January 25 livestream reveal | Developer_Direct

4:40

They will may be present a new car who isn’t announced yet, for the cover car.

1:01: “This year we announce the 6-year partnership with Porsche”

That would mean this partnership ends this year. I wonder if that means anything for us… :thinking:

1 Like

I agree, If i didn’t know better, judging by the comments I would think i was being spoon fed by ultra patient bots, in a narrative control campaign. I am quite sure what everyone wants to know is where is the Q1 release?, according to the narrative in the comments with the Q3 insertion by one i saw… I feel lead down the yellow brick road. So for me and I am sure the vast majority, exactly when will it be released?

It’s a worrying detail indeed, but not all Porsche is lost. Because the Porsche 911GT3 (992) appeared in the demonstration video in June 2022.

I don’t think it could mean removing all Porsche models from Forza, that could be a deadly blow for the series - especially if literally any other game on the market can have those cars :smiley:

1 Like

From description
" the Developer_Direct will focus on big features, extended gameplay showcases, and the latest info for Xbox games launching in the next few months"

It sounds pretty boring to me. Heard that before most probably.

Get around to make a Forza Monthly instead with more deep about devs progress…where is it?

I think we can expect Forza Monthly later this week, it could be announced as soon as today. Series 16 in Forza Horizon 5 is coming to an end so devs need to showcase new content for another month soon - and someone from Turn 10 (Chris Esaki perhaps) will probably show up on the occasion too to elaborate on things presented at Developer_Direct (or at least repeat them) :wink:

2 Likes

And here you go :smiley:

(Yes, that’s Let’s Go but this stream usually accompanies Forza Monthly so I expect the second announcement very soon :wink: )

1 Like

Whelp, I guess I will have to eat my hat.
This does soften my hype a bit, but I guess I’ll cling to the fact that they are clearly marketing the game way more with that slogan than they did with Forza 7.

Be sure to tune in on Thursday for a follow-up Forza Monthly livestream on www.twitch.tv/Forza:

Thursday, January 26, 2023 5:00 PM

5 Likes

@sui0boyang @Draugnimir
Look at the porsche in the back of the picture of forza monthly. I know it still dosent make it 100% that porsche will be in the game (see lancia in FH5 engine sound trailer), but there is hope.

2 Likes

Im actually concerned with the lack of marketing and with that the lack of hype. The long wait has not been kind to turn 10, whenever a gran turismo game is about to release after 5 years theres a lot of talk about it, with this game theres nothing but crickets. The fact that this game is set to release in a couple of months and so far we’ve only seen 2 cgi trailers and a “gameplay demo” of a gt3 car driving at 100mph around a few corners. Tomorrows event better have some actual gameplay or im pretty sure this game is getting delayed till at minimum the fall.

That image for upcoming Forza Monthly is such a ravaging picture, full of character and beauty. It’s a bit of the winter and christmas spirit where you light up candle lights feel.

I come to think of how we want adjustable headlights which I very often have complaints about. Once car is setup and ride height and pitch you want head lights to serve you well for night races. Also half and full range as street cars have to really spot upcoming turns(as no other in front of you of course).

Would be great to hear if devs are in “polish” phase as Greenawalt put it. It should have started by now if on schedule.

1 Like

i think the new motrosport will surprise us. i have faith in Chris Asaki.
First I hope we will get proper clubs like in FM4, where you could share cars, liverys, tunes ect with your members.
Also i hope the driving feel wont change much fom FM7, maybe more stable like in FM4 would be good.

1 Like

I think difference will be substantial increasing the calculations rate 6 times each frame on 60 fps and many more spots on tires. If they get this right, that is. If you start loose tracktion and can compensate without calculations are out of bounds. A car at high speed and calculate once every frame on one spot is not enough.

ACC went all overboard on this and you spend more time configuring a car than driving it to behave like any standard street car, and take a turn in 70 kph. The most telling was a video on being racing driver for 25 years actually bought car configurations for ACC not having to deal with it. That’s sick.

I think the looks of FM7 is good enough and expect nothing more from next Forza. Hope there will be settings to what you prefer to spend cpu+gpu on - looks or performance. But look forward to new locations of various sorts more than anything. I just find surroundings brings important feel to driving.

Deleted

1 Like

@BookishFlunky90 I hope there will be a perfomance - looks setting, cause as we saw with FH5 frames matter a lot on lap time (tho hope they will fix this).
I hope they brong fujimi kaido and camino viejo back. Also tsukuba and motegi.

@Nursemorph well at least the ingame UI is mostly the same, as we saw form the e3 showcase.

1 Like

Thanks.
Yes, I also felt they talked about a kind of retro look over what was in the past too, but with heavily boosted driving feel to it all. But not sure what is about retro career modes or something else.

Maybe tomorrow we will know more…

2 Likes