Ford Shelby GT350R 2016 (5.2L V8 Voodoo) - engine sound is inaccurate (1794274)

Dreadful sound on this, sorry. Sounds like a modern Ferrari V8.

Please give it the sound from FM7 or 6, that was perfect.

or the sound from FH5, thatā€™s pretty awesome, probably my favourite engine sound in the game.

The ('16-'21) Shelby GT350Rā€™s engine sound in FM is absolutely soulless. Itā€™s muffled and dull in this game and sounds very generic, which are not words someone would typically use to describe the 5.2L V8 Voodoo engine. All its bite, sharpness, and intensity are gone. Even worse, it sounds better in FM7 and FH5. Just copy that sound file into this game and it would be a big improvement. Though, it certainly can still be improved even further, as shown below; which can be achieved with a bit of EQ.

Current sound: Forza Motorsport 8 | 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R! [Full Throttle] (youtube.com)

Older sound: Forza Motorsport 7 - Ford Shelby GT350 R 2016 - Test Drive Gameplay (HD) [1080p60FPS] (youtube.com)

Sound in real life: https://youtu.be/tsnJP55lnCs?si=CS9SNpNiEBBWOalE&t=78 & SCREAMING EXHAUST GT350 NĆ¼rburgring (youtube.com)

I believe a post for this already exists - I created it if memory serves.

@JetPartySalad Could you merge the two please so that we can have a collective vote count? Thanks

There is another topic going around with the same complaint. Perhaps best we merge it. @JetPartySalad

I posted this in the audio suggestions part then got moved here and I never saw your post. Hopefully, they get to this sound issue especially because the GT350R is my favorite car as well, as the #15 GT350R-C was what I was rooting for in the 2015 & 2016 IMSA seasons. I was very disappointed when I first heard it in this game and I thought it was bug where it was playing the sound of another car.

Yeah, it doesnā€™t sound anything like the actual GT350. Itā€™s too generic, faint, and weak. So many details and nuances missing completely.

Honestly, if they take the FM7 sample and improve that, Iā€™d be really happy.

Hoping to see an update to this beloved carā€™s sound soon. Still undrivable as it sounds nothing like the deep, throaty and growly flat plane crank V8 itā€™s got IRL.

Honestly, the sample from both FM 6 and 7 is really, really good, use that if possible.

1 Like

Sound update needed please at long last!

This is what itā€™s like in FM, sounds too quiet.

FM6 used to have it in a wrong engine sound when the game released, and later on they patched it up to sound like the real car. Back when Turn 10 used to be decent.

FM7 sounds like the REAL GT350R. Itā€™s the best.

And FH5 sounded like the real one too. But its soundfile there is copy-pasted to other Mustangs in the game.

Iā€™m not gonna count FH3 and FH4 in because both of these FH titles made the GT350R sound like a 5.0 Coyote V8 from the Mustang GT.

So I want to count GT7 here, because Polyphony also nailed its sound!

Turn 10, if you all werenā€™t good enough to make engine sounds for FM8, at least reuse the amazing engine sounds from FM6, and most importantly, the Voodoo GT350R sound from FM7. Because whoever made those ā€œbEsT sOuNdSā€ in FM ā€˜23 since launch, he performed poorly.

And not to mention about its car model, it got claimed that its front end in Forza titles is poorly modeled.

1 Like