FM Update 3.0 | 12 Dec 2023

As you say Ron we are sucking at the teat to provide beta QA for the game engine.

I long for the day when there is a workable UI and content (Although at least a few more classes in open).

2 Likes

Well, the engine sound on the Dodge #9 American V8 Road Racing TA Challenger hasnā€™t been fixed with update 3. Itā€™s still completely missing after it vanished with update 2. And this is a premium paid for DLC car.

7 Likes

Same here! But apparently the ā€œUpdateā€ downgraded for me because this is the first time happening to me! Already tried back and in a few times to see if itā€™s just a one time bug, but no. Still have to see in other cars!

today (after update) I saw first time some very interesting tire choices the AI did

2 Likes

This update genuinely no exaggeration makes the game worse.
No fixes for the major issues effecting my enjoyment of the game - not one.
Performance is worse than it was yesterday by far.

Iā€™m going to personally stop playing this update so that their ā€˜engagementā€™ hours per user are not skewed by me being a beta tester for the next 6 hours. If they want to do a live service model - and they want to bring users back with their updates month after month - then they are going to need to start doing a hell of a lot better for me to fall for it.

9 Likes

Not sure if I even notice any improvement in the gameā€™s framerates. Iā€™m using a Ryzen 5 3600, and nothing changed with the stutters and inconsistency. And now itā€™s taking longer to load all the textures. I use to be in game from launch in about 30 seconds, now its nearly a minute.

I do like that they changed the name of some of the settings. Instead of basic visuals and advanced visuals, we now have Display and Graphics. But little else has changed.

I guess they got to keep at it, in order to make signifigant improvement in FPS and graphics

2 Likes

I just did a race in Suzuka and my game runs much better. It seems like DLSS is actually working and Iā€™m getting 60 FPS stable with the 60 FPS vsync on option activated. Before I was getting low 50s and DLSS kept disappearing from the menu.

Iā€™m on a 4060 running in a weird setup with dual monitors.

3 Likes

I also think the game is better after this update.

2 Likes

Sounds in this game have been atrocious from day one. Isnā€™t even worth filling out all the support tickets it would take. FM7 wasnā€™t good but it wasnā€™t atrocious like this game. FH5 was a step down from FM7 but it was still somewhat of an engine sound. Now granted, Iā€™m just playing through standard TV speakers but even NFS Heat had reasonable engine sounds. This game doesnā€™t even have engine sounds for some cars. One BMW sounds like a Hoover, and another car, donā€™t recall which one, sounds like a weedeater. The GMA T50 sounds like a bad wheel bearing. The Dodge Challenger SRT8, they did a great job on the supercharger whine but forgot to include the engine sound. Hey T10, something has to be spinning that supercharger to make it whine.

Maybe they should subcontract the audio for Forza out to Sony Recording Studios! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is my whole thing right now is

1. adjustable tire wear multiplier in multiplayer
  2. spectator mode in multiplayer (at least privates for leagues)
  3. be able to save replays all around and be able to watch them
  4. add in previous race results for multiplayer
  5. add in manual grid set for private multiplayer
10 Likes

Replays when? the only thing im waiting to be fixed and an important one for content creators.

5 Likes

How is it possible that after a week no one at turn10 has realized that pininfarinna batista is not new in FM2023

2 Likes

I canā€™t say Iā€™ve noticed significant improvement to the framerate after the update (apart from cutscenes, perhaps), and Iā€™m disappointed that steering wheel settings still reset and shaders are still compiled with every restart of the game. And that the Dodge TA Challenger still has no engine sound (but I appreciate fixing sound of KTM). And that Iā€™ve experienced another infinite loading screen shortly after launching the game (this time when starting practice)ā€¦

Soā€¦ maybe things will be actually better with Update 4 in January?

PS. Environment at Hockenheim changed a lot since FM7 so it feels kinda fresh, even despite all three track layouts remained unchanged (unlike with Yas Marina). However, I hope that the next track is going to be either new to Forza or at least must-have classic (especially Bathurst, since Nordschleife should be expected only in spring).

2 Likes

Same issue

Serious lack of communication in house at T10, yesterday on X\twitter they introduced the Peugeot #7 DG that come out last week itā€™s beyond embarrassing now.

2 Likes

I second Bathurst + the gen 3 Camaro and Mustang

6 Likes

I meant to update that it is working now. Try reloading the game.

Is there a January Update? @T10ManteoMax

My game fails to launch after the update,

PC Microsoft store version 7800x3d 7900xtx

It was mentioned here:

Update 3 will be live in the game for 5 weeks before Update 4 releases in mid-January.

3 Likes