Festival Playlist events and rewards May 11-18 (Winter S20)

Does the NSXR-GT qualify for this weeks trial?? If so my tune is the one you want. It will completely wreck every track in that trial.

I do have a down grade tune for the Aston. Thanks for the nod. I usually use that car for street scene races. Not sure if you would like it on these circuits.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t sorry. I edited my post above to remove it. I confused the Trial with another competition I’m currently in where the X-Bow and NSX R-GT are the front runners. Trying to do too many things this morning, lol.

1 Like

Used the X-Bow with Cashless’ tune for The Trial. Perfect.
I’m not the best racer, but I was soon out in front and holding 2nd spot as the AI zoomed off in the Manx.
Will be keeping that tune on, and maybe try another trial!

3 Likes

I’m thinking the X-bow is “the answer”. I’ll do another trial just to test it myself.

I’m bummed I didn’t do a Gulf livery for it, but it’s not really well suited for the “Side stripe, center stripe” template I had going for most of the rest.

I was going to share my Jaguar F-type project 7 tune for Trial. I really liked how it drives. Was even beating X-bow in Trial with what looked like a competent driver.
But just out of curiosity did quick tune for X-bow and it was 2 sec quicker at Terra Prospera just like that. So no tune for Jag I guess :frowning:
Unless someone really wants it.

Yes please. Xbow is a bit dull :joy:.

1 Like

10seconds too late. You will need to wait until tomorrow :upside_down_face:

to clarify: it takes around 5minutes to boot up the game on my PC :wink:
You can take Golf for a spin.

:slightly_smiling_face: no worries. I’m not here tomorrow so I will be in suspense until Saturday.

You might want to try the Lync&Co #100.
With front wheel drive, rallye tires and aero it wasn’t the fastest car from the start, but as soon as the straights ended, the race line stayed blue along the bends almost everywhere.

3 Likes

And you most likely missed the extra turns along the cliff, where the traffic cones are (the checkpoint is not placed ideal to catch that turnoff).
The track nearly gains a third in length that way, but what an effort bulding it around the rocks. Chapeau.
I wonder how they hid the race line in the first half of that lab, though.

X-Bow was the meta A class in FM5, so it’s going to be nostalgic trying to beat that little monster again.

Nice. I might run that one that one too @Der_Duit

1 Like

So this won’t be helpful for the trial, but it is a sick tune.

Livery share code:

1 Like

Those are some sick Gulf liveries. I may download one or two - but speaking of throwbacks, I am also really tempted to try and make this one. :smile: (Where it all started haha)

6 Likes

I’m confident I could make that. I just worry about somebody reporting it… :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably not worth it then. I doubt many will still remember these games anyway. :smile::smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

You’re probably right even though there’s tobacco and alcohol liveries shared without any apparent issues in an e3 game. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Awesome!!! Thank you, it’s definitely one of my favorite tunes I have done. It’s almost untouchable on certain tracks. I’m happy you like it as well.

1 Like

So… I changed my mind and did an X-bow livery.

Turns out it’s not as barren a wasteland as I thought. You just have to provide your own paint on the sides (the standard paint doesn’t cover over the black, but vinyl groups do):

Share code:

Im not gonna waste any time testing this, but what do you think it is?

1 Like

Seriously. I am so sick and tired of that jungle water slide track comng up in championships, because even in a hypercar it takes well over 2 minutes to complete a single lap. Playlist championship races should be on the order of 3-4 minutes, little bite-sized nuggets that we can work through quickly, not 7-minute marathons like on that track or the one super-long desert mountain circuit. And they’re not even fun long races either, since you’re usually half a lap ahead of the AI by the second lap. It’s just wasting our time.

Speaking of, I really enjoyed the design of the event lab race this week, but there’s absolutely no reason why an AI-free race should have been set to 5 laps. Having it be 3 would have been more than enough as-is. Also the driving line was broken for half of the circuit.

7 Likes