Rain

Maybe because its a demo so they set it up to actually show the weather. Would be a bit silly to have a demo then have to hope that the weather effects actually kicked in

1 Like

I dont know why the Xbox360 version doesn’t have rain…The Xbox 360 can handle that -_-

Well then they’d have to sacrifice graphics even more of map size, things which people care about. Rain isnt really a deal breaker, if it means that much then get an XB1. We’re lucky to be even getting it for the 360 since it looks awesome on the XB1 they could have left it at that. We wanted rain now we got it, hard to please everyone i guess.

1 Like

I don’t know why the 360 version even should be different in anything at all, except for the graphics perhaps. None of the features implemented in Horizon 2 are next gen at all. Not even the whole social racing part and showing of your ride, we’ve seen it all before in the 360. I’m starting to wonder why I would even buy a next gen console at all, except for slightly different graphics? Horizon 2 is a pure old gen game with some boosted next gen graphics, everything we’ve seen and heard so far could be done on the Xbox 360… easily.

Papa Benjamin is correct. In fact, he just convinced me to sell my Xbox One and send a lengthy email to Playground Games requesting that they immediately cease development of Horizon 2 for next gen. I politely advised them to use their time and resources more wisely, namely by reevaluating the benefits of decade-old hardware and preparing an employment package for Papa Benjamin.

1 Like

I doubt that was the intention of his post and it really didn’t warrant the D-tastic response there. What he was trying to say is that Horizon 2 could have made better use of the strengths of the next generation and could have offered more. Don’t get me wrong, I will be buying this game, and on 360 nonetheless, but it really isn’t THAT much different from Horizon 1 gameplay wise; at least from what we’ve seen so far. At this point in time at least, I’m not convinced about buying an Xbox One. I will reconsider this decision once information on Forza MS 6 begins to leak out.

-k

Since both of you have clearly played the final game extensively 6 weeks before the official release date, can you give us a comprehensive rundown of all these features, strengths and weaknesses, next-gen or otherwise? Bullet points would be cool. I would also like to know what you think of Forza 6’s car list.

Unlike the Need for Speed games, Forza Horizon allowed you to view the interiors of the 200 plus cars in the game with day/night cycles. Need for Speed has weather, yes, but there’s no cockpit views for the cars as a trade-off. Like Turn 10 said way back when, in a Q & A about Forza 4, that they would have to do some trade-offs like fewer cars/tracks, cars back to original Xbox models (think of it as GT5’s Standard cars), or reduce frame rate (Horizon 2 is 30 frames/second, I know).

With that information, don’t say that Horizon 2 is last-gen. The Xbox One version is the first racing game with detailed interiors for all cars and day/night/weather cycles that I’ve seen (Shift 2 only had night racing; Gran Turismo has the dull interiors of Standard cars). The 360 version is probably just going to be a recycled Horizon 1, just with a different location, different cars, and maybe more events. Sumo is just trying to be anonymous about the stuff in the 360 version, and more focused on LBP3 on PS4. The Xbox One version had its 15 minutes of fame already, and I want to find out more about the 360 version.

The car list and map should remain the same since it is the same game, just the base for engine is different, and thats car models. Atm the 360 version wont have weather, drivatars, and instant online features, which is fine since it is an older console.

If your purchasing decision of an X1 console is based on the next version of Forza, then how would these games being released for the PC using DirectX impact that same decision? We have both consoles and my kids prefer the 360 because that is still the console their friends are using. If your 360 crapped out, would you buy a new one? Would Pappa buy an X1 if all of his friends moved to X1s?