Offensive Lobby

Block them, report them and move on. Life’s too short man. I’d rather self censor than have big brother watching my racing commentary, and yeah I’ve dropped a few f bombs when frustrated.

If they know they are getting to you the more they will do it.

1 Like

Mute,block,report.
Move on.

1 Like

Best advice. My block list is now over 200 people and growing every week.

1 Like

I never join in with lobby chat. I either set up my own party or sit in the lobby with no mic. This way you can’t be blamed for being offensive and those that are being offensive you can report, block or both. We have been given the tools to help make our games better. Use them. I have over 300 players blocked from cheating, unsporting conduct or offensive chat. This is from just playing Forza.

How is it T10s responsibility to curb racism? You know how you solve this? Get a new lobby.

I am lvl 480 something, and have never heard this word uttered in a lobby. It can’t be that large of a problem. Also, why would T10 ban them for life? Racism isn’t illegal.

1 Like

If you believe racism isn’t illegal, you need to read the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct., which, among other things, sets the rules on such behavior:

"C. Communications & User Created Content
Do not create a Gamertag, profile content, Avatar content, in-game content, videos, or any other content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of:◦Profane words or phrases
◦Topics or content of a sexual nature
◦Hate speech
◦Illegal drugs or controlled substances
◦Illegal activities
◦Controversial religious topics
◦Notorious people or organizations
◦Sensitive current or historical events
◦Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

“•Do not create or share any content that is offensive or discriminatory; that advocates discrimination, hatred, or violence; or that promotes organizations devoted to those purposes based on considerations of:
◦Race
◦Ethnicity
◦National origin
◦Language
◦Gender
◦Age
◦Disability
◦Veteran status
◦Religion
◦Sexual orientation or expression”

The answer is not to argue with the person, but to REPORT THEM
then BLOCK them.

Xbox LIVE, whether in Forza Motorsport or other games, REQUIRES adhering to the regulations. Failure to do so, insulting others or disrupting game play with bad behavior, is a violation and must be reported as noted above so Xbox LIVE’s Policy Enforcement Team removes them from LIVE entirely.

2 Likes

Snowowl, I totally respect and agree that these terms are required for a friendly online community. But how can one adhere to these, when MS partners with a franchise that promotes behaviors that are prohibited per the TOS? Look at MS’s partnership with the call of duty franchise and all the stupid 420, pot, weed leaf player cards that promote the use of a controlled substance. Which rules do they decide to enforce? They seem inconsistent.

So Beetfarmer, here is a challenge for you to do if you really mean “Racism isn’t illegal” …
Get yourself a one way ticket (because this is all you will need) to some of the urban areas in Camden, NJ or Harlem, NY or Northeast Philadelphia, PA or Detroit, Michigan, etc. and then proceed to start spewing racial slurs as loud as you can as you walk through the neighborhoods, and report back to us here on the forum about your results.

1 Like

I live in Detroit and let me tell you, a flame thrower in Vietnam would have a much longer lifespan. Odds are you would not last but a few minutes but we probably would not know as they would more than likely never find the body

I didn’t say I promote, encourage or even agree with the idea of racism. But in the USA, racism isn’t illegal. And Xbox TOS may have authority to run their virtual world and punish those who exhibit racism, but simply put, playing online you are going to run into people who believe and practice racism.

How would this prove racism isn’t illegal? It might prove I would invite bodily harm upon myself, but it wouldn’t prove it illegal. All of those cities you listed have registered KKK political groups that pay for permit and organize rally’s. It’s not by any measure illegal.

It is in the UK. Or at least it is an aggravating factor when it come down to how the police and judiciary deal with you. If you say anything offensive in your own home then so be it. As soon as it becomes public though it is illegal…including the internet.

2 Likes

Anyone enaging in offensive behaviour is breaking the terms of service of Xbox Live. Blocking them will reduce the chances of you being matched up with those players in future, but without also reporting them you are just making them someone else’s problem.

1 Like

mearly offensive is not enough. you can find someone who is going to be offended by anything. and sometimes censorship goes to far. i got censored on here for using another term for barely tagging the wall. (before your repainting something you ******* off the old paint off). if you are easily offended avoid offensive places. maybe people shouldn’t be offensive but we already know they are. start a private lobby. i think i have learned to swear in 10 different languages playing forza. if a lobby is getting on my nerves i can either change lobbies or turn the chat volume all the way down. you dont need someone else to always take action when there. are actions you can take yourself.

if you found this post offensive you wouldn’t have to wait for a mod, the bottom link under my name is “block users posts”. you could click on that and solve the problem for yourself.

Comes with the territory unfortunately, my gamertag is a magnet for racist American hill billys, I just laugh when thier small brains can’t compute when I answer them in English with a British accent lol

2 Likes

see mex. someone is going to be offended by “American hill billys” and call you a racist. if you get on my neverves i’ll just tell that scottish guy you were running down his soccer team and let him have at you. you’ll know i’ lied, and i’ll know i lied but he wont know you lied. and to be honest i dont think he’ld care i lied. he cusses better than mark twain, i think its his favorite hobby.

He’s just bitter cos we pwned Braveheart lol

1 Like

I really cant see this thread going anywhere positive. There are measures in place that allow you to report ignorant, ill-informed people and while you may not hear about them being banned or notice that they aren’t on Xbox any more I assure you measures are taken to curb this kind of behaviour.

I find blocking offensive players and leaving the lobby is the best solution - Turn 10 has provided us with the tools to improve our game experience

I have been in lobbies with a bunch of great folks that all talk about “that guy”, when I tell them to block them and they never have to play against them again, they are surprised.

Also, try different lobbies… in the past I found C class horrible until I blocked a number of offenders

All what peeps need to keep doing is blocking and reporting. Eventually the ones that are getting blocked by lots of people will not be able to get into games and problem solved.

1 Like