Forza Horizon 4 not launching - Windows 10 version 1903

Not actually sure what you are suggesting? I’m already on Windows 10 - 1903? No USB-flash drives or any external HDD…

Lucky you, still isn’t working for me.

After 20+ tries my game started and now it is back to boot, crash to desktop, boot again, then it catches and runs. Nothing fixed. Takes about 6-7 minutes total to run. Before May update game used to boot in about a minute. Now I am also getting random disconnects.

After countless failed attempts, I was able to fix the game reinstalling the Windows from scratch.

What version of Windows 10 are you running now?

Win 1903.

What was your problem before reinstalling Windows 10? Still isn’t working for me…

Crash on launch.
Sometimes still happens.

version 1903 is a must for this s11 update?
it won’t launch on 1809

Just don’t know what went wrong. Not much problem previously.

I ran into this problem shortly after the LEGO update. On my PC the game would crash after loading my save, right before loading into the Welcome Screen. Starting the game on my Xbox and changing the Home location from LEGO Island to the Mainland Festival fixed it. I’ve also heard that uninstalling the LEGO DLC might be another fix to try.

I had problems starting the game all week long, there were crashes, 15 minutes long loading screens and Hang type: Activation errors in the Event Viewer. Try the solution I described here :
https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/c9qm91/solved_horizon_4_long_or_infinite_loading_times/

Post is removed?

Yeah, sorry, it seems that the bot filtered it out. Now a mod enabled the post again.

Haven’t tried that one yet, I’ll give it a go… :slight_smile:

I can see your post now, problem with your solution is… I can’t launch the game, I just see the splash screen → just the image with the Mcclaren and Defender in the background.

I had those as well. Disconnect the internet before you launch the game, and then continue the steps from the error message as described. As others have pointed out, this will only get you into offline mode, but at least you still can play, for example do everything required for the 50% seasonal rewards.

Doesn’t work for me.

Guys you can try this solution:

1. Right Click on start button and click on Search.
  2. Enter wsreset in the box. You will see a green store like icon. Then click on Run as administrator which is on the right pane.
  3. Wait till the store reset process is done.
  4. Launch Store app
  5. Install any new free app from Windows 10 app store. After that app installs, try launching Forza.

Last time such thing happened with my Forza, the above method helped to reset my DRM stuff and game started.

Figured I’d give the new patch a shot, no difference. I wonder if it’s a UWP issue or a specific hardware conflict since reinstalling windows doesn’t help, I dunno, I’m out of ideas. People with the “crashing at splash screen” issue are very much out of luck. Have had this issue well over a month now, I’m sure glad they don’t operate anything important like banking systems.

1 Like

I have the same problem any fix?

Hi, I’m adding to this post as I have a friend who is now unable to play forza 4. It’s been crashing before it even gets to the load screen.
I’ve done everything I could find and then some beyond it and still I’m unable to fix the issue - just as many people can’t.

Windows 10 is up to date,
did WSReset
Clean boot,
Uninstall,
User account,
-You name it, I tried it. Nothing.
Even added the target file to avg as an exception.

The only code I could get from the event log is the following and I hope it might help someone debug it. Else, Its the refund game :confused:

1 Like

I’ve seen people have success with a complete format and wipe of everything, though I personally have not gone that far to get a single game to work. Unfortunately the error it gives is a fairly generic app hang and the other information doesn’t tell us much. It seems to be a conflict with something else on the windows machine, but who knows what (for some it’s a driver, some it’s a program, others a specific windows update, and some it seems to be even specific hardware, thus the downfalls of making generic error codes without proper debug information).

Many post with far fewer pages have been answered or tagged as investigating by mods, but I’m pretty sure they’re not planning on doing anything about this one because they have no way to investigate it since their error codes tell them nothing about what’s wrong, and reproducing it is random.

Your only hope of them actually fixing it is hoping that it happens to one of the devs that actually plays the game, and they go to the trouble of figuring it out. So aside from a reformat, it might be worth refunding until it’s solved, or at this rate until FH5 comes out.