Forza Horizon 4 not launching - Windows 10 version 1903

Same, I have tried everything I could find on the internet.

I have sent in a ticket on the 8th of June…

I could’ve sworn that 2 of my posts weren’t posted on this topic… Not sure why they’re blocking them. :confused:

I doubt this is being investigated. The game works for the majority of players. Mine hasn’t worked right since the May update that screwed up the skill points. I can still play but I have to put up with crashes until the game catches, then it is a 5 minute wait until the game is ready to play. It will crash at least once, but sometimes it takes a few tries. Very rarely does it work the first time. I think they think it is us that is the problem, something we are doing wrong. I would believe it if it wasn’t just this game that has issues. Everything else on my computer runs just fine, including FH3 and FM7. I still play Unreal Tournament, and Re-volt and those games are from the 90’s and they run better than FH4. It is just like this website. My internet runs fine, the only website I go on that lags is this one, both on pc and mobile. I am convinced it is the developers who can’t figure it out or just don’t care. They have done what they needed to do and are finished with it. It shows because they don’t come on here and try to help people that bought their product. Playground games, Turn 10, and Microsoft are very poor at customer service.

I have same problem …

I’m having the same issue of the game crashing on splash screen. I’d say a 5% success rate on loads… I hoped after every released update that it would’ve fixed my issues but nada…I’ve tried everything from reinstalling both FH4 and gpu drivers, restarting my pc, turning off my overclock settings, resetting the game or even re-installing on my hdd or ssd both with and without DLC. I just upgraded my GPU to a 1070ti and used DDU to freshly install gpu drivers. I even went far and beyond by wiping partitions on both drives and re-installing a fresh copy of W10 pro to see maybe if there were registry issues…nothing fixed it. Task manager shows the game loading and the CPU load but it just wont go past the splash screen. It saddens me…I paid for the ultimate edition and can’t play it 90% of the time. I had created a support ticket but all they did was give me the same ol usual IT support…restart PC, update drivers/windows (1903 and current nvidia drivers) reset files,…then after about another month of IT support they finally closed my ticket saying the dev team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix. I haven’t been able to play the game consistently since March and I purchased it in December cause it was on sale during the Video Game Awards…

Specs
intel i7 5820k
nvidia PNY 1070ti
32gb of ram

Hi , everyone . Just bought a game ( FH4) , week ago ! played for 10 hours without any problems . Once , I was driving a car and then I flew off the road to water or something!! Afterwards, my car teleported to the road again ( after crash as usual ) but I couldn’t see my car and world itself ! I could hear a sound of the world and cars but screen was black . So , I changed a car using Game Menu! and it crashed ! After all this I can’t launch a game fully! only until suspending screen where I have to press enter ! After pressing enter by me it crashes everytime !!! I tried to delete the game and install it again! It doesn’t work > unfortunately ! Please Help me somehow! I checked many ways how to fix it. In total I couldn’t find a problem. I just created a new account ( NEW Xbox Console Companion ACCOUNT! ) and everything works perfect ( so its not a problem with pc) but I don’t have my progress and etc… However, I want to use my old account ( Duchinio > [Mod Edit - D] ) !! Please can you do something with> Gametag : Duchinio < account??
I didn’t do anything wrong. Can you check my save files?! I am sure that when I flew off the road with my car and I got stucked in textures or something like this !Its very difficult to explain ! I stucked in textures and then I wanted to change a car > ( maybe it could help! ) but it just crashed a game totally and now I can’t login with previous xbox account because it crashes everytime after loading screen where I have to press ( Enter ) to continue ! Thank you, sorry for distrurbing! Just bought a wheel , shifter all things only for Horizon… Waiting every second to play again … But Forza support is not answering at all. I had left 2 tickets already but not result! How long should I wait? Its radicilous , most expensive game in the world and support doesn’t work normally at all . ( No call . no live chat , no rapid answers , no explaination ) On forum people just shocked that support from Forza not answering. Please , maybe you can solve this problem and check xbox servers or my xbox save file for Forza Horizon 4 because with another account it works!)

Thank you ! Please , help !
Have a good working days .

Still doesn’t work, still haven’t gotten a reply from support… Am I being scammed? Should I chargeback my purchases?

I have the same problem.

But i trial run FH4 and in the FH4 screen keep move mouse and keep click mouse right button,now i can play the game.

Each run Fh4 i need keep repeat.

