Forza Horizon 4 not launching - Windows 10 version 1903

Talking about support tickets, I made mine on 6th of June, first reply was 25th of July, so don’t hold your breath really.

They asked for my DxDiag file, and the replied with:

"Hello,

We are going to have to keep troubleshooting some other ideas, please stand by as we are still looking for a solution to your issue,

Thank you"

Today I got an (automatic?) e-mail, asking if my problem was solved yet… Great joke!

1 Like

Today my audio drivers (Nahimic) updated themselves and asked me to reboot. After that Horizion 4 is finally working again!

But problem is the same for those people, who have High Definition Audio Device, provided by Microsoft

The Nahimic or driver issue doesn’t apply to people who also can’t get it to work on Xbox.

It is different for every PC user because every PC is different. It could be anything you have running causing a conflict as well. There is no one issue, that is why they cannot fix it easily

For most people, it has nothing to do with their PC, as they cannot play on Xbox either.

This is a part of the e-mail that I received from support, still have to test everything myself.

Sorry this is happening to you! These issues can be caused by a number of reasons, we can try these options below in order to troubleshoot.

Programs/software conflicts –
The game does not explicitly support and may even see certain applications/software as a conflict or threat and as such refuse to run or run with crashes.

1. Disable ALL background software or applications including, Antivirus, Firewalls, and any FPS boosting or monitoring software.
  2. Set game priority to high
  3. Turn off any overlays

The following list of software applications can cause Forza Horizon 4 to either fail to launch or crash while playing. Please make sure you either disable or uninstall to ensure successful game play.

· MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
· EVGA Precision
· OBS
· Xsplit
· MacType
· Warsaw Banking App
· Wallpaper Engine
. Nahimic

If you are using OBS or Xsplit, please set your source to display capture.

Missing/Corrupted files –
The game may have encountered an issue with a recent update (Windows, Drivers, Content) and refuses run with crashes or missing updates.

1. Ensure you have the MOST recent Windows 10 update
    2} Make sure your Graphics Card is updated with the latest patch, after windows update.
  2. Reset Store and Application - Windows>Settings>Applications>title>Advanced Options>Reset
  3. Full re-installation of the title

Sometimes a UWP reset is needed after an update,
Can you try to do a UWP application reset? (In Windows: Settings > Applications > title > Advanced Options > Reset)

We would suggest disabling Game Mode in Windows and close any overclocking, hardware monitoring, streaming, recording and any nonessential apps while you play the game. If this continues after doing those steps, please provide us with the following info.

Make Sure the Time/Date on your PC is Correct

1. Right click on the clock on your start menu.
  2. Select Adjust Date/Time.
  3. Untick then retick ‘Set time zone automatically’.
  4. Reboot your PC.

It could turn out that your system might not meet the Minimum Requirements –

1. Ensure your system meets the games minimum requirements
  2. For integrated graphics set priority to PCI-E > PCI > Int.GPU in BIOS.
  3. Check CPU and HDD bus/transfer speeds
  4. Run MemTest to rule out any RAM related issues

Again, none of this will work if your account also doesn’t work on an Xbox…

game version reset to zero why?

If you are hoping someone from t10 or pg is going to answer it isn’t going to happen. This issue has been ongoing and you can tell by the rest of the thread no one there really cares. It is unfortunate but they refuse to acknowledge that people are having issues. Submitting tickets doesn’t work either. Maybe one day the fairies inside our computers will magically fix this.

1 Like

the game works on my Xbox and still not on my laptop. The weird thing is it all worked fine at the beginning of June. I have done everything to try to fix it and read every solution but still have no idea what is going on.

You’re lucky. Most of us it does not work on Xbox OR PC, and in a lot of cases has nothing to do with Windows.

I just managed to get mine working again.

Start by opening Task Manager, and closing any processes for GameBar.exe and Xbox.exe. Then open an administrative PowerShell window, and run the following command:

The game was crashing when it couldn’t find the Visual C++ library, and this command reinitialises it.

Hope this helps you get back out into Britain!

2 Likes

Didn’t work for me :frowning: still can’t play the game. Buy Forza is a really frustrating experience, since the release this game can’t work properly.

Uunfortunately, it’s true. Sad, because it’s a really fun game. Had to uninstall today 'cause I just gave up trying to run the game.

No go here, still crashes after the small splash screen.

Behold the Forza Experience:

You get to bask in the glory of this jpeg for approximately 30 seconds before it vanishes without a trace. The gripping gameplay of this jpeg has had me coming back every week to see if there’s a continuation to the epic of the car and jeep. Do the leaves kicked up by the car ever fall? Does the jeep get over the wall? Will the game ever load? There are no answers, only questions, a masterpiece of its time. A jpeg worthy of its $60, nay, $100 price tag.

Someday we will get to play Forza again, it’s been a couple months now, what’s a few years more?

2 Likes

Do you try to run the game again after the crash? Mine does the same thing. As soon as it crashes to the desktop I run it again and it will sit there for about 30 seconds and then it catches and runs. It takes another 6-7 minutes to boot but eventually it loads. Then it runs fine while I play it. If I play it again a few hours later it is the same routine, boot, crash, boot runs. Unless there is an update, then I have to give it a day because it will just keep crashing after the update. Unfortuneately there is still no help from the people at PG. They have turned a blind eye to helping the people that spend good money on their product. They are all over threads with people that have no problems, but they hide in their cubicles when it comes to helping. The people in this thread have tried to help and it is appreciated, but PG needs to get off their backsides and do something already.

This. Well done sir, fixed my problem completely. How did you know the app was looking for the C++ library?