Festival Playlist events and rewards Sep 1-7 (Winter S11)

I’m not usually a fan of their Treasure Hunt clues, as it usually looks like a lot of guesswork needed. However, this one isn’t too bad:

Puma is a big cat - so purr
1999 is the car year
There’s a picture of the Puma in case that wasn’t clear
Perfect finish implies you need to come 1st.

1 Like

Sure, but it could have been Road, Street, or something else entirely.

I didn’t find the stock Volvo hard to drive. Teammates were a mixed bag though. I just cruised at the back holding an AI or few while they fought for 1st after being punched around. Done.

Treasure Chest worked fine, Racing Puma, won race, pop-up X to view Treasure Clue thing, and… of course by fine I mean it’s broken. No circle. No chest. And now the Treasure Hunt doesn’t even show as done but won’t complete on retry of course. Perfect. Thankfully I don’t need it.

Event Lab “greatest ever” many seem to be saying ? Maybe I played a different one :wink: I mean it was ok, and clearly a lot of work put into it, but not the best I’ve played. I can think of a couple off hand that were better. This one could have done with a little better checkpoint placement (“missing” one near the start on the long stretch, and a couple maybe adjusted size, but overall good yeah. At least nothing was broken in it. Not meant to be (apparently can’t say) with faint praise.

1 Like

Sorry in advance to the people who are not having the treasure chest show up,but the bug i’ve been getting for the last 2 or 3 treasure hunts is once the riddle is solved i’m given a blue treasure chest icon straight away - no hunting in a red area - just straight to the chest - xbox seriesx

Done and dusted again.
Event Lab was really well done, enjoyed the track. Those elevation changes must have taken ages to get right.
Trail was pants, way too many ram-jockeys and “I wanna be in front”-ists. Lucky to have it done in two runs, 2nd one was luck, literally no cooperation amongst teammates.
Everything else was a bit ‘meh’ really.
I got the Merc for free instead of buying it (why folk spend CR on stuff you can for nought is beyond my understanding).
Let’s do this again… next week say?

1 Like

Got assassinated by an excitable toonmate whilst top blue team runner in the 2nd race but got it done in 2 races anyway.

1 Like

Bizarre. Unless, do you have the Treasure Map DLC ? Maybe (I think ?) it’s supposed to show the chest when the hoops are jumped through, no circle just chest location.

1 Like

I was going to say that i hadn’t bought the map,but i thought i’d better check 1st and apparently i have bought it! I haven’t in reality - i double checked my MS account payments to be sure - but the game thinks i have.Go figure.
I am VIP,is the map free with that ?

Edit: Thinking about it, treasure map certainly wasn’t activated when HotWheels came out,i spent ages searching for the hidden stuff on there,so its only recent

1 Like

Not sure if it’s part of VIP or not off hand. Game also thought I had Treasure Map a while back, or at least it kept asking if I wanted to turn it off or some nonsense. It never seemed turned on to me so I just wrote it off as a bug.

1 Like

Trial race. The difference between racing the Volvo wagon and a battle tank? With a battle tank you can blow stuff up. The Volvo, on the other hand, just blows.

And the AI definitely does drive outside of the constraints of the PGG/T10 Rules of the Road.

In hot wheels you would have to activate the treasure map before it shows everything. It has a warning message too. Something about spoiling the adventure.

For me the treasure map was some of the best money ever spent. No regrets

Edit: to my knowledge it’s a separate purchase.

2 Likes

I also have VIP from getting the pre-release Premium edition but never had the map. It’s always a purchase option on my menus.
No Idea what’s going on there.

1 Like

I purchased it separately.

1 Like

Weird.
Just did a load of stuff to get the free M-B 300.
Decided to play it safe - closed game, exited, shut down console for 10 mins - usual as I’ve been losing progress constantly for weeks.
Rebooted and Lo and Behold it says the map is already purchased though I never have bought it. Up till now it always said I had to buy it plus the treasure thing still did the usual earlier of showing the area in red till I found the chest. Bizarre.

3 Likes

All i can think of is i have ‘overshot’ a few times when navigating to the tuning menu and ended up opening the treasure map menu in the store section by mistake.I have even clicked ‘buy’ it by mistake (A instead of B),but it just takes you to the store where it can’t go any further without my password.At least it used to,now it just says ‘item already purchased’ :smiley: Hey ho

1 Like

Definitely broken - but in a good way - not only a free treasure map (that I don’t need anyway) but 200,000 CR from a Daily Wheelspin.
Thought this was only September not Christmas !!! :smiley:

Yeah same here - and I don’t even have any options for payments on my account so I couldn’t buy it even if I wanted to. :smiley:

Cool,a bug we benefit from. Patch upcoming in 3,2,1… :smiley:

2 Likes

As long as the Patch let’s me keep unwrapping stuff and not losing progress I can live without the map…

1 Like

This Trial is bad, and PGG should feel bad. It’s a microcosm of everything wrong with this game.

2 Likes