Forza Motorsport 7, unfair bans and Forza Race Regulations

Hello! I’m thinking about buying FM7 Ultimate Edition for PC. I’ve been playing forza for many years on XBOX, but now I decided to switch to PC. I’m only interested in multiplayer. But I heard a lot of horrible stories about people buying the game and then getting unfair bans from multiplayer for 20 years just because somebody else rammed them and stuff like this. So my first question - is this really so bad? Will I really get banned just because somebody rammed me and then blamed me for his ramming?
Second question. Are all online races in Forza 7 now use Forza Race Regulations? Or are there some online races with FRR and some without?
Third question. Are those unfair bans somehow connected to FRR? Like, do I have a higher chance of unfair ban if I race with FRR, or it doesn’t matter?

1 Like

With all the ramming that is rampant in online hoppers (except leagues), there’s no way an occasional Accident is going to cause a ban. I don’t think anyone at Turn10 is even monitoring this game anymore, cycled division is horrible with tanners if you can’t get away from the pack.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer. But what about FRR? Does ALL online races in Forza 7 now use Forza Race Regulations?

I highly doubt there are a lot of bans for crashing into people as there are a bunch of people online who specifically join to bash others off the track. It’s for that reason that I only play the 101 online as all cars are ghosted there. But it does create a huge limit in tracks and cars I can use.

Race regulations are only available in a few online races and definitely don’t guarantee that you’re not bashed off the track. In fact… I’ve had multiple situations where I got spun out by another car doing a pit manouvre on me and on top of that I (as the victim) received a time penalty for that. More so if during the spin I hit another car. So they need some more work.

Long story shore:

• Race regulations: only in some races
  • Bans: highly unlikely unless a lot of people start repoting you
  • Is the game worth it: yes (in my opninion)
1 Like

The only hoppers using FRR are clearly labeled as such, and are (from memory) FRR Cycled Production, FRR A-Class and FRR S-Class.

OK, thank you for this information!

Dude, just get the game and have fun!!

If you are relatively quick and upset the wrong people you will get banned. I have done. You can get banned for petty things.
Bearing in mind this is a game for 3 year olds up. There is also a beta lobby where you are penalised for cutting or ramming. Maybe hard-core players should use this??!!
The mods are volunteers who play the game and have friends who play online. They take pleasure in issuing bans. I have proof of this.

5 Likes

I to got banned twice what happens is the clean and fast drivers dont report the rammers with clips…there there to have fun thus the clean drivers are getting banned and the rammers are ruining the lobbys.I cant believe forza is not smarter than this the mod who bans players should be banned.As it stands right now rammers run the game and the clean guys are leaving good job turn 10.For one more example the last 20 races i ran before i got banned i literally got rammed off the track 3 to 5 times per track i didnt record clips but i got banned…ummmmmmm again good job turn 10

9 Likes

To add to above quote i supported turn 10 ive bought all forza 7 titles and all 4 horizon titles and i get banned cuz of rammers i remember when backone abs ruled the track them were the good old days now whoever runs turn 10 needs to rethink his thinking.They should rename the seris to we support rammers and ban loyal customers cuz we got a thinking problem by david ball my fav song

6 Likes

Same experience here. I guess I’ll get in the back of the line. Had some “pro” come in to the hopper and start bumping me repeatedly from behind over several races. I can excuse “rubbins’ racing contact,” but as many people here have already expressed, you get pretty good at recognizing when someone is doing it intentionally vs accidentally. So naturally I became frustrated and lined him up at the end of a long straight and punted him in to the cheap seats as they say. Didn’t say word over the mic but had a good laugh as he chased me down over several races with clear intentions of doing the same. I laughed as I watched him in the rear view mirror attempting to do the same over and over. Eventually he left but he sent me a message with his intentions. Sure enough I received a message stating I was banned. I couldn’t believe it. The worst part is the forum rules that specifically denounce bumping, yet actually have the nerve to state “don’t retaliate or you will be banned.” They even talk about first turn pileups and blah blah blah. How about no? How about you cut corners or bump and you get booted from the lobby? The old Forza2 use to let lobbies police themselves. If you were running the room, you could boot folks from the lobby. Easy peasy. Now, I am sure some will say I shouldn’t have retaliated but T10 has the ability to review footage. Why not hunt down the real instigators of this nonsense?? How about instead of banning me you review the footage that lead up to the confrontation in the first place. All your answers are right there, T10. Lazy. Penalties for drivers would stop this nonsense. If you cause contact or cut corners, disable their car and put them in a penalty box for the rest of the race. Wont be buying Forza 8 and will definitely be replacing Forza7 with another racing game. Glad I didn’t pay for this

8 Likes

Save the replay and send it to forza enforcement. Also you WILL be banned if you retaliate and you literally just stated that the ban was justified. Maybe next time if a faster racer is behind you then you should let them by so they stop “bumping” you from behind. It’s called racing etiquette, look it up sometime.

