Lets all congratulate Sony and Gran Turismo

I just want to congratulate Sony and Gran Turismo on the outstanding financial success that the launch of Forza Motorsport (2023) has been. I’ve seen myriads of irate purchasers and players of Motorsport that have been so appalled by the launch failure of Motorsport that they have decided to drop ~$1,000 on the direct competition. It is honestly amazing that they’ve managed to drop the ball that hard.

35 Likes

I’m seriously thinking about getting a PS5 to play GT7 or just stick to Assetto on the PC for a while. lmao what a disgrace.

24 Likes

Likewise, I’m going to get the PS5 with GT shortly that I tested at my brother’s, a game very, very above this Forza on many points and keep my series x a little longer because I have my gamepass subscription for 1 year and then given the pathetic level and disappointment of the latest Microsoft games (halo, redfall, a pathetic Forza and a not-so-wonderful and oversold Starfield) I’m thinking of parting with them if it continues like this.

6 Likes

I also bought the PS4, PS5 combo version of GT7, for $45 USD, on a Black Friday, sale.

I have a PS4, and while the game looks fine and functions properly since it was originally a cross-gen title, I’m also hoping to get a PS5, for Christmas, to play it at max fidelity and resolution.

I know it’s a meme, but “My day is ruined and my disappointment [in Forza Motorsport] immeasurable” aptly describes how I feel about how badly T10, screwed up this game. I never thought I’d live long enough to see them fall this far from greatness. It’s sad because I’ve been with the series for almost 20 years like a lot of people. C’est La Vie.

13 Likes

I hear you. I saw a video about a new update for GT7 and I was like ‘wow…’

GT7 has nice features and challenges. None of that is in FM8. Just the same career races over and over again. I really hope they add and change some things in FM8.

9 Likes

and after that gorgeous AI and FFB update also AMS2

AMS 2 Just Became The Best Single Player Experience With One Update

7 Likes

1000$ ??? In Gold or what?

429,00€ for the PS5 Disc Version with GT7 as Bundle - Absolut Game Changer

2 Likes

Yeah man it really is a sweet game now,and my 3090 will run it at 8k with dsr locked to 60fps,not a jaggie in sight,rofl

1 Like

I live in the great white north where we use ‘devalued trudeaubucks’ as currency. Everything is stupid-price up here. System with gt7 after tax is nearing very close to 1k CAD

2 Likes

610 CAD

SONY PlayStation 6 (PS6) Price In Canada | Pre-order And Release Date - Pricesinfo Ca

I was checking out the AMS2 update today, and my God.

This is what Forza Motorsport should have released, like.

I know a lot of people like to use AMS2 to relive historical races, but I was racing modern GT3 cars… High quality 2022, 2023 models made by modders that are good enough to be included in the base game… Around Spa, and it was a sublime experience. It was better than ACC, that specializes in GT3, cars.

This was on a Xbox Series X controller, too.

The change to the physics have also helped controller users which is something I’m sure was an unintended side effect?

The AI in AMS2, makes the AI in FM look like a high schooler’s first attempt at programming AI for their computer science, class. It’s just that much better on every level, it’s not even fair to compare them.

It’s sad, Forza Motorsport has fallen so far to where it’s not even on par with the competition, anymore. It’s going to take a miracle I don’t think T10, have in them to turn this dumpster fire around and salvage what little reputation remains of the Forza, brand.

11 Likes

Yes sir I’ve gotta give credit where credit is due, GT7 has become a smash hit. I haven’t been able to stop playing it honestly and have decided to do a world tour with all the cars in the game!

500k+ people have posted hot laps in the time trials this month and seems to only be growing. I haven’t had this much fun since GT4 tbh. The passion for cars oozes from this game and couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

I’ll keep tabs on FM’s progress but as of right now I’m just about done if nothing changes. Been waiting for over a month to do what I want in the game (class E hoppers) and yet nothing. No road map in sight except 2 new tracks in the future, game needs content badly!!!

12 Likes

I got PS5 slim with GT7 as well… I’m happy because now I can enjoy cars made with attention to every detail and maybe because it’s my first GT the whole experience is fresh and new. Having that and 20+ titles that I want to play from ps plus extra is more than enough to get me through the winter.

The thing I’m happy about the most is that I can sit back, relax, play some great games and look what T10 will do. They dropped the ball massively but I hope they’ll recover. It’s better for both GT and Forza when both titles are at a high lvl.

8 Likes

It’s important to remember this because while it might be “fun” to crap all over T10 and FM… Deservedly so in this case… It’s not cool when there is a monopoly in the market, and you have no alternatives.

There is also this misconception racing games are a niche genre. They might not be as big as FPS, or RPGs… But it’s not because they’ve ever fallen out of favor over the decades, contrary to what certain YouTubers, and the media, claims. It’s because the quality of most modern, mainstream racing games isn’t good, so only the die hard racing fans play them.

There demand for racing games never went away. It’s just that many publishers and developers aren’t providing good racing games people want to play at the end of the day.

