I think Turn 10 need to make some form of statement

Before this gets out of hand. The game is getting some serious (quite rightly) flack regards multiple issues:

Poor Graphics (both optimisation and visually) (and I’m running this on an ultrawide mon, PC, most options turned up and it gets anywhere from 72-130FPS!!
Bugs - crashes to desktop, disconnections - Turn 10 games use to be rock solid.
Poor design - proximity markers for cars - get the ACC radar in there.
Features missing - No accelerated tire wear or qualifying etc in private multiplayer?
Safety rating online - unless it’s going to settle down, it just doesn’t work. 2 weeks in you shouldnt be putting up with people ramming you off track when you are S/A safety. All players should start LOW and work UP. And the rating scale should be widened so no ping ponging between S & A (which I feel most are doing).

6 years - and this? The driving is fine (not spectacular, but fine), although I think that’s heavily tainted by a huge prevalence to understeer on early cars/races - possibly set up to help newcomers into the game, but it doesn’t feel great ‘out of the box’.

Even a statement and acknowledgement of their top priorities, upcoming patches etc. Asobo do it with FS2020, other developers do it so well (Baldurs Gate!).

The game has potential, but needed (after 6 years), another 6-12 months of polishing.

Such a shame.

37 Likes

Yeah cuz that’s what we need, another black background white print saying “how sorry we are and we know the standard our community holds us to and we did not deliver. We apologize greatly and thank you all for the support we will be doing our very best to make this the best title yet.”

Although promoting the game before anyone forked up money the game was the best we would ever get. Built from ground up, new 800 customization options this that and the other. This game is riddled eith bugs. Game breaking what is this crap.
I was in middle of race and the sound completely cut out. But when press Xbox home button imy tv makes the whoosh sound. So it’s this broken game.
Why are these rt reflections horrendous even when viewing the car in the car bay the trees from outside look like Minecraft. Why when upgrading a car does it freeze on the screen applying upgrades and when restarting t we lose our progress. Or worse case files get corrupted and we lose everything.
And why is this static camera when upgrading have the worst possible angles. Trying to put spoiler on GTI but it’s blocked by the UI seriously nobody tested any of this??? Why in multiplayer is there sometimes a humongous shadow. Floating above me the entire race also turn 10 when you describe something such as installing a turbo and it having manual boost controller you give us manual control over how much boost we are using. Just a thought. Also should fix the colours on some rims do gold and looks exactly like chrome.

this is so pathetic and embarrassing it’s scary this industry is so low right now idk how much lower it can get. Yet they are making billions off ppl who say well give them some time they’ll update the game it’s alright.

12 Likes

You forgot the most important issue other than visuals - hanging on applying upgrades/tuning/buying cars.
I wish I could play but this happens ever race or 2.

8 Likes

I agree.

They need to apologise and issue daily updates as to what they are doing to remedy this.

Personally, I think it’s too late, the game is dead now to me. Lifelong Forza fan, never thought I’d be saying that.

If they only took a look at the Steam rating you’d think they’d be on a massive PR damage limitation exercise, but they’re not.

I also have a support ticket open with Forza about poor performance, and having supplied as requested, my specs, and videos of the issues, 13 days have passed without a follow up reply.

16 Likes

I think an apology Won’t Be Enough for How much Microsoft is Charging for Games now a Multi Trillion Dollar Company Microsoft - statistics & facts | Statista Just Because PlayStation Increased there AAA Games to $70-£70 Doesn’t Mean Microsoft Had to as well that’s Just Being Greedy to increase there profits when the Game has Been out for a Year the game will go down to 20 or 30$/£ depending on were you live as I know it varies Alot in the USA for the physical copy of the Game

4 Likes

The condition of this game (and their silence about it) is their statement.
…and it speaks volumes - is anyone listening to what that says?

Besides, at this point, is there anything else they could say that wouldn’t be met with justifiable skepticism?
There’s no convincing reason to expect them to do better going forward, so anything they offer seems likely to be just more questionable claims (“bUiLt FrOm ThE gRoUnD uP”) and more vague platitudes (“oUr CoMmUnItY’s FeEdBaCk Is ImPoRtAnT tO uS”).