2 Likes

[/quote]

Save the replay and send it to forza enforcement. Also you WILL be banned if you retaliate and you literally just stated that the ban was justified. Maybe next time if a faster racer is behind you then you should let them by so they stop “bumping” you from behind. It’s called racing etiquette, look it up sometime.
[/quote]

Whoever thinks a behind bumper is performing racing ettiguete and is faster, is deeply uninformed. Real faster racers are ones that don’t always rely on that racing line to perform a passing manuver. Behind bumpers only know how to ghost race without any real competition on the track because they expect you to move away from racing line in order for them to pass, this is only required for back-markers who are lapped. If you can’t pass a slower racer who is hogging the preferred racing line, you need to practice getting better at passing. Personally I think if a behind bumper starts that with me I would stop-pull-over and kindly let them pass, but I will catch back up with them and return the favor except my behind bump might ‘accidentally’ send their car high flying into the deep blue sky; no, not retaliation but a Behind-Bump technique right!?, racing nettiquette 101. With jokes aside, the problem is some are trying to write their own rules in Forza that enables them to ram other racers with so called Behind-Bumps but in reality these are rammers and behavior adjustment rules from the game should apply to them as well as the 8 yr old crying corner cutting rammers, they are the same.

4 Likes

[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only - MM]

Can anyone help or advise please.

I have been banned from FM7 MP for 20 years. I will be dead before the ban is over.

I am 60+, been driving since FM2 and have had my fair share of run ins with the bad and the ugly, had a share of fun with the good over 15 years.
I created this gamer tag last year for my son and son in law to play, and to create/save more tunes as my main tag has hit the max number of tunes allowed.

The ban was given about 7 days ago and despite sending a polite email to T10 as their message says, I still do not know why, as they have not responded. I have forwarded the mail twice now with no reply.

I even tried to log in to Forza Motorsport.net to raise a ticket, to discover that my gametag CANNOT log in to the support pages. My main gamer tag can but not this one.

Am I not due at the very least a one paragraph reply confirming the reason for my ban?

There is also a second question I need to ask - even more important - Is this a personal ban, an account ban, a console ban or simply a Gamertag ban? i.e. Can I play with my main account, on the understanding that it is only my son(s) profile which has been banned.

I will very much appreciate a response from a Turn 10 person in authority who knows exactly what is going on and the consequences.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Make a ticket with your second gamertag and tell them about the situation and provide them with your main gamertag

1 Like

OK - here is how BAD Turn 10 support is …

Having contacted them again from another Account, asking for help, here is a copy of part of my latest email to them.

Please help me understand this scenario.

1. Turn10 message BorinOldFart advising it is banned from MP for 20 Years.
  2. Turn 10 refuse to answer 3 emails to forzafb@microsoft.com of 19, 22 & 26 April 2021 asking why the ban as per Turn 10 instructions.
  3. Turn 10 refuse to respond to Messenger and Facebook contact over a week.
  4. Using ‘o YippyKaiAY o’ gamertag I contact Turn 10 for assistance.
  5. Despite being told Login to support website has been blocked, Turn 10 Support advise me to use the correct Gamertag and raise a ticket !
  6. On 4 May Turn 10 advise the Gamertag account has been “removed from our website due to spam.”
  7. On 4 May I request answers to my questions re BorinOldFart issue, as that account is ‘blocked’.
  8. On 5 May Turn 10 respond with “Unfortunately we can’t answer those questions for you. As its about another account.”

Please advise how a gamer can obtain support in this situation?
Do you have a telephone number?
Do you have an email address?

Can you please contact BorinOldFart through the mobile number or email address used to create that account AND STILL IN THE RECORDS OF MICROSOFT FOR THE MS LIVE ACCCOUNT?

I await a sensible response.

2 Likes

It would seem they don’t want your business. If you haven’t already got the new Xbox then get a PS5 and wait for Gran Turismo.

This is 100% true. I purposely avoid collisions to the point where I give up positions but still get constantly rammed by other people. I save captures of all my incidents as proof of the other players fault. I also go out of my way to apologize for incidentals. But for a still banned my account which I only had for a week with no warning. I don’t know how they measure occurrences but it’s definitely not fair and not realistic to professional racing. Am deleting the game and sticking with f1 and asseto corsa where people act professionally. Don’t play this game if you don’t want unreasonable bans.

3 Likes

I agree. Just got banned by a guy who literally was behind me and pushed me into traffic a couple nights ago in a street scene ranked match. He messaged me to let me know he was reporting me for ramming because I wouldn’t get out of his way. This game is weak [Mod edit - wsd - profanity and and alluding to profanity is against the ToS] now. Already pre-ordered 5 but getting a refund. I’m not gonna put up with this. No process to dispute. Won’t share game clip with me. Kiss my money goodbye turn 10. I’m out

2 Likes