Increase Drift Point multiplier for Driftzones so players can beat there Series 1 Pbs again

Since Series 2 Update the drift community basically shrink down by 90% due to the devs reducing smth in the alogrithm for driftpoints so you get about 20% less driftpoints in ALL Driftzones… For some players (me included) hunting down personal bests in driftzones was the most fun thing in the game. But now my and others motivation to play the game active is very low. Please PGG increase the driftzone points by 20-23% so everyone will be able to beat there scores in Driftzones again and play the game more active. shouldnt be too hard lets be real

11 Likes

100%

7 Likes

Totally agree, its just sad that they did that, i mean they couldve atleast wiped the leaderboard… But again, they sadly dont listen to the community ;(

9 Likes

The decrease is is by approx (1275000/1560000)x. This decrease is so large, it is impossible to get close to your old Personal Bests if your skill level doesnt change from before compared to after the update

5 Likes

Before the update my cara este pb was 1.51 million or so and now it is 1.26 million

SO i thought 20-23% was a good idea since they removed that the holes in the road doesnt give points. now they do

5 Likes

Yeah agreed they should change it to how it was before, along with a cleanup of leaderboards. A month or so ago i wouldve stuck with current point multiplier and a leaderboard reset but now the reverse thing in FD cars has been revealed to be SOO broken on the new point multplier id prefer the old one, even with the dead spots that got no points.

7 Likes

Yes please

4 Likes

I agree with you, but in my opinion if they don’t want to fix (increase) the point system at less they must reset/clean all the leader point

5 Likes

totally agree to kenpai. driftzones were the only reason in horizon 4 to play over long time. the case we have in horizon 5 makes absolutely no sense. playground games pls change this !

4 Likes

Agree totally with this. By all means fix the issues with scoring making them more uniform, but reset the original boards back to zero, it kind of makes sense.

4 Likes

I see 2 possible options to this: either support allows you to reset all your scores so hunting PB’s can be a thing again - or PGG fixes the scoring system alltogether - with or without potholes in the road.

Can a dev - or atleast a business analyst - make a report on the drift zone scores today and before the update?
Recycling old cars is not going to do it.

The drift story was nice, but I guess we all finished that in less than an hour.

If you need consultancy on that, call me. I’m available, PGG…

4 Likes

What if they had 2 sets of leaderboards for everything. An all time leaderboard (current) which never resets, as well as a new seasonal leaderboard which resets every 4 months.

The new seasonal leaderboard would become the default view whereas the all time leaderboard would require a button press or scroll to view.

When the seasonal leaderboard resets you’re awarded a badge and accolade based on your place on each leaderboard. You can also view your pbs from previous seasons. These never go away.

That way no matter what changes, bugs or cheats happen in a season it will only effect the all time leaderboard which evidently they will never reset.

4 Likes

Yes!! This is a HUGE problem.

Please please please fix this.

I cannot believe it’s been left it like this for so long. It’s a disaster. Effectively removing competitive drift zones from the map.

I can only imagine it’s not been prioritised because it’s been lumped in as a leaderboard issue along with all the hacking issues, but it’s not the same problem.

We’re able to look beyond the “faked” scores and find out for ourselves who is legit but as the game currently is it’s impossible to have a straight competition with the two tier (before & after adjustment) scores.

I’d happily take a clean slate and fresh start if it meant a level field moving forward.

Great games come down to gameplay. Don’t take this highly skilled and competitive gameplay part of the game away from us. Drift zone leaderboards are a huge part of the arcade appeal of the game.

Thank you Kenpai for raising this and hopefully bringing the attention the issue deserves.

6 Likes

100% with ALL posts above.

4 Likes

Yasssss!!! This is my BIGGEST problem with forza 5! And quite frankly with the lack of ranked open drift, and the s1 restriction on available vehicles, I’m quite bored with the game! I can’t ever try to beat my scores on any drift zone in the game! I set some scores very early on, and after the first update they nerfed the scoring, so I can’t even try to beat my top score, which for me used to be a daily event! I’m so mad they nerfed the scoring system!! Either fix it or reset the scores! I can’t believe a developer would take out one of the funnest things in the game!! Like why would you do that?? Fix it please!!

9 Likes

The drift community gets very little love on Forza. No Ranked, No choice on lobby type, awd and rwd stuck together. So of course they just break the break the drift zones and leave them broken.

6 Likes

Yep, it’s impossible to get over old high scores, the boards are jaded due to the nerf.

4 Likes

Plz fix this or at least reset leaderboards

5 Likes

This is the first time P4RZIV4L75 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

P4RZIV4L75

12m

Plz fix this or at least reset leaderboards

Welcome - resetting the leaderboards is something I’ve wanted for a long time - mainly due to the amount of cheaters up there.

3 Likes

They should have fixed it by now, pity we have to resort to every bit of trying to see meaningful gameplay changes. The Unbeatable AI inconsistencies are still there 6+ months post launch :pensive:

4 Likes