Official Forza Motorsport Cover Cars reveal

Official Forza Motorsport Cover Cars reveal

We’re excited to confirm your #ForzaMotorsport cover cars - meet the stunning 2023 No. 01 Cadillac Racing V-Series.R and 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray.

Tune in to the Xbox Games Showcase on June 11th for an up-close look at the cars, and see a full walkthrough of our single player career gameplay during Forza Monthly on June 13th! See you at the starting line.

June 2023

iJustine takes a look back at the history of Forza Motorsport cover cars and checks out Forza Motorsport’s two cover cars - the 2023 No. 01 Cadillac Racing V-Series.R and 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray - in real life, with insights from Kalvin Parker from Cadillac Racing, Cody Bulkley from Chevrolet, and Chris Esaki from Turn 10 Studios.

14 Likes

Great Scott! :heart_eyes:

Anyone knows what track is on the cover? COTA perhaps?

2 Likes

I believe they wouldn’t reveal game’s cover and promise “full walkthrough gameplay” if they don’t intend to give us release date and launch pre-orders :wink:

7 Likes

They did say late spring at the beginning of the year. Obviously things have moved further down the road since that is now. Probably the usual fall release time. No one said it was supposed to come out 1 year ago. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

5.5 liter naturally aspirated cross plane V8 that revs to the stratosphere. :ok_hand: Now we just need the ARX-06 and I’ll be beyond satisfied (and the 917k of course). Good job T10! Can’t wait to play it.

1 Like

Welp, observation time.

• You know how some things feel like someone’s hand got forced? Yeah, somebody’s hand got forced here. All that’s missing is a cheeky tweet from Turn 10 to the effect of “Dang it, Microsoft.”

• The track looks…odd. I’ve seen speculation that it’s Paul Ricard, but Paul Ricard doesn’t look like it’s in the middle of a desert or plain - not enough trees. Neither does COTA, IIRC. I’d be inclined to think Willow Springs, but Willow Springs doesn’t look like that, either.

• Cadillac V.Series is a good sign.

• Corvette E-Ray? Not so much. One thing about this series - usually, whatever the top-range or most recent car is in a particular brand lineup is what ends up in the game, and the other ranges can kick rocks (with only a few exceptions). Why do I bring this up? Well…

…no reason, really.

I really hope they didn’t take a look at the E-Ray and decide to disregard the C8 Z06 just because Motor Trend said (in a byline) it was quicker. Because Forza has pulled that kind of stuff before.

1 Like

I think this is the conscious push to get people excited about hybrids and EV’s. It seems petrolheads are all embracing the shift to “Zero Emmision” cars. What better place to promote that agenda than with a AAA racing title. I’m sure the Z06/Z07 will be in the game since it came out before, and there’s much more information on it (lap times, reviews etc).

Only reason we are seeing this at all is because the cover got sent out by mistake by xbox. We wouldnt hear anything for another 3 weeks otherwise.

Idk how you take “walkthrough of single player mode” to mean “look how pretty we are” :confused:

I know t10 don’t have a lot of good faith atm but cmon like.

3 Likes

Blame their prior actions for this. They’ve baited-and-switched people so many times now that it’s a requirement to view anything they say with harsh, uncompromising skepticism. Frankly, beyond the title and the possibility that it will release sometime between now and the heat death of the universe, there is nothing that this announcement or any other has said that should be treated as gospel, because the last time that happened, five cars on their “confirmed” car list got memory-holed several days later.

2 Likes

Very cool Cover Cars :sunglasses:

1 Like

The z06 isn’t on the cover because it already is in Automobilista 2 (i.e. not exclusive to forza), while the E - Ray hasn’t been in any PC or Console games.

1 Like

Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct are two separate events so I think you’re exaggerating a bit :wink:

9 Likes

Have you the “lotto numbers” as well?

You seem pretty certain whatever is coming in June won’t be shown on an “xbox console” :confused:

Your info about starfield is wrong btw

2 Likes

4k60 is what they are shown at. What the xsx is to do. Show me actual proof to the contrary that not just “it’s been done before” that it’s been pc. Otherwise it’s just hyperbole

Racing is niche compared to RPG. FM wouldn’t sell close to SF, so why have the same amount of hype? /OT

1 Like

Im so happy to see Imsa Lmdh cars probably we will see other Imsa or Wec cars in the game. Today I saw on Official Imsa instagram page shared this cover too. Its good to know Imsa and Forza are still cooperating.

2 Likes

“We’re finally happy to be able to tell you about our improved career mode, in the coming months that is, you’ll have to wait a little bit longer but we’re so excited to start talking about this amazing game with fans”

I’m certainly ready for FM8 aka FM reborn. Time to get acquainted with the new engine since it’ll be carried into FH6. FH5 was such a disappointment for numerous reasons, just didn’t have the same replay value of FH4.

I have no reason to have hope for this upcoming game but I also don’t have any expectations. After all this time, my only true hope is its a much smoother and less buggy game than our most recent Forza game.

is this the cover, or just the cover cars?