July 27 Update stuck, manual c++ package install doesnt work

Hotfix Update will not load for today.

Visual C++2015 Package Install also seems to not work as qell.

same

Got a win 11 update today, and giigged my FH%

so with the shadow drop of the “bug fix” update today my game refuses to update. i have tried restarting my PC MULTIPLE times and every time all it does is reinstall “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package” and progress is eternally at 0% downloaded. another snafu by the devs in an already shodddy environment? go figure. if i have to uninstall/reinstall this train wreck YET AGAIN i will simply uninstall this steaming pile and put it in my rear view mirror. i am sick and tired of the lackluster and questionable quality control by T10/PGG.

yes, windows 11. i am not the only one with this issue either. plenty of people over on Reddit are reporting the same problem. i uninstalled the game and now it won’t reinstall. i just uninstalled the xbox app as well. i’m done with this frustration.

Well it’s definitely something with gaming-services. and the powershell uninstall method worked for me.

For reference ill post my version numbers to compare

Microsoft Store (22306.1401.1.0)
Xbox App (2307.1001.5.0)
Gaming Services (13.78.12002.0)
Microsoft GameInput (10.1.22621.3036)
Xbox Live in-game experience (1.24.10001.0)

1 Like

My game won’t update. Stays queued forever.

1 Like

i tried the power shell gaming services uninstall/reinstall multiple times and it didn’t work for me. even after uninstalling and reinstalling both the Xbox app and Microsoft Store i still can’t get this cursed game to install.

Please upvote the topic if you’re also having the same issue after the latest update.

ehkm… id rather wait…

Attempting UWP install with out powershell either deleted some focusrite .dlls and or forza is untimely… if it doesnt install this morning after reiniciating the focusrite .dlls i might try to the powershell option…

its no different…

I believe this missing package name words are …2022 Redistributable(space, version number) but i was doing alldis just to have my audio interface not work, or who knows what else app… Forza Alternatively Failed to update the Visual C++ package when they loaded in the hotfix… :frowning:

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?! I PAID FOR THIS GAME AND DEMAND TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT!!!

Yeah, this looks like an update package issue. It installs some C++ component and thinks it’s done. Once the C++ component is installed, I get a notification that C++ is ready to play and at that point the installer gets stuck in a loop where it seems to want to install some more C++ UWP component but won’t.

I am able to install other games and applications in the same way without issue. Should be an easy fix, just a question of when?

1 Like

Same here:

• Failed to update and stuck at 0% forever
  • After removing the game, now I cannot install and stuck at 0%
  • Installation of other games (FH3, FH4) are good

What I have tried so far (nothing works):

• Repair and reset Microsoft Store, Xbox, Gaming Service from both setting and powershell
  • Reinstall current version of Windows without touching my personal files
  • Reinstall windows SDK
  • Install the game through Microsoft store instead of Xbox app
  • Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package

same.

The hotfix seems to have been cancelled and the hotfix no longer appears; I am able to launch the game with the previous version that did not have the hotfix applied.