Forza Horizon 4 not launching - Windows 10 version 1903

Have some pretty important new information. My brother’s account works fine and he’s on Windows 10 1903. Mine does not work and I clean installed 1903. We tried logging into my account on his computer and it starts crashing, yet his account works perfect. We believe this has something to do with the fact that my account is trying to load either the Lego Zone or Cinematic Sequence for the first time and is crashing there. Bottom line, it has nothing to do (at least in my case and one’s like me) with my version of Windows or software installed or even the computer at all, but everything to do with a Forza Glitch that causes the game to crash when loading the new content for the first time, or something similar. So the only thing we can do is pass on this information and wait for a patch. Hope this helped someone.

For me, the issue seem to be related to the NAHIMIC app, which is the software I need to tweak my audio settings (ie: loudness equalization, room correction stuff etc)

Game crashes as soon as the first loading circle thingy appears. (right after splash-screen)

This is the error I get in my eventlog for both Forza 7 and Horizon 4 (not tried Horizon 3 yet)

I dont see why the NahimicOSD.dll would cause a problem unless you dont want people with bad hearing to get visual aid. Besides, the OSD functionality isnt even enabled on my PC.

Anywho… I find it extremely annoying to have to uninstall the Nahimic app every time I decide to play Forza games and reinstall them after so I can watch Netflix with nicely balanced audio levels. Which btw, is the only fix I’ve found for my problem.

PS: I wish you had better support, not just some forum. Expected better from a Microsoft studio.

Thank you nGAGEOnline !
Thank you, this is the solution for me too.
Uninstall Nahimic solve the problem.

Glad to hear it helped someone, but I wouldnt really call it a solution. It’s more of a workaround :smiley:
I really want them to fix this, so I can balance my audio the way I like for the Forza games as well.

Most our ours look like this and is not caused by Nahimic.

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d2308cc
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000000d
Faulting process id: 0x76c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d545ba84db3046
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.326.17.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: b89135ee-023b-4afa-ae77-f0ab94617e12
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.326.17.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Unfortunately the update today did not fix the issue and is not even listed on the known issues page.

There are literally thousands of new and old players that can not play for the past 2 months. Can we get any kind of resolution to this issue for the people that this is not caused by a software or hardware problem?

1 Like

This is the same one I (and others I’ve seen) have. An error code without any information as to why it crashed. Seems to happen right after the splash screen goes away.

No the update didn’t fix it. After the usual crash the game slowly launched. Played about 10 minutes and then back to the disconnects every couple minutes. Every time they update it gets worse or stays the same. There hasn’t been an update since May that actually accomplished anything. This is by far the worst game when it comes to customer support. It is amazing that they cannot figure this out. I am convinced they aren’t trying and are just leaving it as is. Pathetic.

OMG, got the extact same problem with Gears 5 Tech Test.

I went crazy trying to repair it. I ended up contacting microsoft 3 days ago and waiting for their answer.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

[EDIT] but not with forza h 4 …

crash on splash screen after yesterday update

GOOD WORK PG!

1 Like

everything is ok, what you guys are talking about ? launch game and play xDXDXDXD

Mine launches fine. It is not all PC’s running this version of windows.

1 Like

It actually doesn’t have anything to do with 1903, and the issue persists on Xbox as well.

New update, same old problem: 10 seconds of the McLaren Senna and Landrover Defender screen → closes. :confused:

Your Xbox has nothing to do with errors on PC. That is something else. Not the same thing

Its one thing having pcs crash and struggle to fix due to varied hardware but if its happening on fixed hardware/software that is xbox is crazy (unless theres a difference in one/s/x) how can updates on xbox be released if it makes the game close straight away

1 Like

And again, after an update my game crashes before inicialize. Send the game to Steam and let the masters work on update. Now how many time I’ll not be able to play? 3 months like the last time when you guys release the Fortune Island DLC?

Ridiculous situation…you guys need some experience from Steam updates: DON’T LAUCH IT IF IT’S NOT 100% DONE

Jesus lord

I commented on 2 threads in the discussion board where a mod was telling people to post on the support thread, that the devs read it and that is your best chance for support. Both threads pretty much died after that with no response. This company does not care. If you look at what they tell you to do, they have set it up so they can easily ignore you. Post in the support thread, no reads it. Send a ticket, 2-3 weeks for a lame response and no help. Go on discord, your request gets lost in the thread and no one sees it. They are all over the threads for people that have no problems, but are no where to be found when people have an issue. We will just have to deal with it because they just ignore any problems. I will not re install my operating system when every single program I have runs perfect, including fh3 and fm7. These people are a joke.

1 Like

Or in this instance when it doesn’t even have anything to do with Windows.

i’ve reinstall windows, and now game works, but true is this update broke something

and yes, i send a ticket 3 days ago and no answer for now xD