[Poll] Which ESRB or PEGI rating should the next Forza Horizon be?

Forza Motorsport yes, I get a PEGI 3 rating. Horizon is for everyone too, like all games are, but less for ‘everyone’. Everyone is allowed to play it imo. I mean, I played Carmageddon as a kid and I loved it. I didn’t turn into a violent serial killer. But a higher rating means what I wrote in my previous comment.

1 Like

And your response is uninspired.

I don’t have anything to say for now :smiley: . Ask @T10ManteoMax what he thinks abouth this topic.

Sorry

As well as street racing,i can’t see how the mowing down of livestock fits in with the 3 rating either.Its completely unnecesary to the the gameplay,and is presumably only there for the ‘amusement’ value. The dogs on track in particular are at best questionable,as is the ‘chicken’ nonsense in the rally dlc .

But you’re not supposed to be able to run them over. They run away when you try to hit them. Occasionally when you go fast enough you can ‘hit’ them but you just clip through them

So pegi 12 would mean only more “freedom of speech”?
Can’t really tell what is “normal” and what is “babying as around”, cause I don’t listen to dialogues :upside_down_face:
I know a word or two too, but that doesn’t mean that I/we need to use them. Would I be offended? No, but also can’t see how it could improve any of stories that we have. Maybe it was even “editors choice” to write them as that?
Although, I can’t really understand censoring songs. Either don’t add them or leave them as it is.

I guess I will stand with my first post → pegi 3, unless we go full story mode (e.g. drugs smuggling missions) and pegi 18(?). No middleground for me :wink:

PS. As I think about it now. It is kind of weird that allowing us to break speed limits, crash into anything, jump high, do races between traffic without any consequences is pegi 3.
And that comes from me, former streetracer/streetdrifter.

1 Like

It’s because the Horizon Festival is supposed to be completely legal and permitted. Don’t remember where I heard it, might be in one of the intro cutscenes of the games.

I didn’t say that with PEGI 12 they should include swearing and drugs, but a bit less childish and politically correct dialogue would be better than what we have currently. Now it’s like “everyone’s a winner!”, barely any competition at all. Even Darius is a friend now. Granted, I haven’t played Forza Horizon 1, so I don’t know what the relationship with him was like there. It’s all a bit too friendly and perfect to me.

Interesting perspective.
So you are looking for antagonist to beat or something like that?
I was always looking at FH as GranTurismo with open world. Maybe that is becasue I’ve started with FH4 (and only played few hours in FM).

You sure about that? I’m still pickin’ chicken feathers out of the grill of my McLaren from all the runs on The Narrows Rivals event :joy: !:chicken:!

2 Likes

Yep. All the “traffic cars” are professional stunt drivers, highly paid for their participation, all to add to the entertainment. Explains Drivatar behavior too doesn’t it :laughing: And all that roadside destruction that is rebuilt the next time you drive by ? Crack teams of Ninja Engineers drop out of Hotwheels Skybase and rebuild it almost instantly with high tech gadgets ! And you thought it was only there to drive around on :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…yeah, as it is, this isn’t a Racing Game, certainly not of Sim level, not even Arcade level really, it’s Fantasy Island ! Heck we even arrive in da plane boss ! Go. Have fun ! :wink:

What PEGI rating would allow Chevy SS emblems?

2 Likes

I’m surprised the forum bots let you type it here !

1 Like

Seeing that NFS has them, I’d say PEGI 12? I don’t think the rating even matters, it was a decision to not “offend” some players which is stupid.

1 Like

Medium left…then chicken!

2 Likes

FH1 was rated PEGI 12

Most the boss characters in that game were jerks. Some of them became “friendly” after, most didn’t and you probably didn’t want them to be either. Darius was the guy who won and was expected to win everything, making him the center of attention. Through the game you’d hear on the radio interviews with him that would increasingly annoy him as time went on because they were focused on the player instead of Darius himself.

The age rating of that game allowed for much more mature jokes that were for the most part disguised for ages under 12. You’d sometimes hear about drugs, they’d tease each other about who they’re attracted to, they’d make jokes about the size of a guy’s … stuff. For the most part it wasn’t said blatantly but it would be pretty obvious what they’re talking about if you’re over 18. Characters dressed way less conservatively but it also wasn’t tasteless. They could actually get away with a lot with PEGI 12 but most of the easily noticeable stuff was just the language and jokes they pushed the boundaries of.

Not everything aged perfectly but you can tell there’s a difference in design between FH2 and FH1 based on that rating.

4 Likes

Never knew that, that’s a really cool thing to have in the game! Wish something like that was back :smiley:

2 Likes

If you can find a way to play it I highly recommend it. It’s one of those games that most of the racing game community probably hasn’t played and they don’t know how much they’re missing. When you think of single player racing game stories, you probably think of something like Most Wanted (2005) or Race Driver: GRID. It feels a lot like those games since it most likely took its inspiration from them. It’s probably not as great as them, but it’s a very solid game that does some things better than even those games imo. Even the radio stations feel like a more tame GTA radio. You just want to listen to the hosts talk, it’s a highlight, especially Horizon Rocks. A lot of the story and lore takes place through the radio stations as well, so you can miss a lot of if you rush. Or you can just replay again while listening to different radio stations.

The reviews FH1 got at the time are a tragedy, honestly. Even if they’re not bad reviews it should’ve been more like the reviews 5 got.

2 Likes

Being a media darling was something FH1 sadly didn’t have the luxury of, I would go as far as saying both Forza franchises didn’t back then.

They’re seldom worth listening to though, they’re the same outlets that have been giving EA’s terrible sports games bloated scores for 10+ years now.

4 Likes