Ranked Free-For-All Racing:

0 voters

Ranked Team Racing:

0 voters

Ranked Team Games:

0 voters

Grandmaster titles:

0 voters

Fix the rating system in Free-For-All Racing so that players no longer lose rating if they win the overall championship:

0 voters

Fix the rating system in Ranked Team Racing so that the losing team always lose rating regardless if a team member leaves before the end of the final race. The current behavior was exploited by teams in order to avoid losing rating:

0 voters

Comment below with any feedback or suggestions should these optional ranked adventure modes return. Thank you for voting!

Just my +1. Ranked should be in game. You don’t like it - you don’t play it, i don’t care if there is only metas, i just wanna some competition there.

19 Likes

Unranked team racing would be nice.

The game should have similar progression paths to like horizon 4 where you have like 25 levels and you get rewards for leveling up

maybe something similar should be done but update the levels every few months with more levels and more rewards.

Im pretty much asking for team racing but without ranked.

6 Likes

If ranked does ever come back, I would also like to see the ranked progression system revamped to where it’s no longer based on experience earned but instead something like an ELO Rating. for example, you take first in the whole championship, you get more than 2nd and 3rd and so on, you could have it at almost neutral for the middle of the pack so around 5th, 6th, and 7th and it would just drop after that. I also understand that it would have to take into account how many players are actually still in the lobby at the end but that would be a better way to rank players based on skill, not hours in game.

1 Like

I agree. Any team racing, ranked or unranked, would be a welcome addition. I think I spent more time in team racing in FH4 than any other mode, and it was a fun way to play the game with friends.

5 Likes

I would like to see ranked back too. But only if everyone has to drive in the same car with stock tuning. So it really would be about skill and not about who drives the meta cars all the time. Some kind of safety rating would be nice and a votekick option if a rammer is in the lobby.

4 Likes

I agree with a separate gamemode for stock cars, but this could be exploited. I think a more formal and streamlined player report forum would be better

5 Likes

Totally agreed. We are waiting, PG

I’d like to see them add some penalty for smashing racers into the walls or off the road so they miss checkpoints… or maybe it can just negate any points progression they get for winning the race.

Yes dude. Even if Im not playing with my club not always being in PVP online races would be nice.

1 Like

So many clubs in this game!!
So many people waited for Team Ranked racing! And quitted to other games!!
Do it for your online community!!! They are the ones that carry the game through the months after launch!!!
Just get a decent club ranked method and allow teams vs teams online!!

5 Likes

And a good idea Will be with stock cars

1 Like

Meta cars would be sorted if the same system used for current Horizon Tour - Random type of requestes cars (including stock, but is fine at the moment). and make the freeroam races count like FH4 (at least for mixed and cross!!)
Dont think too many people play this mode!! Developers should make “Horizon Tour” in “Horizon Club Tour Racing” and put at least a Club Ranking with maybe top players for the season (and Clubs ofcourse!). And have it reset every season (4 weeks). MAKE ONLINE FUN AGAIN !!!

Where’s Open Drift ranked?

Forza Horizon 5 should have a ranked mode like Forza Horizon 4 had. I know Horizon is mostly focused on having fun and not playing serious but I know there are a lot of competitive players out there like myself who really liked the ranked mode as it gave us a reason to play everyday. Right now, after investing 250+ hours in the game, I literally don’t have anything that can make me play the game regularly. Sure the weekly festival playlists are good but you can get them done in an hour max.

1 Like

Forza Motorsport hasnt had a release since 2017, meanwhile Horizon has had 2 releases since then. Motorsport doesnt have the playercount it did previously because its outdated. The competitive players have to play in public random lobbies and you cannot progress in the ranked system that is available because no one wants to play it. You cant get a wheel to work properly on Motorsport because the implementation is outdated and doesnt know how to convey understeer or oversteer. Horizon has a much improved wheel implementation system but its a casual game that doesnt have a ranked mode to be able to really flex that portion of development.

Additionally your quote “Loyalty is everything, and everything is nothing.” sure sounds like Loyalty means nothing to you guys. We’ve noticed because Horizon 5 was pushed for release before it was ready and we still dont have a new motorsport title or even any information about one.

1 Like

Do you honestly want a ranked mode where 5-10 meta cars outpace the remaining 50-200+ cars in the same class by 3-6 seconds?

Do you honestly want a ranked mode where powerbuilds (which are essentially drag cars and require a way to race that you won’t ever use in real racing) can outpace every other car in the same class by 6-12 seconds?

FH4 had meta cars too but they were not nearly as fast as the ones in FH5. 1-3 seconds faster at most.

If you tried to make a Powerbuild in FH4 the game would punish you severely by making sure you’d not even be able to launch forget about driving.

In FH5 this is no longer the case because:

1. Grip is abundant irrespective of tires

2. Max front aero adds too much front oversteer making the lack of steering with low grip tires neglegible

If you want ranked with the current broken balancing then know that you’d HAVE to use nothing but Powerbuilds in ranked in order to win.

If you’re going to ask for a ranked mode don’t forget to also ask to rebalance grip + launch + front aero + meta cars and don’t forget to ask to nerf Powerbuilds into the ground and keep them as drag cars which is what they are

1 Like

I know i’m coming late… but from what i’m seeing… in steam:

|Month |Avg. Players||Peak Players|
FH5 on steam:
|Last 30 Days |7,468.9 |14,515
|October 2022 |8,425.2 |17,729

FH4 on Steam:
|Last 30 Days |6,629.9 |15,698
|October 2022 |8,690.5 |23,681

This tells me 1 thing… FH5 is missing content from FH4.

@BigHedDjango what is the difference of having those meta cars racing in normal vs ranked ? aren’t you losing anyway if someone comes in with a meta power bulid car and knows how to drive?

I’ve read an article on wich Mike Brown saied that ranked was toxic… and that the game suppose to be casual… then what is eliminator ? why do we have first place, second place in open multiplayer ? Racing it self is competition…

So … i’m sure that ranked will be a good addition to the game…

4 Likes

I don’t think Ranked should come back.

I do however think that there need to be better tools for setting up online races instead of relying on the barebones Horizon Open or the clunky Convoy/Blueprint system.

With better tools for hosts, competitively minded players will make their own communities and ranked-like events. Even just the ability to create Blueprint Championships (like in Forza Horizon 4) would be a good addition.

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t ranked come back? If you don’t like it, don’t play it. There will still be unranked. There’s nothing to lose - literally why? It’d hugely boost the active player base and bring a lot of good competitive players back who quit the game.

3 Likes