5 Likes

Totally agree,

One thing that I will give turn10…Forza has a wide veriaty of more recent cars. On the other hand the quality of the models is meh at best. I saw older bmw m3 from 2000s in GT7 and thought…F yeah xD Looks epic.

Some may take offense with that but… If you have the money buy ps5 and if you’re on pc try AC, ACC or AMS2. Not the best solution but if you don’t enjoy FM it’s better than sitting and waiting for fixes. It’ll take months.

4 Likes

I 100% agree with you here and honestly I do not at all enjoy pouring the rain on Turn10 even when they deserve it. However I am extremely thankful to have something of high quality to play while I wait for them to hopefully fix this game.

I don’t want Forza to die because I do agree that competition drives excellence! It’s why I believe GT7’s models and presentation are absolutely top notch. They got shredded for the non-premium PS2 car models in GT5/GT6 and that has a lot to do with pressure from other racing games.

Now every car that comes into GT7 is so high quality it makes the me sit in awe sometimes.
Gives the same feelings I had when Turn10 came out with Forzavista in FM4! I hope Turn10 can get this new FM back there but in the meantime GT7 is definitely the better game for now.

Oh hey and another fun fact that we should congratulate Polyphony Digital on, how many cars were left out of GT7 that were in GT Sport?!? Take a guess. From what I see a measly single car was lost in the transition to the new game!

With how other racing games have been ummm omitting cars in their new games just to add them back later it’s a breath of fresh air.

4 Likes

So. Here’s my .02 on GT7 after picking up a PS5 slim the other day. IMHO it has a lot more to do and the car models are better, but it falls short in the game play dept. The handling model is definitely not better than FM. Neither is the sound. GT7 almost feels stale. I’m also not a fan of the massive glints ( don’t much like glints in general tho so there’s that ). I definitely enjoy the driving in FM more than GT7 and that should say all you need. These are racing games after all.

FM just feels better where it matters. The car handling. Sony’s Sophy Ai is about as annoying as FM’s. The non-sophy Ai is just a bunch of robots driving around the track. I’ll take the more aggressive and somewhat dumb FM Ai over GT7s any day. Even with all the assists off, GT7 feels too ‘on the wire’. FM smokes GT7 in the handling dept if you’re after authentic feel of cars. GT7’s handling doesn’t feel unique to each car. It’s like they have one model for everything.

Honestly the things that GT7 does better than FM really don’t matter in the grand scheme.

5 Likes

Racing, Football (American) and Soccer, are the top three sporting events worldwide. It’s just a matter of statistical manipulation as to which one is on top for any given report.

If the game studios would put out a realistic racing game (not necessarily a sim), covering a multitude of racing classifications.

Complete with realistic car building, race certification process, racing advancement. And actual race environment of practice, true qualifying, a true set starting grid based on qualifying, and properly programmed AI.

Some games do some of this. But no game does it all. Do it all and a game could rule the field.

1 Like

Were this any of the other Forza Motorsports, I would agree.

However, being that this is Motorsport 2023, I have to strongly disagree. The AI in Motorsport 2023 are homicidal idiots. Dealing with the robotic non-Sophy opponents in GT7 is almost refreshing in comparison. At least there I don’t have to worry about being brake-checked at random points while going in a straight line. Given the choice of practicing my overtaking on what amounts to a high-speed conga line or wondering if I’ll be able to clear pit exit without a Drivatar yeeting themselves into my passenger door…give me the conga line any day.

As for the handling and physics, again, I can’t agree. Gran Turismo 7, I can get into a car and go. It’s entirely up to me if I want to keep it stock or build it up to whatever limits the event puts on me. But whatever path I choose, every car I choose has a unique feel and every car I choose handles exactly as I would expect. Motorsport 2023? Well, those cars can handle the same way, but only after you grind out and unlock everything needed to make them handle right. Most cars are understeering piles of garbage; even stock cars that are proven corner-carvers simply plow off of the track at the first opportunity. I’ve owned two BRZs, and you know what I’ve never had to do? Install adjustable track-capable suspension kits, wider tires, and anti-sway bars to kill off understeer. But in Motorsport 2023, I have. Didn’t have a choice, really.

In GT7, there’s a challenge where you take the Peugeot 908 HDi P1 race car around Le Mans for a flying lap, and it handles exactly as you would expect a multi-million dollar P1 Le Mans racer to handle: grip for ages, unbelievable speed and acceleration, and steering so precise it pushes you to not just find the limits of the car, but to flirt with going right over that edge. Take the same car and go to the same track and attempt to drive as GT7 (and reality) asks, and the back end will immediately decide that you and it should trade places; that you might be traveling at 175 mph doesn’t matter. Then there’s the case of the Ferrari 488 GTB, which has ridiculous understeer combined with snap oversteer.

I’ve seen it argued that the default setups are horrible; meanwhile, I and others think the physics model itself might be flawed. Whatever the case is, Motorsport 2023 gets so much wrong about the cars it depicts that the end result is just not at all enjoyable.

9 Likes

I think GT7 is as hyped as FM8, there’s lack of variety in Console market which leads to hype and monopoly of these games. PC has far more choices and variety.

1 Like