12 Likes

Dont forget the lighting in cockpit view is overly glowy unless using RT. FM7 could do baked in lighting much better. They focused so hard on weather they could. They didn’t think if thay should.

Also reflections need to be drawn in for a few frames. This is done by a vanishing effect. Its distracting at best and at worst it makes the games road look like a strobe light when the window wipers are on during a rain race.

1 Like

This game is such a let down. My refund got denied. Game constantly crashes or performance dips so much after one race it’s unplayable. Thanks for taking my $100 USD and running, Turn 10. What a joke of a company. I wish I could do a chargeback on my credit card, but that’s not smart with a large company like Microsoft.

11 Likes

my thoughts exactly. not impressed at all

1 Like

Dont forget advancements they just lied about like the AI.
The AI dont drive any better than they used to in the race itself. In some ways worse. They didnt used to drive straight off a corner of you positioned yourself on the inside for long enough.
But even on the basis that the max difficulty are supposed to set the best POSSIBLE lap times.

I’ve been getting a bunch of these in freeplay. Endurance races, 30m+, 8 difficulty, close PI races. Not even remotely close laptimes. Absolutely blown out of the water on race time. I’m not even really driving hard. And they get open air for the majority of the race. They still brake way too much through corners that should be coasted or gone full out.
The last corner of Maple Valley full is one of the worst offenders. They brake as if the outside grass triangle cutting into the track is a brick wall. Where pretty much any car Ive driven there its absolutely flat out and pitched in late and far off to the left cutting in as sharp as possible, at most some lift induced oversteer.
And then they ALSO brake too much on corner one of the same track which is a long sweeper that Chris specifically used as an example of what they will no longer do.
Its as if they have the AI running on the old system and what they talked about just hasnt been switched on at all.

7 Likes

IVE GOT A TIP IF YOU GOT AMD TAKE PRO INSTEAD OF ADRENALINE all problems will dissapear instantly worked for me on my RX 6900 XT :smile:

In all honesty I feel that T10 needs to acknowledge that this game is not what they proclaimed it would be in their earlier trailers and promos, that their marketing was false (“built from ground up”), that the game is plagued by a plentitude of bugs and that the game still leaves a lot to be desired in a whole lot of aspects. That would be the first step to turning it around, right?

So far I just feel this is handled (or not handled at all) like the typical Forza approach: no reactions to anything be it professional criticism or by the community, no proactive communications, no fessing up to their shortcomings. Disappointing!

6 Likes

I find thread like this hilarious and all the complaining also hilarious, especially coming from PC Guys!

1. Do you PC guys have any idea what an absolute joke of a game ACC was on Xbox until a few months ago? It took them two full years to fix the issues for a game that started out with few vehicles and roughly the same amount of tracks. FM23 was made for; 1st - XSX; 2nd XSS; 3rd PC/Steam.

2. Not sure how many of you tried GT7, but that also took a few months to fix problems. Not on the same level we need to see in FM23, but still not polished product at release either.

3. Are graphics on console better than GT7? No. Is it by a lot? Not really.

4. Is it better than FM7? By a big margin IMO. In order for me to achieve better graphics, I would have to spend at least $1,500 on XSX and LG C3. As for PC graphics, that is an interesting one. I’ve seen Youtube videos and posts from around different websites with contradicting info. There are so many variations in PC Settings/Hardware/Software/Apps that I am extremely happy I don’t have to think about to find what makes me happy. Just figuring 4K Tv settings are enough for me.

5. Bugs? Yeah, I agree on this one. I haven’t been dashboarded this much since before ACC made it’s fix. The infinite loading screen of death also sucks. This hasn’t been nearly enough to want me to race on any other games or platforms however. I know it will just be a matter of time before it is fixed.

6. Features missing? Maybe down the road they will add those, but I would like to see qualifying in private multiplayer. Not nearly a deal breaker though.

7. Safety Rating will take time to work out. First time system. A grid of 24 does not make it easy. I’ve had just as many issues in GT7 with competitive races and never understood why it doesn’t get the same rammer talk as FM. Also, this is not ACC where most players are serious sim racers and there are not nearly the same amount of casual racers. Safety and Skill Rating will greatly improve over time.

Another point I do agree with of others is yes, 6 years (really about 3 from end of updates on FM7) is a long time. A lot of things should be better. A LOT!

