Just some ideas/suggestions/words I wanted to get out.

As with everyone else here, there are things I’d like to see in future games.

Visuals

• In the vinyl editor it would be nice if we were given the feature to bend shapes. There are times where a certain curve is needed, but to make it you got to use 3 or 4 different shapes, and even then you may not be able to get the curve as perfect as you want with out using more shapes. If we were able to bend a shape, then skew it, we might be able to achieve that curve with fewer shapes having to be used for that 1 bit. Cutting down on the amount of shapes needed for various curves would increase the amount of detail the really good artists can put into their designs.
  • The limit to custom body kits is something we all know, and I can understand the hassle of trying to create a special bumper, or side skirt or wing for every individual car. The amount of effort and time it would take keeps the developers from working on other parts of the game. How ever there is an fix for this, a fix that would allow every single car to get not just 1 or 2 special body kits, but possibly hundreds, or thousands of unique body kits. Create a system like the vinyls, but for body kit parts. You get a basic bland bumper that you can resize, and a list of vents, scoops, and so on that people can place and merge together. This would allow for a much greater range of individuality to player’s cars, instead of 3 people rolling up in say a 350Z all with the same body kit but just a different livery.
  • More rim choices, and the ability to mark rims as your favorite for quick access when building a new car. More choices = more capability for people to make their car their own.

Performance
Really the only issue I have with performance is the PI index. This system really needs to be ironed out, and improved.
-Speed: How is it that a car that has a speed of 10 is slower than a car with a speed of 9.2? For example, the Saleen S7. Do y’all not know that this car had managed to hit 240 mph in the real world? Yet when you first get it, it doesn’t go much beyond 200 and then when fully upgraded it tops out in I think the 250’s? If I remember right the car barely made it past 240 when fully upgraded before I had tuned it. Additionally, some cars seem to have a locked speed in some way. You’ll be going for a top speed run, hit and blow past 250 like it’s nothing, watching the numbers rise and rise at a fairly quick pace. Then you hit say 257 and the car just seems to stop wanting to go faster, even though you still have plenty of gearing, and just before that you blew through 255 and 256 as though the car still had a LOT more speed in it.
-Tuning: The PI really needs to be affected by tune, cause through tuning you can get cars to perform as good or better than cars in the next class up. I got an A800 Lotus 340 that I spent some time tuning. When tuning a car there is a track I like to run to test the cars, and on that track I have gotten a 1:02 with this little lotus. Yet I hop into an S1 BMW that I also tuned, and after doing lap after lap the best I managed to get was a 1:03. Why is it that an A class car is able to out perform an S class, and how is it fair that I can use this A class car against other’s in A class that aren’t running a tune. I’ve been in that position, years ago using cars that I just slapped parts into and raced. Then watched as some of my competitors just took off as though they were in a whole other class. The performance of their cars certainly was due to the tune, but because the PI was just based off parts the car was rated in a lower class.

• The PI scale also needs a revamp. Figure out what the slowest car in the game is, set the speed rating at 0 for that speed, and then like 400mph (644kph) for rating of 10. We have the technology to simulate drag and friction effects and so forth, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility to get a car’s top speed based off it’s drag, power/weight, and other physics. Similar things could be done with handling, braking, acceleration, and so on. As the PI system stands now, it’s borderline useless other than to give a vague idea of what the car can do, and I use vague in a vague sense. For some cars the stats are fairly good, but then you have other cars such as the 6x6 raptor in FH4 that has high handling rating, but actually handles like a beached whale.

If PI is going to also be based on the category the car is in, then that needs to be made clear. So if the Lotus 340R is being graded as an extreme track toy, then A class in that category would/should be better than S class in Super Saloon category. How ever that would still be pointless to do if a tuned A800 class 340R is still able to hold its own against an untuned S900 class car while an untuned A800 340R is left eating dust.

a suggestion i just thought of when it comes to fine tuning the car would be a fully customizable transmission. i mean one where if we choose to have a race transmission we can select how many gears we want for a car. higher number when it comes to vehicles that have a higher number of gears like some cars have more than 6 gears. or those that only had 5 gears can still be fully tunable

It could bring back the tracks Ladera Test Track Circuit and Sunset Peninsula Club Raceway Circuit???
There is an amazing track called Surfer’s Paradise from TOCA Race Driver II that should be in every racing games!
Should bring the Jaguar XJR-15 too to the Forza Motorsport 8. The Ford GT90, the Italdesign BMW Nazca C2, cars that are missing in all modern racing games.