Crashes, freezes, error messages, and visual / audio issues [READ POST #1]

If your game is crashing, freezing, stuttering, glitching, or producing error messages, these are tech issues that are not handled by Forza in the forums. If rebooting does not solve your issue, go to support.forzamotorsport.net and review the Known Issues and other articles for possible solutions. If you still have an issue, use the link at the bottom of the Forza Support articles to submit a ticket for the developers to investigate.

Relevant sections of the Forza Support website:
General - including Store/Install, account issues, Connection/IPsec, Enforcement Guidelines
Forza Horizon 4 - Known Issues, Save Data, Wheel users, PC software compatibility and performance

I have recently brought forza horizon 4 and I have just played the stunt driver chapter 1 and when I completed it and it gave me the 3 starts I went to continue… I pressed A and then it wont load any further and just stays on the same screen? And idea’s on what I can do? I’m enjoying playing it so far and I would like to carry on if I can find a way passed this :blush: thanks.

First time it crashed on me when I was playing Stunt Stories Chapter 2. Then, after trying all the possible fixes that I could find on the Internet (resetting the game, updating drivers, killing explorer.exe), it still crashed on me. When I was free roaming in other parts of the game, it didn’t crash. But whenver I went near Ashbrook, the game crashed to desktop without any error message.

I have still been experiencing this for months. Its most common when i am at extremely high speeds and the map in front does not load quick enough. The car freezes and continues revving. It loses traction and stops the vehichle. This happens a few times a week and when it does occur it will happen every 20 seconds or so (because i rewind it). I’m reluctant to do any drag races anymore. It happens usually with any upgraded car that will go over 270mph.

This has also happend to me for months and I’m now reluctant to do any drag races on the motorway

I haven’t had any crashing problems before any of the expansions but after the first one came out “The Fortune island” I started getting crashes on the loading screen when ever I switch from
an expansion map to the main map and in that case I hate that the game chooses what house you should spawn.

How ever on The fortune Island after some time i figure out that when ever am on the loading screen and it starts to freeze I am using the ALT-TAB and either refresh and add the game to a higher priority but after that am facing weird amount of fps drops

But in the LEGO case I haven’t found any solution that will not include uninstalling the expansion ! I tried the same method that I did with the Fortune island but I started to feel like is worthless to waste my time in a boring map so the only solution is to uninstall the map and reinstall it when ever I want to use it.

So is there any actual solution about that, that will not include uninstalling ? Is this happening to anybody else ? If not are the Devs aware of this is keeps happening if this is not peoples fault?

In case of need am using …

Asus laptop with WIn 10 and Intel core i7-7700HQ
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 1050ti

So I don;t know if what is happening is logical enough with the laptop but I would really be pleased to know any solutions to that !

Just checked, It’s not… or I am also super unique

I had this previously but it was fixed for me since the latest patch, but by the sounds of it, not for everyone then.

Hi all

When ever I play a second consecutive forzathon live event during a single session it always crashes during the 3rd round. I can’t seem to see a pattern apart from what I just mentioned but it’s getting a bit annoying now as I am losing points because of this.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I am on xbox one x and everything else is fine apart from this issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had the same issue and not just on round three. Probably once or twice a week. I do the forzathons alot. Usually once I’ve been playing for a while and do a forzathon I’ll go dashboard restart the game especially if it’s hanging on load screen for a while. So maybe worth a try. ( Xbox one )

[Mod Edit - All posts to this forum must be in English. Please translate your message before posting - D]
https://translate.google.com/

I had the same issue and since the update 15 I can change my flair without any problems
I also had an unanswered ticket for this, looks like they don’t answer tickets to issues they are allready aware of, which can be frustrating… a short answer with somthing like “we aware and fix it soon” would be nice…

I cant get this game to stop freezing during game play
sometimes its after 5 minuets or like today it was after 4 hours, midway through a challenge.

PC Spec:
i9900k
2080ti
16GB Ram
running off M.2
on ultra settings

GPU Temp is always around 65 deg
CPU Temp is 50 deg
M.2 30 Deg

all updates are up to date
all drivers up to date

never, ever have a problem on any other game
i paid £80 for the ultimate edition and have not had a single day where there has not been an issue!
highly frustrating!

anyone experiencing the same issues and does anyone have a fix?

same issue

My X1X started crashing during the Live a few weeks ago. At first it was only in the third round and only when that round was a danger sign challenge. Then it crashed on a second round speed zone. But it doesn’t happen all the time (and I do the Live a lot) and I haven’t been able to discern a pattern beyond the third round danger sign occurrence. Last weekend it happened several times so I sent a ticket on Sunday but so far have heard … only crickets.

Make sure and disable game mode in windows also some reported the last 2 Nvidia drivers had some issues as well. Check running programs and make sure there isn’t something running that should not be.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/use-game-mode-gaming-on-pc

Crashed during Forzathon Live! second round. Danger Sign, Reservoir Ridge I think. Xbox One X.

Edit: Bugatti Divo.

me too (xbox 1x) always on 3rd round danger sign. most of the time all 3 rounds go OK. i do forzathons alot i got 16,000 forzathon points. i dont know if the crash is from the XB1X graphics card or the forzathon blimp is crashing the game, or its just areas where theres alot of polygons… or what??? it usually happens when im going towards the danger sign the reverse way. just before i go thru it; it crashes

Happens all the time on fortune island for me. always round 3, danger signs & round 2 speed zones…

Cant comment about the rest of the game, i dont go there anymore.

It’s a common issue with a lot of players. Luckily it takes your skill points too when it disconnects, so your forzathon points aren’t too lonely

1 Like