Festival Playlist events and rewards May 11-18 (Winter S20)

seasonal 3 lap S2 Hot Wheels races somehow feel like being on a treadmill for 8 minutes. that whole expansion is fundamentally broken.

also: 4+ laps of any race puts my controller and tv in grave danger

2 Likes

Question: Would you prefer more laps (let’s say 7 or 9 laps) of one track in Trial, instead of normal 3 laps of 2/3 tracks? (sprints would be normal 3 races)
I guess it is less loading time + more time to overtake AI, but at the same time “more boring” for some people (cause you are in the same place) + some tracks probably are harsh e.g. Cathedral (personally is one of my favorites, but I know some people don’t like it).

• Yes (6-7 laps)
  • Yes (8-9 laps)
  • Yes (to infinity and beyond)
  • No, now it works good
  • IDC, just give me 10pts

0 voters

Seems to be a more difficult trial this week. Tierra Prospera has some rapid drivatars and, having been smashed into by teammates early on, I’ve only won that once out of three attempts.

The Xbow feels like the clear best choice given the tracks, with the Caterham and Manx FE making up a fairly clear top 3 unless I’ve missed something. After that, there are a lot of Track Toys at a relatively similar pace.

What about 1st race, where (in each of my attempts) AI was trying to breach the wall in first left corner? You didn’t have any of those?

But yeah, there was few fast AIs in 2nd track.

First race seems easy. AI seems barely able to drive in a straight line there. Third one is a bit harder than race 1 but much easier than race 2.

I would also like to see some of the longer races (Marathon, Gauntlet and Goliath) featured I think the Gauntlet has featured once so far and maybe the Goliath once, very early on?

3 Likes

2nd race had the fastest AI in my attempts as well. Had to push my detuned Mustang 350 quite harshly in one run to catch the lead.
The KTM and Manx FE caught up too quickly preventing the AI from “getting into the zone”.

1 Like

I think would like to do longer convoy races, but themed on the trial with confident drivers once a week. Could have a mini league and reset it every series. AI isn’t up to scratch enough for me to keep it consistently interesting. If that was more reliable I’d say yes, though.

1 Like

I started with Forza H4 again and noticed that the sprint races were way longer than I was accustomed to in Forza H5.
Furthermore, all three races came up, altough the convoy won the first two.

I think that this would be a nice step “back” in the right direction, to race all three and hence experience a longer gameplay.
Making the sprints longer, though, would mean remapping the races, intermittend station, barriers and finish lines which is unrealistic.

The marathon races, OTH, were it takes 15 minutes to complete (26 for the Gauntled in B or …beware… in C) saw most of our group boykotting said race and forfeiting the points for it.
Esspecially in the early times when the AI raced far ahead (somethimes even starting with a 3km lead), impossible to catch and hence to win the race(s). Then having 20min to trundle behind waiting for the “defeat” was no fun.

I prefer the current way it’s done, if you’re up 2-0 that 3rd race is a dead rubber and is little more than a few more minutes of there being a chance you get a random DC, something I stopped being surprised by in FH4 it happened so much.

And if I’m honest with how many idiots I’ve had in Trials in FH5 I am glad to be done and dusted after 2 races, hopefully to never see them ever again.

2 Likes

My vote would be to stop driving online Trial engagement by it having it as the highest point reward & instead reduce the points & redistribute them more evenly among other events to allow other timely options for those who don’t wish to subject themselves to it. Tying the treasure chest to it is just another example of forced engagement.

I get that some players enjoy it, but the overall weekly comments seem to suggest the typical dumpster-fire experience, with the occasional positive experience mixed in.

3 Likes

I’d only like this because of the eyedropper drip feed that is racing endgame, making me desperately hungry for more.

If we had custom championships, like in FH3, then I’d have nigh unlimited racing endgame, and wouldn’t mind at all when the playlist denies access to the main reason I play this game.

If custom championships (or a suitable replacement) existed, I’d much prefer that the trial ended after two wins. Less interaction with randoms, the better.

Deleted

1 Like

They occasionally featured those races in the FH4 Trials, but we already see complaints if a race takes more than 3 minutes to complete in FH5 so I imagine there would be meltdowns.

I think this desire by some in the community to just be able to get points as quickly as possible is leading to the further casualization of FH5.

The weekly #Forzathon challenges are a good example. In FH4 you’d often have to complete 3 or more races, complete the Colossus, Gauntlet, etc. or drive a car for 26 miles, etc.
Now the #Forzathons are done in 5 minutes.

1 Like

Do you mean the new RS3? It’s brutally unstable with stock suspension but with a very conservative setup it works without aero.

1 Like

I was trying to think of the right word for the opposite of a shortcut. Detour was the best I could manage. I hadn’t watched your vid yet, but the existence of the vid prompted me to keep an eye out, and I spotted it on the 3rd or 4th lap.

I’m with most folks… cool course… but not 5 laps cool. Maybe they were hoping after that many laps you would stumble onto the detour? 2 or 3 laps would have been sufficient. I’m pretty sure that’s a PGG call and not the content creator.

3 Likes

The trial is what I build toward each week. I want to come in with a good car with a good tune (and a livery that I made, preferably). I realize that some people eschew the multi-player component. My experience may have been skewed by my first trial being that really (REALLY) hard one after which they nerfed it. It was this impossible task that I had to attempt over and over.

Most trials now end after just the 2 races, but I still try to capture that. I will say that on my second trial this week the X-bow that was leading did an outstanding job of teamwork to block the computers to help let me catch up. Moments like that are pretty cool. Getting rammed out of checkpoints… less so. But that happens less often. I try not to put myself in position to where it’s even an option, even if it costs me speed/time. I just can’t trust most average trial teammates, especially with regard to that.

2 Likes

There you have it.
Jaguar F-type Project 7 - tune name: roar, SC: 140 454 997
Went with stock exhaust, cause it has lower note.
Was wondering about sharing the non-aero version, so it would be more versatile, but in the end went with full aero. It was like 0,5-1sec faster at Tierra Prospera. My PB was low 1:05, 1:04 is plausible.
Should be pretty good with auto gearbox too, so if anyone else wants to try it → be my guest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues this week? The trial would end for me after the first round. Did this 3 times. Reset my XBOX went to reboot FH5 and it just stays on the “Loading… Please wait” screen….

Yeah not good…first time in a long time I’ve ended up in a 3rd race.

As for the team not much to say apart from that last player remaining thought a great strategy for winning the Trial was to try and mess things up for the person who was clearly the quickest/best chance of winning the thing, tried overtaking them on the outside at the start of Estadio and they started pushing into me (when the course is going left), got past and they tried corner bombing me in the subsequent 2 corners, fortunately they failed as Katya was pulling out a sizeable lead already.

Had the idiot been successful Katya may have rocketed away to the point I wouldn’t have been able to catch them, was around a quarter of the way through the 2nd lap when I did.

The tune I used on the M3 is Saeenu’s Weekly Forzathon, was a bit unsure how the car would be with the tune just being for that but it was a good, solid drive.

3 Likes