Overall, I’m very very happy. Multi-player has been a blast. Rivals is great. Career is meh, would be better if laps counted towards rivals. Tracks and new cars are not going to stop being updated any time soon.

Here are my gripes:
The loading screen of death in multi-player is the worst. Needs to be a priority.

Dashboarding on Xbox and crashing on PC. Needs to be a priority to retain early player base. Most players think FM is a game with a huge potential but it’s hard to see if the game constantly crashes.

Turn 10 should offer two featured Open Classes instead of just one at all times.

After the first update, I am hoping they update carpoints next. Even though parts are available, I still have to grind to put the correct parts I need for cars so that was not a big help.

4 Likes

Or the damage system. All Forzas had a damage system. This one advertised that it would be a bigger part and more advance. Its completely absent in races. You can get bounced around the track like a poolball with full damage rules and be relatively fine. Huge rams into corners do nothing to either car involved.
As well as these damage models being some of the worst looking in the franchises history.

The AI are absolutely not as advertised.
Difficulty 8 are absolute pushovers on any semblance of endurance racelengths. Often easily being lapped. They brake in flat out corners and sweeping bends. Their ability to keep the car on the road completely fails any time another car stays on the inside of an apex next to them for a certain amount of time.

6 Likes

I guess you have an odd sense of humour finding all this hilarious.

On your points:

1 - using other ‘jokes of a game’ doesn’t validate the state of Forza
2 - using other games as an example doesn’t validate the state of Forza
3 - I don’t think graphics can really be discussed given the state of bugs and performance issues
4 - Hard to assess given the unreliability of the game overall…constant fps drops, textures missing…at this stage, FM7 is better, by a long way.
5 - A matter of time to fix the bugs? How much time? How long is acceptable?
6 - Lots of key tracks didn’t even make it into release, it feels completely stripped down. Even the tyre and fuel strategy system is so basic it doesn’t really add much variation to competitive racing
7 - What makes you think safety and skill rating will ‘greatly improve over time’, what evidence is there for this, and again, what is an acceptable amount of time.

The game is finished to me right now. Devs absence and silence speaks volumes.

11 Likes

They can make an Youtube playlist for apologies :laughing: add Redfall etc apologies into it.

1 Like

If Turn10 made an official statement it would go something like this…

We have been updating our event schedule…
Interuption
Sorry everyone please wait.

As I was saying we have been updating our event schedule so that players can…
Interuption
Our apologies please wait.

Crash - stream ended

1 Like

As far as I know (I may be wrong) ACC limitations were because of console hardware limits, when it launched back in One era.

AC had a very slow (but successful) development process as well. Considering the funding differences with MS backed T10, I don’t think it is good to compare these two series in a sense of software development. You can compare the end products, but not how they got from point A to B (different scales).

GT7 vs FM is fair comparison though.

3 Likes

Absolutely love the statement of cutting edge AI.

This is the worst AI I’ve ever experienced in a racing game. If you sit on the racing line they will crash right into you without even attempting to brake or avoid.

Then if you even get slightly rubbed by them, off you go into the grass. Nothing happens to them.

If I was put in charge, team lead would have one day to fix it…if not fired.
Then next in line would have 2 days to fix it…if not fired.
On and on until the whole team is gone and get a whole new team for the AI.

Anybody who works on that AI team should feel the worst kind of shame for letting it get to this state.
I would have been so embarrased to work on this project, I would have probably quit than be a part of that AI team. EMBARASSING!

5 Likes

That seems weird, yes, they really made a “thing” about how every scratch would be there, kind of, in the preview videos.

For the deadline, they had to drop that too, maybe.

Dirt 2, I think made in 2008 or so, had serious damage as you passed finish line. Not like exactly by scratch and dent, but you saw effect of having rammed into some stuff on the track.

• front wheel house seriously dented
  • hood seriously dented

And you really felt that front wheels alignment were off in steering all the way and had to compensate as you drove further.

But noticed some of that in FM7 too, but not visually as I recall.

• but way too much motor damage as you just had a little stop on bumper somewhere
  • so bad that you hardly made it to pitstop
  • so threshold was not so accurate I think what made that happend

We will probably hear something what T10 are working on at next Forza Monthly

• whenever that comes october?
  • give customer base some hope
2 Likes