Forza Horizon 4 not launching - Windows 10 version 1903

Same if anyone get a fix for that problem pls tell me I do not want to reset my Windows 10 because Horizon 4 is the only game that does not work Forza 7 works Sorry for my bad English

Probably irrelevant but I had an issue yesterday where none of the Forza windows games (FM7, FH4 & FH3) would run. Found that an audio program called Nahimic had recently done an update - so canned it and Forza is now running.

1 Like

This saved me, thank you SO much! I started crashing at the splash screen about 2 days ago and I couldn’t figure out what the cause was. I didn’t uninstall Nahimic (I still like the program…) but I closed its services from running in the background using Task Manager and boom, FH4 launched just fine past the point where it was normally crashing. I hope Nahimic can resolve this issue as it seems to be caused by their audio app.

Unfortunately i had to do clean install including formatting my drive to ensure it WAS clean, it fixed my issue as it was with all games with build 1903. but the clean install is also 1903 and everything works perfectly. I have turned off auto updates though as i have a feeling it was due to one of the security updates. I know it was a bit extreme but i had had this problem for a few weeks and it was doing my head in with extensive searching through google.

Guys make sure your PC’s Date and Time are correct. Also make sure you are in correct Time zone as well. You can flip those switches off and on again to set them automatically. My game started launching immediately after my date and time settings were all correct.

None of this stuff works for me. This is embarrassing for playground, turn 10, and Microsoft. How many months after release and it still doesn’t work right on PC?

I have tried terminating and resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling, turning all other programs and apps off, and etc. I cant imagine how the people who payed money for this game feel, especially buying something like the ultimate edition and it still not working. I have read through thousands of posts on this and no real fix. I wonder if there is a lawsuit here, paying money for a product or service and not getting it, last time I checked at best its false advertising with a more likely conjecture being theft.

Anyways the one thing that worked for me, albeit its not a good solution but at least the game can be played, though the online hasn’t worked for me and the game isn’t fully optimized. You have to use a whole different account on your PC so you don’t have anything where it should be or programs you installed on you main user account ready to go.

Heres the video: Forza Horizon 4 NOT LAUNCHING 99% WORKING FIX (may not work for some users) - YouTube

Hello,
We are currently looking into this issue, some users have found resolve in the methods we troubleshoot with, until then we do not have a perfect answer for every crash, because every crash is different and can have hundreds of variables per user, so please be patient as we are looking into this issue daily and are working on a solution,

Please submit a ticket https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can investigate further.

Thank you,

1 Like

IMPORTANT INFO: As a PC player with this issue, I went and bought a brand new Xbox thinking that I might be able to play that way, but unfortunately I get the exact same crash, at the exact same spot (which is after hitting continue while trying to load with the lego splash background). Hope this helps a dev and further proves that those with this exact issue that it is NOT pc related.

Microsoft…

Still have the same issue after more than 1 month, tried every trick in the book except for a complete clean install of Windows 10.

Ok wasnt expecting this, I should have looked at the reviews before buying. I guess ive only heard the good xbox reviews and not pc?.

Not sure if its to do with 1903, I played the demo ok, bought the full and it just closes after the first screen

So whats happening it as it seems to be from a month ago?

Just FYI. About 2 months ago I decided to give FH4 a go on my i72600k, running win10, way way older than 1903. I needed a new GPU as the gtx560ftw’s in SLI were not going to cut it. Bought a gtx1660Ti, upgrade win10 to 1903 and installed FH4. Zero issues with an exception of one apparent CTD during a ranked adventure.

Another i72600k with a gtx670super clocked was upgraded to 1903 and FH4 installed. Zero issues, all be it on medium video settings and @30 fps, vs ultra @ 60 with the GTX 1660Ti PC.

Just saying, so you know the game can run fine on 1903, perhaps it’s not the game, but something else.

I have no idea how it started happening, I updated to Windows 10 1903 and it stopped working… I put in a support ticket over a month ago, they replied yesterday and today, asking if the issue still persisted and if I could send my DxDiag information.

Tried every solution I could find on the internet, except for reinstalling Windows 10.

I tried reverting and the game still didn’t work, whatever broke it is kept even if you go back to an older version. Still just get the splash screen and then it closes without warning before the game even fully opens.

so have you downgraded back to a previous os build and it works? Has it been at least established that its 1903 that has issues?
Its a shame having to revert back a build esp to Home users where there isn’t a lot of postponing options and forced updates, At least the game may work. Wont be reinstalling windows and everything else though.

wonder whats the difference in code between the demo and full as the demo works.

How many have it working, which build, and what other similarities?

No, I’m still on build 1903 and I’m not downgrading to a previous build, forgot to mention that. Game hasn’t been working ever since updating to 1903, not sure about other users though.

I have never updated to 1903 and get the crashes and long load times. I have to sit through at least one crash, sometimes more, before it runs. Then it takes 6-7 minutes to completly boot. Problem is not specific to 1903.

ok cheers. I realise I’ve just joined the fray and you guys have been in it a while.

Well I disconnected the internet and gave it a go, it worked! So I closed the game down not knowing what saves online, xbox live achievements etc.
Reconnected the internet and it still worked. It picked up my xbox live account and successfully got the first achievement. So hopefully its all ok.
The only issue just now is getting a store error trying to reinstall the car pass after i did a recommended game reset when i was trying to get the game to load. Hopefully that will be just a store reset.

II can’t play.
I try every fake solution.
I have the same problem : " just get the splash screen and then it closes without warning before the game even fully opens."
100 € and the game work only 3 week.
No support after 7 day
No solution
This is a Scam.

Sory for my poor english