How to beat those racers who don't seem to have the skill so they push you into the walls

One thing that bugs me is when I get hit into a wall coming into my apex by someone flying way too fast and my car gets a wall collision penalty. Was in second place… then in eighth.

A couple people nicely commented on my reply to another thread so I thought I would create a topic.

Does anyone have tips for beating them for a racer who doesn’t want to do the same to those racers? I like to race like someone commented… ‘with a good tune and good lines’.

1 Like

Swing very wide and slow down. 99% of the time, wall slammers trying to be wall riders go for the inside.

2 Likes

It’s largely skill based in the sense that most skilled players have been there done that and know what to expect or how to recover.

For less skilled / experienced players I would say the following:

• Drive meta cars / meta tunes - If you don’t drive the best cars/tunes then you’re just making it harder on yourself when it comes to rammers.
  • Learn all tracks. Master all tracks
  • If you get rammed control your anger. Biggest mistake newbies make it’s trying to get revenge straight away which results in them making rookie mistakes.
  • Some cars are significantly more stable then others when it comes to being rammed.
  • If you’re being tailed into a corner and want to avoid a love tap then drive into the corner opposed to slowing down and taking it wide.
  • Learn how to use accelerator and break and when to use it.
  • Pass people by driving the best lines with speed opposed to driving along side them.
1 Like

As Anon says, learn the tracks inside out and learn what the best cars are for each race type at each level. In the right car you can get past all of the potential rammers who don’t know the track/arent very good, whilst everyone is still in ghost mode.This just leaves the much smaller number of rammers who are also decent (as in speed) drivers to deal with.
As the old saying going ‘don’t argue with an idiot,they’ll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience’ same goes for rammers.If someone is constantly giving you grief,just quit and find someone else to race against,lifes too short

1 Like

The sad thing is the developers could easily solve ramming using mechanics that already exist in the game. All they need to do is treat player cars like AI cars such that when you get rammed you don’t go flying. Try ram an AI car to see what I mean. It’s very difficult.

1 Like

The rammer shoots in from behind, you need to anticipate it, and slam your brakes on, and then accelerate almost immediately. I would say that you brake for about 1 second, and then accelerate. They shoot past you, and their speed actually helps you round the line, especially if you can bounce off them a bit.

Explaining all this will not teach you it. You need to learn to have the instincts to do it automatically.

Some people are just aggressive by nature, also those with poor driving skills and also poor car upgrading skills are the problem they pile in loads of power to gain a higher top speed without a thought of how they are going to control it for going around corners, they seem to think hitting other people is an acceptable way to slow down and corner.

I change my racing lines if I see someone salty when passed. Sometimes I deliberately brake or go for slow exit, sometimes fast exit out of the corner. Some players’ intention is to ram people. I passed that player like 2 times on a lap and still continues trying to ram me. sigh

You can’t beat them unless you yourself take responsibility for not being fast enough to create distance in the first 10-15 seconds of the race. This game breeds childlike tendencies, the only way to avoid it is to be away from it.

As long as corners are the only way to pass players and the AI (because it doesnt matter how fast is your car) ramming is going to be a regular thing in this game, and its fine for me. Until the devs re-design online racing, there is nothing anyone can do. Tracks in FH5 are idiotic. 80% of the times you are pressing brakes and taking absurd cornerings one after another. So, yes, ramming is a thing and is going to be a thing, forever. If people see that the only way to pass other players or the AI is to take advantaje on corners, they will try to squeeze as much speed as they can before they press the breaks, and ramming is going to happen, like it or not. This is a videogame, not real life. People still confuse these two hahahahahaha.

If your only method of overtaking is ramming then your driving skills are poor.

5 Likes

lmao just use the Bone Shaker. Only other Shaker Drivers and a few very good players will be able to catch up to you. And as long as u are alone in front, nobody can ramm you into the next tree :slight_smile:

Using the Bone Shaker is like saying that you can’t drive as well.

1 Like

I still recommend people watch GrandmaDriving on YouTube. They make driving clean look fun and rewarding.

1 Like

I just try to race my lines, and rely on knowing the track and hitting my marks. Typically if a driver like that gets past me, I sit back and wait for them to make a mistake …If my lines are clean and correct, I know I’m going to be in their rear-view, and their next bad corner I will be passing them.

1 Like

Sadly, its not that simple. Got players could hit the wall from the start all the way to the end and ridiculously fast.

If they’re hitting the wall from the start with ghosting applied, they aren’t good though are they?

Yeah, in the end. I just took advantage and overtake. Some people didnt even bother to upgrade brakes and tires. All power build.

There are far too many people who do that, I often drive in races shaking my head and chuckling to myself as someone races past me on a straight usually with the link expression “see you at the finish line” shame they don’t have a reply "no you will see me at the next corner as you run wide crash and I pass you " :rofl:

3 Likes

The video game school of cornering: Smash in, slow out.

Programming could fix this if they’d just disable cars using this tactic regardless of collision settings. A major crash “during a race” “by an approaching car”, disables the problem driver.

People will soon learn the proper tactic of: Slow in, fast out.

They could do it, they already have the high speed collision avoided feature in some races.

1 Like