Festival Playlist events and rewards June 9-16 (Winter S8)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

WINTER | DRY SEASON

The season starts at 7:30am Pacific on June 9th and closes Thursday, June 16, 2022 2:30 PM
This is the third season of Series 8.

SERIES PROGRESS

SERIES 8: GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE EXCELLENCE

Series total: 208 Points
Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Reward: 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 S (Hard-To-Find car) (80 points)
Reward: 1939 Auto Union Type D (Autoshow value 15,000,000 CR) (160 points)

SEASON PROGRESS

Total Points: 52
Accumulate points with any combination of completed events this season to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car.

Reward: 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S (new Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
Reward: 1985 Porsche #185 959 Prodrive Rally Raid (Autoshow value 1,500,000 CR) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Not only do completing these events earn seasonal points, they also earn Forzathon Points which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge: M For Motorsport (5 pts)
These four challenges must be completed in sequence for completion.

• Chapter 1: Sheer Driving Pleasure | Own and drive the 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
  • Chapter 2: Distinct Design | Take a photo of the BMW Z4
  • Chapter 3: Racing Sports | Win 3 Road Racing Events in the BMW Z4
  • Chapter 4: Ultimate Drifting Machine | Earn 20 Drift or E-Drift Skills in the BMW Z4

#Forzathon Daily Challenges (1 point each)
Each day a new challenge opens at 7:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

The Ring Drive 13 miles (20.83 km) in any German vehicle
Rally Round Win a Dirt Racing Event in the 1984 Opel Manta 400
Super Hero Earn 20 Wreckage Skills in any German Sports Utility Hero
Built for Racing Complete a Horizon Open Custom Race in any BMW
Rising Star Earn 9 Stars at Speed Zones in any Porsche
Own Goal! Smash a Goal Post in any German vehicle
Hammer Down Jump 1,000 ft (305 m) in a 1987 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Coupe

Forzathon Shop

700 FP Car 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR (Autoshow value 2,000,000 CR)
300 FP Car 1989 Porsche #65 Rothsport Racing 911 “Desert Flyer” (Autoshow value 500,000 CR)
75 FP Clothing German Race Helmet (new seasonal exclusive)
75 FP Car Horn Doom E1M1 High
60 FP Wheelspins 150 FP Super Wheelspins

SEASON EVENTS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion.

The Trial (10 pts) | Stock Showdown: Porsche #65 911 Desert | Dirt Racing | Stock
Note: You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial.
Reward: 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (Autoshow value 240,000 CR)

EventLab (3 pts) | AVERAGEONE0710 PRESENTS “Not-So Deep Forest Raceway” | (S1 900) Germany
Reward: 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 (Autoshow value 150,000 CR)

Playground Games (3 pts) | Pick and Mix | Baja Circuit | (B700) Germany Pickups & 4x4s
Reward: Thumbs Up (emote unlock)

Danger Sign (2 pts) | Event Horizon | (S1 900) Porsche 911 GT3 '04 | 1017.1 feet
Reward: Super Wheelspin

Speed Trap (2 pts) | Arid Hills | (S1 900) BMW M5 '18 | 200.0 mph

Speed Zone (2 pts) | Mountain Pass | (B700) Opel Manta 400 | 100.0 mph

Championship (5 pts) | Modern Classics | Street Racing | (A800) Germany Modern Sports Cars
Reward: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S (Autoshow value 150,000 CR)

Championship (5 pts) | Road Show | Road Racing | (S1 900) Germany Modern Super Cars
Reward: 1987 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Coupe (Autoshow value 165,000 CR)

CHALLENGES

Treasure Hunt (3 pts) | High Jump | Couped Up? Let’s up the ante by seeing the Heights of Mulegé!
Reward: 100 Forzathon Points

Photo Challenge (2 pts) | #PITCHPERFECT | Photograph the 2015 Audi TTS Coupe at Estadio Horizon
Reward: Red Suit (Clothing unlock)

The Eliminator (2 pts) | #Battle Royale | Finish 30th or better
Reward: 1984 Opel Manta 400 (Autoshow value 100.000 CR)

MONTHLY EVENTS

Monthly Rivals (4 pts) | Arch of Mulegé | Porsche 911 GT3 '21 | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 7, completing the Monthly Rivals event adds 1 point to each season’s progress for a total of 4 points applied to series progress.

SUPER7

Complete the Horizon Super7 in the creative Hub menu

2 Likes

So it appears the Desert Flyer really does have to be stock this week, I had Saeenu’s tune on and my only option was the rental car.

1 Like

I decided to hit the Trial early. It went down great. Humans won first two races no problem. Very relieved it wasn’t a car wreck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m on my fourth try already. So many dead weights this week.

1 Like

I feel you. I must have struck lucky with my team.

Yep no fake stock tunes this week! I got it done on the first try again! 2 weeks straight!

PGG also done on the first try!

2 Likes

Adjusting the stock car helped a lot though. Min ride height added stability through the banked turns on the first track.

Ok, finally did it fifth try. Funny thing, the worst human player was prestige 10 level 2999. Some people, really…

2 Likes

Glad you got through it. As for cheater… burn them all with fire!

1 Like

Easy Treasure Chest this week.

Heights of Mulege jump in the C63 S Coupe, chest is on a mound to the right of the landmark/building if you’re driving straight to it from your landing off the jump.

2 Likes

Great EventLab this week too, aside from a rather dodgy section with the small jumps early on I really enjoyed it, a good little nostalgia trip for anyone who hasn’t played GT in so long like myself.

Considering the limitations when making a track it’s a very good effort at recreating Deep Forest by the creator.

2 Likes

Left the Festival with a fleet of other C63’s and did some doughnuts. That was alright. :+1:

1 Like

Another really fun race this week. Deep forest was a blast especially with it only being TWO laps!

1 Like

As previous week 1 sec. race for the third chapter of the weekly to do it quickly.
699 581 485

2 Likes

That week was so easy, had it all done in about an hour.

Ugh…two of the PR stunts required substantial upgrades, as the restriction was an entire class above the requisite cars. At least the Opel one was a cakewalk stock.

2 Likes

Indeed. Don’t get why this is done.
In some cases a car is so close to the top of its original class that a minor upgrade already tips it over the edge. I believe these had some room to spare. Why not just lower the target instead of spending CR? I have plenty to spend but not everyone might.

4 Likes

Getting people to grind is a favourite hobby of game publishers.

Remember when I posted last week about one championship full of opponents with a “(2)” at the end? It happened again, with a couple exceptions this time.

Haven’t done the championships and the treasure hunt yet.

I made a mess of the trial due to unexpected offline interruptions & had to quit. Got it done on my second go in two races. Got murdered in the playground games but just had to participate in that. After a couple of goes, got the PR stunts done without much hassle.