This is my record process.

My specific issue: I had been playing Forza 4 for days without having issues and then, the game crashed while playing. Now it just crashes when I click the A button or Enter to start the game.

I tried many of the fixes posted here and elsewhere. Only one thing changed this behavior of crashing immediately after hitting the A button… Resetting the game. Stick with me. This caused the game to pop up a window with a loading bar while the game syncs. After it successfully syncs all the way, it crashes again. Then it is just like before where it crashes immediately after hitting the A button.

Here comes the interesting part. I was able to get my game to work again by doing the following. WARNING: read after these instructions before following as I think it may be possible to overwrite your server-side save if not careful.

1. Disable internet on computer. Unplug cable, disconnect wireless, disable network adapters, whatever you need to do.
  2. Reset the game. Ctrl+i → Apps-> Forza 4-> Advanced Options-> scroll down a bit, click Reset button
  3. Still with no internet, start Forza 4 normally and dismiss the numbered error message
  4. For me, the game starts in offline mode with a new save. Right from the very beginning of game.
  5. Play for a while and run a couple races. You deserve it. You’ve been without FH4 for a while. I did like 5+ races.
  6. Quit the game and re-enable your internet.
  7. Start Forza 4.

Now starting my game pops up the sync like window again and gives me a choice between 2 saves. My local, new save and my old, cloud save. I took the 3rd option at the bottom to Not Choose at this time. This allowed me to play online with my new save. This makes me think very strongly that my older cloud save has been corrupted.

I have not been playing the game for to long, but I have put in a fair amount of hours and collected a ton of stuff in game already. And now I have a fix that will allow me to play a game again that I was having a blast with… but I lose so much progress.

The worst part is that I put in a ticket 3 days ago, added my findings, and there has been no update forthcoming. I just want to know if my old save can be rolled back or recovered and a timetable of when that may be. This way I can decide if it is worth it to wait for official assistance or resolve the issue myself.

I appreciate the effort for finding a solution, but I really don’t want to give up my current savegame to be honest… :confused:

Well it’s been many weeks now, I’m pretty sure they just don’t care. I get the feeling they don’t want to support PC, they’re just being made to do so by Microsoft, so as a result they do the bare minimum to solve difficult PC issues that don’t affect all users (good job on getting that HDR detection working, really helping all of us that can’t even get the game to load!). Honestly I’m pretty sure the issue (at least the version I’m experiencing where it crashes after the splash screen) is with UWP and file/registry permissions, but the error is so vague that I have no way to prove that.

They probably looked at this, saw all the things we were trying, saw that it more than covered their list of “things that fix PC for some people” and decided to ignore it and just hope it doesn’t effect enough people for it be a problem with the player-base at large.

Here’s the solution they probably want us all to take: buy a new computer or Xbox and a new copy of the game and go away.

I Have The Same problem As All Of You
I Tried Everything Published On The Internet But No Luck
What Is More Frustrating Is That It Turns Itself Off And Does Not Give Any message For Why It Is Stopping

Hope There Will be A Solution Soon

1 Like

anyone tried today’s update to see if it fixes the bug?

It’s appalling, the way they treat their customers…

Update didn’t fix anything, reinstalled the game again (3rd of 4th time)… I can see the splashscreen for 10 seconds, closes. -_-

The same thing… Hope, developers will fix this

I have tried updating the top gear, but the problem still exists.

i just wanted to say what a great job on the update. I bet the people that can launch the game are really enjoying it. I think my game loads faster, oh wait, it doesn’t load at all. Every update it breaks it more and more. Who knows,maybe later it might work. That’s what happened last time, I gave it a day and then after the first crash, it would then run. Every time I would play it would crash from the initial screen and then load when I would start it again. Now it just crashes to the desktop. The ineptness of this company boggles the mind. The whole first page is people having problems with crashes and not a word from anyone who can do something about it. I would send a ticket but we all know they are just ignored. How pathetic. Thanks for nothing.

In my case, the following may help. First install Windows 10-1903 ( Upgrade Windows fuction - Keep files and Apps), lets it done. Next step Remove any kind of external USB Drive such as USB Flash Drive, External HDD or SSD. Hope this can help

Hi guys, they fixed for me in this update! Now it is working! I hope it works for all of you too!

Update Fixed The Problem But It Is Showing Me A Shadow Of A Car there Is No Car To Display

My question still exists, what was your situation before?"…