Festival Playlist events and rewards May 26 - June 2 (Summer S8)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

SUMMER | WET SEASON

The season starts at 7:30am Pacific on May 26th and closes Thursday, June 2, 2022 2:30 PM
This is the first and opening season of Series 8.

SERIES PROGRESS

SERIES 8: GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE EXCELLENCE

Series total: 208 Points
Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Reward: 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 S (Hard-to-Find car) (80 points)
Reward: 1939 Auto Union Type D (Autoshow value 15,000,000 CR) (160 points)

SEASON PROGRESS

Total Points: 52
Accumulate points with any combination of completed events this season to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car.

Reward: 1987 Porsche 959 (Autoshow value 2,000,000 CR) (20 points)
Reward: 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Seasonal Exclusive) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Not only do completing these events earn seasonal points, they also earn Forzathon Points which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge: The AMG Treatment (5 pts)
These four challenges must be completed in sequence for completion.

• Chapter 1: The Best or Nothing | Own and drive the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
  • Chapter 2: Close Up | Take a photo of the Mercedes-Benz SLK
  • Chapter 3: Driving Performance | Earn 9 stars at Speed Traps in the Mercedes-Benz SLK
  • Chapter 4: Style & Power | Bank 100,000 skill score in the Mercedes-Benz SLK

#Forzathon Daily Challenges (1 point each)
Each day a new challenge opens at 7:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

• German Engineering | Own and drive any German vehicle
  • Touring Masters | Win 2 Road Racing Events in any German vehicle
  • Drifting Hour | Earn 20 Drift Skills in the #98 BMW 325i [Available from the Forzathon Shop]
  • Smile! | Take a picture of any Mercedes-Benz
  • Peak Porsche | Earn 5 Stars at Danger Signs in the 1970 Porsche 914/6
  • One With the Road | Drive 10 miles (16.1 km) in the 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster
  • Going Overboard | Earn 3 Skillboard Skills by hitting a Billboard in any German vehicle

Forzathon Shop

• 700 FP Car: 2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro (Hard-to-Find car)
  • 200 FP Car: 1989 Formula Drift #98 BMW 325i (Autoshow value 300,000 CR)
  • 75 FP Clothing: Germany Cap (new seasonal exclusive)
  • 75 FP Car Horn: Sea of Thieves Theme
  • Wheelspins and Super Wheelspins cost 60 and 150 FP

SEASON EVENTS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion.

The Trial (10 pts) | Stock Showdown: Mercedes-Benz 190E | Road Racing | (C579) Mercedes-Benz 190E
Note: You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial.
Reward: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series (Autoshow value 150,000 CR)

EventLab (3 pts) | DNASTONTHEBEAT PRESENTS “Shipyard Autocross Battle” | (B700) Germany
Reward: Pop ‘N’ Lock (Emote unlock)

Playground Games (3 pts) | Down the Hatch | El Estadio Horizon | (B700) German Hot Hatch
Reward: 2010 Volkswagen Golf R (Autoshow value 64,000 CR)

Danger Sign (2 pts) | Launch Control | (A800) Mercedes-Benz A45
Reward: Super Wheelspin

Speed Zone (2 pts) | Switchbacks | (A800) Audi TTS | 95.0 mph

Drift Zone (2 pts) | Las Curvas | (S1 900) Formula Drift #98 BMW | 90,000 points

Championship (5 pts) | Meet and Street | Street Scene | (A800) Audi vs. Porsche
Reward: 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Autoshow value 255,000 CR)

Championship (5 pts) | Pick Me Up | Cross Country | (B700) German Pick Ups & 4x4s
Reward: 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II (Autoshow value 150,000)

CHALLENGES

Treasure Hunt (3 pts) | Power Up | It’s time to get electric in the clover zone!
Reward: 100 Forzathon Points

Photo Challenge (2 pts) | #ONCOURSE | Photograph the 2010 Volkswagen Golf R at Club de Opalo de Fuego
Reward: Light Blue High Tops (Clothing unlock)

Horizon Open (2 pts) | Open Season | Complete a Horizon Open race in any German vehicle
Reward: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe (Autoshow value 120,000 CR)

MONTHLY EVENTS

Monthly Rivals (4 pts) | Arch of Mulege | Porsche 911 GT3 '21 | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 7, completing the Monthly Rivals event adds 1 point to each season’s progress for a total of 4 points applied to series progress.

SUPER7

Complete the Horizon Super7 in the creative Hub menu

2 Likes

So, the trial is supposed to be all stock?
So then why do the AI racers have much better acceleration than all of us?

3 Likes

Trial: First race (circuit) the AI Teagan won, far ahead of everybody despite using the same car with the same settings. Second race (sprint) five of us flew past the opponents right out of the gate.

And of course even without needing to fiddle with car settings we had a “millstone” on our side who came dead last in both races. No excuses this time, that player just joined to get carried.

The trial was actually fun! Surprisingly I got it done on the first try, just needed the 2 races. Even though I complete all the tasks in a few hours, I enjoy the Thursday playlist. Gives me a variety of things to do aside from non-stop Open.

I like the game but not enough to play 15 hours a day to keep that top spot. Its exhausting. :grimacing::grimacing:

5 Likes

Because AI.
Drivatars tend to behave very differently in the same car.

Trial wasn’t so bad, fairly ok team who were good enough to beat most of the AI each, I got in front fairly quickly in both races and 2 AI pulled away with me on Estadio + 1 on Reservorio though.

I still think it’s only being done to compensate for them messing up standard Trials but it has levelled the playing field a lot, it’s just mostly your own + your teammate’s skill that are the factors.

Only problem I can foresee is people being so used to AWD that they’ll try to drive the 190E like one, it’s a docile + forgiving car but even that will have you if you try going full power before you’re properly through the corners.

3 Likes

Needed restart to have Festival Dragstrip Shipyard Autocross Battle to trigger. Sigh.

1 Like

Same!!! That part is also exhausting.

Won the auto-X event by carlength.
Gave me second.
Nobody tests this.

I saw you at 35mio+ yesterday evening on the no 1 spot of the leaderboard. Have a lot of respect for you and how you are pushing this.
I reached 10 mio yesterday and quite honestly am happy for a little break now :slightly_smiling_face:
Was with you in a few B700 lobbies along the way… are you even finalizing lobbies without taking the 5k bonus??
:wink:

I’m stuck at the treasure hunt. Taycan…3 stars in a speedzone…what am I doin wrong? What is the clover zone? In my language it says green zone😅

The video here explains it all.

2 Likes

Got the trial done in one so happy enough. 11th place start in the first race plus two other players crashing into each other completely blocking the road ruined the first race. Started the second race in the same place but managed to avoid most of the carnage to get 3rd behind two other team human.

Twelve of these cars in one race is definitely interesting though.

1 Like

Trial won, 1st race leading, teammate put me in wall. So, I go for leisurely drive. He didn’t win but we did. Second race, same “apex-helper” so again with leisurely drive. Others won for us. Reported idiot. Bad day and I don’t care.

Minimum 1 star the Trebol speed zone (one on the freeway/motorway) in the Taycan, chest is NW of Highland Charge + South of an XP board underneath the big pylon.

Easy as that, no need for a video.

2 Likes

How would people farm clicks if they just answered questions? :laughing:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with farming clicks, the vid is far more interesting and amusing that the challenge itself, and the comments there are far less toxic… well, unless you happen to be a Forza employee maybe.

1 Like

Good trial. Team worked very well. We won the first two races. Job done!

1 Like

The interchange at the Trebol Speed Zone is called a cloverleaf because the loops in the center look like a 4 leaf clover.