New Motorsport Videos

hey guys!

anybody has a direct feed video download link?
youtube quality can do only so much

It wont be a ACC competitor in terms of physics.
It‘s going to be a Forza Motorsport game with much much better lighting & trees and not that much better track detail.
I believe the reason they did not show cockpit camera is that it’s not finished yet.

Is wheel rotation over 180 degree that difficult to achieve?

I cannot wait! Really looking forward to this. It’s been awhile since we had a new FM and this one is all brand new.

3 Likes

Can you tell me what I get for Christmas next year? You seem to be from the future.

3 Likes

“Gameplay Demo” :rofl: 30 seconds…
An xbox gfx demo but not gameplay… they show how realisitic a rock near the track is but it’s a racing game!
Noone cares about that rock while driving in cockpitview at 300km/h…
Multiplayer working? AI working? lots of questions…

1 Like

Shockingly reasonable take on the cockpit camera! :wink:
They have a cockpit screenshot up though which imo looks fantastic in terms of materials and lighting.

@ 180 degree … I guess it´s not easy, but I doubt it would be a major problem for Turn10.
Imo the problem is that, while it is great for wheel players to have a 1:1 representation, it usually doesn´t work well for controller players (looks super twitchy).
The way most sim-racers do it is certainly not an option for Turn10, who have mostly customers using controllers.
I think they would basicly have to code two different animation systems, or find a good way to smooth out full rotations.

1 Like

Yeah no one cares when thing are done properly but when they are not people start to complain. GT7 for example has beautiful graphics yet the big portion of players are complaining about the low quality of environment and textures compared to car models. Or just do a lap on the Nordschleife in Project CARS and tell me you are not bothered by the tree models.

Don’t get me wrong its fine if they improve the quality of the models but it’s a racinggame so most important thing is: Can i hop in with friends or randoms and race!
I can do in some games (even for 24h racing without interruption) forza is/was none of these games.

So yeah i dont care atm if the rock (most of the time noone notices) was done via photogrammetry or someone did sculpting/modelling by hand. U cant tell the difference later ingame…

It’s just a graphics showcase. On the 16th we will get more info. And in the next 8-11 months numerous events. Of course they want to build up hype rather than reveal everything right now.

1 Like

@STR3LA - what’s on on the 16th?

We just had the extended show yesterday with nothing in it. Is there another stream to come?

I hate that Turn 10 does this. The drip feed of info just to build hype is infuriating. I completely understand why they want to generate excitement, but seeing this is going to be dripped over the course of a year, is just too much.
Hopefully I find some way of not paying attention to FM2023, but seeing that I have been active on this site since the announcement; I doubt I’m going to be successful in ignoring the hype. Oh well. I can always not believe the hype, but avoiding it? Not going to happen.

2 Likes

Forza Monthly

The Forza Monthly is live in 2 hrs Forza Monthly | June 2022 - YouTube

Forza Monthly - basically said nothing new - poo

But I did get the impression they really do want to focus a bit more on actual racing cars/series which I hope they do as we already have tones of street cars in Horizon.

I’d like to see daily and weekly racing on tracks so you can actually put in some practice to come up with tire and fuel strategies along with more casual lobbies too :slight_smile:

“basically said nothing new - poo”

I am confused why you said nothing new. They introduced many bug fixes, several new cars, a new type of rivals events, brought back horizon story co-ops, they talked about the Horizon academy, as well as some history behind the dlc… just to name a few. Overall it was a great stream imo. As well as learning about @PTG_Stuzib85, who is super talented. I didn’t know he got his liveries posted on irl cars before which just screams talent and dedication. Maybe its just my inner geek but I love learning about the talents of the Forza Community. As well as the history locked behind it.

1 Like

Wheel rotatiion/cockpit animation has at least doubled, you can see it in the trailer at multiple points where the driver steers with a hand going past the 12oclpck position. If you watch the incar bit of the formula drift cars you can clealy see the wheel is turned 180 degrees. So there is atleast have 360 degree animated now

1 Like

in the forza monthly stream yesterday it was explained:

FM before calculated one contactpoint per tire
FM 2023 will calculate 8 contactpoints per tire in a 6 times faster speed = 48 times better tire physics

The problem is, in the game play portion if the showcase reveal; Esaki seemed to suggest that the entire physics engine was 48 times faster, not specifically the tires.

Having a better tire model than what has been in Forza Motorsport 7, would be a giant step forward for realistic handling. Perhaps that would get rid of the tub of water feeling weight transfer, and we’d be able to catch the tires stepping out when using simulated steering…

Speaking of Sim steering. If the tires are good enough, then maybe that will go away? The assist would just be for either wheel or controller, instead of; “assisted, normal and sim steering” settings.

the evolution of driverphysics in both Horizon and Motorsport was always a step forward when the next title arrives. I doubt there is much problem.

It was just funny when he said “48times better physics” in the showcasetrailer, but nobody knew what does it mean…

Because we are chatting about Forza Motorsport in this forum not FH5 - so with that in mind they didn’t really have anything new to say they hadn’t shown or said elsewhere for Forza Motorsport.

2 Likes